Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ANOTHER neo 90s House track produced in Gadget, mastered in Cubasis 3

Okay, so today's musical offering is another Neo 90s House track produced 95% in Gadget and 5% in Cubasis 3. I honestly couldn't think off a good title for this track, so I titled it the first thing that came to mind. 🤣 Yes, the intro is reminiscent of "Vogue", but the drops are reminiscent of EDM tracks you'd hear the likes of Lucas & Steve, albeit with more traditional early 90s House sounds. So here we go with the breakdown of instruments.

The silent Sidechain trigger is Detroit CHat in Recife. The kick, while it sounds like a traditional House kick, is actually Kick Dubstep 1 in Recife. The impacts, record scratching, and "disco hit" are from Amsterdam.

The 909 hi hat is OHat Chicago 2 in Recife, but the Finger Snap and Tambourine are both from the Drums #1 patch in Darwin (aka iM1). The bongos are Gladstone, and the crash cymbal is Cym Detroit 1 in Recife.

The subbass is Chiangmai as per usual, but the M1 Organ Bass is actually Darwin. Darwin is also where the M1 Piano sound comes from.

The main lead in the drop is actually four synths layered - Lisbon, Montpellier, Berlin, and Marseille. The same synth path in Berlin also plays that top figure in the "Vogue" section.

The "hi string" sound is actually the "Wave pad" sound from Darwin. (By the way, anything from Darwin is from the original card, not any of the expansions, so as to stay true to the early 90s House sound).

The white noise riser is Wolfsburg, and the rising pitch riser is Brussels.

Of course this track was mastered in Cubasis 3 with the usual suspects of MagicDeathEyeStereo into BarkFilter Tripleband into TB Barricade.

My next track is probably going to be something very off the wall. Stay tunes mates. Enjoy. :)

Comments

• Like how full your track sounds...
    The M1 Organ Bass is always welcome in these Neo 90s House Tracks 🥰

• @senhorlampada said:
    Like how full your track sounds...
    The M1 Organ Bass is always welcome in these Neo 90s House Tracks 🥰

Thanks mate. :) Yep, the M1 Organ Bass is a staple in these sorts of tracks. That and drum selection help separate Neo 90s from "Future House".

• Was wondering when you were gonna pull out Darwin to go all out 90’s 🕺
    Finger snap is iconic, I should use it more often.

• edited June 2021

@R_2 said:
    Was wondering when you were gonna pull out Darwin to go all out 90’s 🕺
    Finger snap is iconic, I should use it more often.

Darwin is definitely the 90s House Music machine. ;) Absolutely correct on that mate.

And yeah, I remember when I first heard that Finger Snap: Bizarre Inc's "I'm Gonna Get You".

This is one of those tracks that's pretty bloody life-changing. You know what's funny? I grew up on Eurodance music (Sash, Brooklyn Bounce, Vengaboys) before I discovered early 90s House. Then I listened to Crystal Waters, Bizarre Inc, Black Box, Snap, Culture Beat, Dr. Alban, Haddaway, etc. Hell, even Madonna's "Vogue" (which the intro of this track kinda references) has that iconic early 90s House sound. Now as an adult in my 30s, I really enjoy some of the shit Spinnin Records puts out. "Future House" references early 90s House but in a different way. My favourite track released by Spinnin without a doubt is "Man Enough"...

Toni Braxton's mega smash hit put to a fucking House beat. :lol: Summer of 2016 mate!