Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spirangle by Neon Silicon

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1564964830

Description:

Spirangle is a delay. It's actually two delays. The first delay is a three-tap delay. The second delay is a feedback delay. The three taps from the first delay are sent through three independent filters. The three filters are SVF filters with plenty of available resonance and drive. The filters can have stereo separation applied to them. The three taps are individually routed, pre-filter, to the feedback delay mix section. The feedback delay mix section also includes an input which is a sum of the three delay taps taken after the filters. The resulting mix is then sent through the feedback delay. The output of the feedback delay then goes into a stereo effect unit that does LFO driven panning, chopping, tremolo, and left-right ping-pong manipulation to the signal. The output of the effect unit is summed with the input signal and sent back into the cycle.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 14.4
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• ...and Free!! Thanks NeonSilicon! Awesome experimental delay

• And it's free!!!

But I would've bought it anyway ... making some very nice useful apps msr Silicon.

• This is fabulous. Thank you! 👊

• Wow, haven't checked it yet, but can't wait, @NeonSilicon great to have you in the community!

• edited June 2021

Free but "Requires iOS 14.4 or later" :(
    Why @NeonSilicon why?

• Amazing! Will have to check out. I need to remember to use Neon Silicon fx more.

• Randomizers! A bunch of them.
    Intuitive UI, efficient, sounds great.
    Thank you!

• Thank you

• its a great lil plug.
    thanks !!!!

• - All presets

• Just had a couple of minutes playing with it: fantastic! Thank you for this, and all your apps.

• Thanks. Thanks for pda also. Mad.

• OK, this is a wonderful app. It has some of the characteristics of the Icegear apps with a resonator that I love so much--warm and resonant and interesting. For free? Thank you, @NeonSilicon!

• Nice
    Many thanks

• Thanks for all the comments everyone!

@israelite said:
    Why @NeonSilicon why?

The technical side of the answer is that I've moved to using the new UI library I developed that has better support for working on both macOS and iOS. It also tries to enable better use of mouse and keyboard on iPadOS. That should all be doable on 13.4 and above, but the practical side of the answer is that I don't have a device on iOS 13 to test with anymore. I still have some devices on iOS 12, but my newer apps won't run there. And, to make it worse, I can't test with the simulator on 13 anymore because the AU host I use there is currently crashing about half the time.

I'll probably get around to doing some performance tuning and add a couple of features, post WWDC and another thing I'm working on. If I do, I'll try to bring the requirements down to iOS 13 and do a public beta to see if it works.

• Awesome! Thanks a bunch for this. Amazingly free. What a gift!

• Instant download as always!

• @NeonSilicon said:
    Thanks for all the comments everyone!

@israelite said:
    Why @NeonSilicon why?

The technical side of the answer is that I've moved to using the new UI library I developed that has better support for working on both macOS and iOS. It also tries to enable better use of mouse and keyboard on iPadOS. That should all be doable on 13.4 and above, but the practical side of the answer is that I don't have a device on iOS 13 to test with anymore. I still have some devices on iOS 12, but my newer apps won't run there. And, to make it worse, I can't test with the simulator on 13 anymore because the AU host I use there is currently crashing about half the time.

I'll probably get around to doing some performance tuning and add a couple of features, post WWDC and another thing I'm working on. If I do, I'll try to bring the requirements down to iOS 13 and do a public beta to see if it works.

Thank you for this awesome unexpected Gift! With so many paid apps not being updated or not working and/or disappearing from the APP store with no warning~ it’s very refreshing to see such a generous DEV as the world continues to go through its global hardships. My hats off to you with grateful thanks. I will support any APP you make. Many obliged! Cheers, ED

• Awesome!! I love the icon a lot as well

• @NeonSilicon you are so freaking cool. I can’t thank you enough for all the amazing apps you have released for free. Thank you and Cheers!

• @NeonSilicon : randomisers! Yes!!! Playing with it now, immediately getting something cool going via my preferred ‘chimp with a typewriter’ mode. Luvverly! :)

• Damn cool effect...thank you!

• Thanks again for all the nice comments. It's great to know that people are having fun playing with it.

I Just wanted to let everyone know that the macOS version is up on my website now for anyone that likes to migrate projects back and forth between their devices.

