Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ordered MacBook Air M1. Very excited 😆

Very excited. It should arrive tomorrow. I’ve got an aged MacBook Pro that no longer runs apps very well. My main daw is Logic Pro. Looking forward to being able not being forced to use track freeze on every track.

Anyone got any tips or tricks or anything I should know.

Comments

  • No tips, just congrats. No more freezing... what will you do with all that saved time! 😉🥳

  • Very cool. The Macbook Air used to be one of the most underpowered of the Macbook offerings from Apple and the new M1 version is just a monster. Please post your review after you’ve used it for a while.

  • Waiting for M2 MacBooks to come out, so close, maybe a few more months. My 2014 MPro is ready for a refresh.

  • edited June 2

    @cyberheater said:
    anything I should know.

    The rumors and hype are true. The "mirror only" for external displays is a myth if you use an appropriate USB-C hub/dock.

  • @AlmostAnonymous said:

    @cyberheater said:
    anything I should know.

    The rumors and hype are true. The "mirror only" for external displays is a myth if you use an appropriate USB-C hub/dock.

    That’s good to know. Time to invest in some dongles.

  • @cyberheater said:

    @AlmostAnonymous said:

    @cyberheater said:
    anything I should know.

    The rumors and hype are true. The "mirror only" for external displays is a myth if you use an appropriate USB-C hub/dock.

    That’s good to know. Time to invest in some dongles.

    Not the apple dongles. They don't work. Displaylink capable docks/hubs. Currently have the microsoft surface travel dock connected and its doing dual display.

  • @AlmostAnonymous said:

    @cyberheater said:

    @AlmostAnonymous said:

    @cyberheater said:
    anything I should know.

    The rumors and hype are true. The "mirror only" for external displays is a myth if you use an appropriate USB-C hub/dock.

    That’s good to know. Time to invest in some dongles.

    Not the apple dongles. They don't work. Displaylink capable docks/hubs. Currently have the microsoft surface travel dock connected and its doing dual display.

    Thanks.

  • @cyberheater You’re gonna love it. Sleek and badass powerful. Runs Logic effortlessly and renders video in a fraction of the time it took on my Intel MB Pro. I only wish they’d put a USB-C port on each side.

  • I've had it a week now. A quick review.

    Pros
    1. Battery life is amazing. I can surf, DAW, edit photos all day on one charge. It's amazing.
    2. Performance is amazing. Even running stuff like Reason through Rosetta2. The DSP meter barely moves.
    3. No fans. It's completely silent.
    4. The screen is fantastic. It also plays HDR YouTube vids. I didn't know it was meant to be able to do that.
    5. The keys are great.
    6. Wifi is really great on it. Far better than my iPad Pro 12.9 inch second gen.

    Negs
    2. Only two USB-C ports and no HDMI. I bought a dongle for that.

    I'm super impressed.

  • @cyberheater
    How many GB of RAM did you get ? Is Reason your man DAW ? your impressions on performance using synth and plugins ?
    Thanks !

  • @joniqwest said:
    @cyberheater
    How many GB of RAM did you get ? Is Reason your man DAW ? your impressions on performance using synth and plugins ?
    Thanks !

    8GB. I don't know what magic Apple did here but it seems to be more than enough.

    Reason used to be my main DAW but I'm converting to Logic Pro X. Performance for both DAWs is amazing. There is some sort of sorcery going on.

  • Wow. Sounds impressive. At this point, my pimped-up 2012 Mac mini clearly owes its life to Native Instruments, as long as they keep delaying M1 and Big Sur compatibility :)

  • @ervin said:
    Wow. Sounds impressive. At this point, my pimped-up 2012 Mac mini clearly owes its life to Native Instruments, as long as they keep delaying M1 and Big Sur compatibility :)

    It'll probably run faster under Rosetta than on the Intel. Big Sur compatibility is a different question though. Is NI still not Big Sur ready?

  • Good to hear ! Are you also using VST/AU plugins in Reason or Reason format effects?

    @cyberheater said:

    @joniqwest said:
    @cyberheater
    How many GB of RAM did you get ? Is Reason your man DAW ? your impressions on performance using synth and plugins ?
    Thanks !

    8GB. I don't know what magic Apple did here but it seems to be more than enough.

    Reason used to be my main DAW but I'm converting to Logic Pro X. Performance for both DAWs is amazing. There is some sort of sorcery going on.

