Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Logical", fakebit chiptune eurodance crossover produced in Gadget

For today's musical helping, we have ourselves an older track I decided to rework into a newer track. This track is a crossover between those old fakebit chiptunes and chipper cheesy 90s Eurodance that flirts between C Major and its parallel minor C Minor. This time, 93% produced in Gadget, 5% in Cubasis 3, and 2% TwistedWave. Here's the breakdown of instruments used.

First of all, the silent sidechain trigger is CHat Detroit in Recife. This time, that's the only instance of Recife, because for drums, we have the following: the Kick is Tokyo with some decimation, the Reverse Kick is a recording of Tokyo reversed in Vancouver, and the Melodic Kick is Kamata. The clap and hihat are both Kingston, and that one snare sound is Otorii.

The MidBass is Kamata, and the Subbass is Chiangmai. The Acid Bass in the C Minor section is Chicago.

There are two leads in the C Major section. The lead featuring rapidly shifting octaves is Kingston, and the lead with the (mostly) sixths underneath the main melody is Ebina. The reversed lead is a recording of Kingston and Ebina reversed in TwistedWave and played back in Zurich.

Then we have two pads. The first pad is Montpellier and has some decimation on it. The second pad (which is an octave higher than Montpellier) is Lisbon, also with some decimation on it.

In the C Minor section, the Ding sound is Kingston. Throughout the track is a background synth shifting octaves on the 8th notes. That's Kingston. And the Riser is Kingston.

Of course this track was mastered in Cubasis 3 using the usual suspects of MagicDeathEyeStereo, BarkFilter Tripleband, and TB Barricade.

Comments

• πŸ‘

Reminds me of Bubble Bobble :smile:

• R_2R_2
    edited June 2021

My favorite of your recent Gadget tracks.
    Nice to read the detailed descriptions. How did you do the reverse reverb at 2:25, in Cubasis i assume? :) nevermind: β€œThe reversed lead is a recording of Kingston and Ebina reversed in TwistedWave and played back in Zurich”

• @jolico said:
    πŸ‘

Reminds me of Bubble Bobble :smile:

I used to LOVE that game. That's an awesome compliment. Thank you so much mate. :smiley: (I wonder if there's a version available on the Switch come to think of it. Fuckin hell, there is?! Now to make the decision - finish my Module IAP collection, or get Bubble Bobble 4? Alas, music first, lol.)

@R_2 said:
    My favorite of your recent Gadget tracks.
    Nice to read the detailed descriptions. How did you do the reverse reverb at 2:25, in Cubasis i assume? :) nevermind: β€œThe reversed lead is a recording of Kingston and Ebina reversed in TwistedWave and played back in Zurich”

I'm glad this is your favourite of my Gadget 2 era tracks. ☺️ This one's my current favourite too. It's a combination of experimenting with synthesising (most of the) sounds from scratch in Gadget (save for reversing a couple of them via sampling, the silent CHat Detroit in Recife to trigger sidechain, and a prerecorded sample in Otorii), while packaging it in a pleasing consumer-friendly package (i.e. melody and harmony).

Old man rambling time lol. I remember a couple years ago when I took on a challenge to synthesise all sounds using NS2's Obsidian, and when I took on a challenge to synthesise all sounds using Sunrizer. Despite using different gadgets, synthesising a track from scratch is still a great feeling, even if I did "cheat" with one instance of Otorii and using a sample as a silent SC trigger. :lol:

Got a new neo house track coming up set to E Dorian. Then, I'm probably going to try a challenge: create a track using the limitations of Gadget LE. (I.E. Only three tracks, and I can only use Dublin, Marseille, and/or London. Although, I may expand the track limitation to five as if I owned a Korg controller.)

Okay, enough rambling, lol.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Then, I'm probably going to try a challenge: create a track using the limitations of Gadget LE. (I.E. Only three tracks, and I can only use Dublin, Marseille, and/or London. Although, I may expand the track limitation to five as if I owned a Korg controller.)

Those challenges are always interesting.

@jolico Did a similar thing a while ago by only using Wolfsburg / Kingston for all sounds:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/28072/produced-by-only-using-wolfsburg-synths-in-korg-gadget

• @R_2 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Then, I'm probably going to try a challenge: create a track using the limitations of Gadget LE. (I.E. Only three tracks, and I can only use Dublin, Marseille, and/or London. Although, I may expand the track limitation to five as if I owned a Korg controller.)

Those challenges are always interesting.

@jolico Did a similar thing a while ago by only using Wolfsburg / Kingston for all sounds:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/28072/produced-by-only-using-wolfsburg-synths-in-korg-gadget

Bloody ripper track! I love the way this sounds. :)

Yep, these challenges are always fun. Especially limiting how many tracks I use (since sometimes I can use upwards to 20+ tracks in gadget). It forces me to be more musical and fall back on my music theory roots.

• Really cool track. Like how much you have been rockin' on Gadget :love:

• @senhorlampada said:
    Really cool track. Like how much you have been rockin' on Gadget :love:

Thanks mate. :) Yeah, Gadget 2 has been so amazing to me. Got another track coming right up. I just...need to name the damn thing. :lol:

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@senhorlampada said:

Thanks mate. :) Yeah, Gadget 2 has been so amazing to me. Got another track coming right up. I just...need to name the damn thing. :lol:

Just use the random name that Gadget generates. :smile:

• @jolico said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@senhorlampada said:

Just use the random name that Gadget generates. :smile:

Or mix and match the names from gadget, figure, groovebox and blocs wave :lol:

• @jolico @senhorlampada LOL! I just came up with the laziest title I could think of, lol.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/45455/another-neo-90s-house-track-produced-in-gadget-mastered-in-cubasis-3#latest

I didn't want to name it "Slick", but :lol: fuck it. Whatever. It's a bit of a throwaway track.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    @jolico @senhorlampada LOL! I just came up with the laziest title I could think of, lol.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/45455/another-neo-90s-house-track-produced-in-gadget-mastered-in-cubasis-3#latest

I didn't want to name it "Slick", but :lol: fuck it. Whatever. It's a bit of a throwaway track.

Slick sounds pretty slick.

• @jolico said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    @jolico @senhorlampada LOL! I just came up with the laziest title I could think of, lol.

Slick sounds pretty slick.

Thank you. Omg, my next track is so wackadoodle, you'd think I gone insane. πŸ€ͺ