@reasOne said:
    Awesome!! I love the icon a lot as well

Thanks! I really like the way this icon turned out too. Graphics and design really isn't in my skill set, so when one of these things works out well it's fun.

• edited June 2021

@Svetlovska said:
    @NeonSilicon : randomisers! Yes!!! Playing with it now, immediately getting something cool going via my preferred ‘chimp with a typewriter’ mode. Luvverly! :)

Yes, I love those little randomizing buttons. Great feature. Would be cool if there was an undo just in case an interesting result went too far. But I am not complaining!

• @NeuM said:

@Svetlovska said:
    @NeonSilicon : randomisers! Yes!!! Playing with it now, immediately getting something cool going via my preferred ‘chimp with a typewriter’ mode. Luvverly! :)

Yes, I love those little randomizing buttons. Great feature. Would be cool if there was an undo just in case an interesting result went too far. But I am not complaining!

Yeah, I've lost a couple of good ones myself. I have thought about how to put an undo button on there. It's easy enough in one way. But, trying to establish a consistent undo system is a bit difficult from a UI/UX standpoint. The issue is all the different ways that a parameter gets set. So, say a random button is pressed and the current state is saved into the undo stack. But, then a user or DAW or MIDI message changes a parameter. Should those changes go on the undo stack? If they do, then it gets more confusing and a sweep of a control could take up either all the undo space or eat up a bunch of RAM. If I make it so that only randomize presses trigger saves to the undo stack, then it could still get confusing with an undo followed by a redo not putting the state back where it's expected to be if some other parameter change happened in between.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I am thinking about it. I'm just not really happy with anything I've come up with as a way to present it UI-wise yet.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@NeuM said:

@Svetlovska said:

Yeah, I've lost a couple of good ones myself. I have thought about how to put an undo button on there. It's easy enough in one way. But, trying to establish a consistent undo system is a bit difficult from a UI/UX standpoint. The issue is all the different ways that a parameter gets set. So, say a random button is pressed and the current state is saved into the undo stack. But, then a user or DAW or MIDI message changes a parameter. Should those changes go on the undo stack? If they do, then it gets more confusing and a sweep of a control could take up either all the undo space or eat up a bunch of RAM. If I make it so that only randomize presses trigger saves to the undo stack, then it could still get confusing with an undo followed by a redo not putting the state back where it's expected to be if some other parameter change happened in between.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I am thinking about it. I'm just not really happy with anything I've come up with as a way to present it UI-wise yet.

Very understandable…

A big thank to you for this nice and free app !
    If I might give a little feedback, my main “complaint” is that I lose focus too easily when dragging the bottom slider : as soon as my finger goes out of the slider area, it gets disconnected, which can be frustrating.

I am on a big iPad Pro 12’9, so I don’t even dare to imagine what it could be on an iPhone 😬

• @Paulo164 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@NeuM said:

@Svetlovska said:

Very understandable…

A big thank to you for this nice and free app !
    If I might give a little feedback, my main “complaint” is that I lose focus too easily when dragging the bottom slider : as soon as my finger goes out of the slider area, it gets disconnected, which can be frustrating.

I am on a big iPad Pro 12’9, so I don’t even dare to imagine what it could be on an iPhone 😬

Yeah, you are right. I guess I've gotten overly comfortable with my own controls for testing. That and I mostly use the detents now. I'll work and refining how the slider responds for an update. It shouldn't be too difficult to fix. Thanks for pointing out the problem!

Until I get a fix out, it might make it a bit easier to use to know that you don't actually have to track in the area of the slider thumb "slot." You can go above that area, so if you start more towards the middle of the whole slider and partially up in the display zone, it may be easier to keep it from dropping out on you. I think that's probably what I've been doing without thinking about it since I wrote the new version of the slider code.

• @NeonSilicon said:
    Thanks again for all the nice comments. It's great to know that people are having fun playing with it.

I Just wanted to let everyone know that the macOS version is up on my website now for anyone that likes to migrate projects back and forth between their devices.

@reasOne said:
    Awesome!! I love the icon a lot as well

Thanks! I really like the way this icon turned out too. Graphics and design really isn't in my skill set, so when one of these things works out well it's fun.

Yup. Dope icon for sure.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@NeuM said:

@Svetlovska said:

Awesome, thanks!