  • @joniqwest said:
    Good to hear ! Are you also using VST/AU plugins in Reason or Reason format effects?

    @cyberheater said:

    @joniqwest said:
    @cyberheater
    How many GB of RAM did you get ? Is Reason your man DAW ? your impressions on performance using synth and plugins ?
    Thanks !

    8GB. I don't know what magic Apple did here but it seems to be more than enough.

    Reason used to be my main DAW but I'm converting to Logic Pro X. Performance for both DAWs is amazing. There is some sort of sorcery going on.

    Mostly VST/AU plugins for Reason and Logic Pro.

  • @NeonSilicon said:

    @ervin said:
    Wow. Sounds impressive. At this point, my pimped-up 2012 Mac mini clearly owes its life to Native Instruments, as long as they keep delaying M1 and Big Sur compatibility :)

    It'll probably run faster under Rosetta than on the Intel. Big Sur compatibility is a different question though. Is NI still not Big Sur ready?

    They have partial answers and all kinds of dynamically evolving lists on their two respective update status pages, which in my practical interpretation means no, not yet.

  • Just to chime in here with the same message - MBA M1 8Gb - is an absolute steal for Logic/Reason/Ableton etc; - also runs Drambo! The dongle thing is a bit annoying but overall its worth it for the silence/heat/raw power available.

  • edited June 9

    Awesome. This makes the M1 MBA sound even better than I first heard.

  • @ervin said:
    Wow. Sounds impressive. At this point, my pimped-up 2012 Mac mini clearly owes its life to Native Instruments, as long as they keep delaying M1 and Big Sur compatibility :)

    I’ve switched from a 2013 MacBook Pro to a M1 MBP, and I’m using Ableton Live with Native Instruments software. The performance and stability is excellent, even with Rosetta 2. The only thing I’m missing is Massive X, but hopefully they’ll get there, eventually.

  • @whiteout said:

    @ervin said:
    Wow. Sounds impressive. At this point, my pimped-up 2012 Mac mini clearly owes its life to Native Instruments, as long as they keep delaying M1 and Big Sur compatibility :)

    I’ve switched from a 2013 MacBook Pro to a M1 MBP, and I’m using Ableton Live with Native Instruments software. The performance and stability is excellent, even with Rosetta 2. The only thing I’m missing is Massive X, but hopefully they’ll get there, eventually.

    Interesting. How much ram did you get?

  • Thanks !

    @cyberheater said:

    @joniqwest said:
    Good to hear ! Are you also using VST/AU plugins in Reason or Reason format effects?

    @cyberheater said:

    @joniqwest said:
    @cyberheater
    How many GB of RAM did you get ? Is Reason your man DAW ? your impressions on performance using synth and plugins ?
    Thanks !

    8GB. I don't know what magic Apple did here but it seems to be more than enough.

    Reason used to be my main DAW but I'm converting to Logic Pro X. Performance for both DAWs is amazing. There is some sort of sorcery going on.

    Mostly VST/AU plugins for Reason and Logic Pro.

  • @auxmux said:

    @whiteout said:

    @ervin said:
    Wow. Sounds impressive. At this point, my pimped-up 2012 Mac mini clearly owes its life to Native Instruments, as long as they keep delaying M1 and Big Sur compatibility :)

    I’ve switched from a 2013 MacBook Pro to a M1 MBP, and I’m using Ableton Live with Native Instruments software. The performance and stability is excellent, even with Rosetta 2. The only thing I’m missing is Massive X, but hopefully they’ll get there, eventually.

    Interesting. How much ram did you get?

    I want to use it for a while, so I went with 16 Gb. Best computer I’ve ever had, even though I didn’t stop using my beloved iPad :smile:

  • @whiteout said:

    @ervin said:
    Wow. Sounds impressive. At this point, my pimped-up 2012 Mac mini clearly owes its life to Native Instruments, as long as they keep delaying M1 and Big Sur compatibility :)

    I’ve switched from a 2013 MacBook Pro to a M1 MBP, and I’m using Ableton Live with Native Instruments software. The performance and stability is excellent, even with Rosetta 2. The only thing I’m missing is Massive X, but hopefully they’ll get there, eventually.

    Thank you, this is useful info. 👍

Sign In or Register to comment.