Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FabFilter Timeless 3 - download 169 presets

Until the FabFilter folks get their act together to support proper preset export/import on iOS, I created a couple of AUM presets for Timeless 3 inspired from various other delays. (Actually, what I had been wishing for was to be able to load up the original presets from Timeless and Timeless 2.)

To install: unzip the attached Zip file and move the 466...66 directory to under 'On My iPad' -> 'AUM' -> 'Audio Unit Presets'.
To use: on the 'Timeless 3' plugin window in AUM, open the hamburger menu (upper left corner, 4th icon from the left).
Once you have saved a preset within Timeless 3 you can subsequently use it in other hosts as well.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Thanks Tim!!!

• Cheers Tim great stuff.

• Really great, and I've only been throufh the first ten or so so far, thanks a lot for sharing @Tim6502

• Much appreciated.........

• Thanks @onerez, @rtkeeling, @Jumpercollins, @Gavinski, and @duncank!

These patches are inspired from presets found in more than a half dozen delay apps. Thus I claim neither originality nor faithfulness in reproduction. I would merely observe that Timeless 3 is an amazing and deep product, with which it is easy to quickly whip up and emulate all kinds of interesting time-based sound effects - and still I have mostly stayed on the surface!

• Thank you @Tim6502! I’m curious: what do the two-letter prefixes mean? Is it the app that inspired the preset?

• edited May 2021

@NoiseFloored said:
    Thank you @Tim6502! I’m curious: what do the two-letter prefixes mean? Is it the app that inspired the preset?

Yes, since there are different approaches and capabilities for each app, it appeared to make sense to keep things together by name. And if you are using one of the original apps you will no doubt recognize the copies. Though there is no claim that you will find an actual full reproduction in here.

Of note: a number of presets are best used in an Aux channel (typically when the MIX is fully wet) - so one way to check out many presets in sequence would be to dial down the MIX slider from 100% to, say, 80% (or whatever is preferred) and then use the lock icon next to MIX to lock the ratio into place when auditioning subsequent presets.

• Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks Tim. These are great sound, highly usable patches.

• @Tim6502 said:

@NoiseFloored said:
    Thank you @Tim6502! I’m curious: what do the two-letter prefixes mean? Is it the app that inspired the preset?

Yes, since there are different approaches and capabilities for each app, it appeared to make sense to keep things together by name. And if you are using one of the original apps you will no doubt recognize the copies. Though there is no claim that you will find an actual full reproduction in here.

Of note: a number of presets are best used in an Aux channel (typically when the MIX is fully wet) - so one way to check out many presets in sequence would be to dial down the MIX slider from 100% to, say, 80% (or whatever is preferred) and then use the lock icon next to MIX to lock the ratio into place when auditioning subsequent presets.

I did indeed notice some of the names sounded familiar, I was getting those Bleass vibes near the start, but missed the link to the naming convention, that makes sense now

• @Tim6502 These are very useful thanks, in their own right but also as starting points for experimentation.

• @Gavinski said:

@Tim6502 said:

@NoiseFloored said:

I did indeed notice some of the names sounded familiar, I was getting those Bleass vibes near the start, but missed the link to the naming convention, that makes sense now

@Tim6502 thanks! And same, the Kessel Run preset name seemed familiar

• Thanks @Tim6502 ! Presets are a great learning source and sometimes the best window for further exploration 👍🏻

• Great achievement mr @Tim6502 !!! Thanks from Sweden!

• Thanks very much!!

• I got them by now too. Thank you. Very very much! Deeply appreciated 👊🏼😀

• Hi! I’m trying to access the presets but it’s not working for me. I downloaded, unzipped, renamed the folder to “AB_timeless”, and then copied the folder into my “on my iPad”/AUM/“audio unit presets” directory. Then opened a fresh AUM session, added perfect piano as source, added timeless 3 in fx chain, opened timeless 3, and clicked on the hamburger icon in upper left of timeless window. I see one AUM preset I saved out of Timeless but I do not see the folder. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Very excited to try these!

• @stown said:
    Hi! I’m trying to access the presets but it’s not working for me. I downloaded, unzipped, renamed the folder to “AB_timeless”, and then copied the folder into my “on my iPad”/AUM/“audio unit presets” directory. Then opened a fresh AUM session, added perfect piano as source, added timeless 3 in fx chain, opened timeless 3, and clicked on the hamburger icon in upper left of timeless window. I see one AUM preset I saved out of Timeless but I do not see the folder. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Very excited to try these!

If you already have made AUM presets for Timeless 3, then moving the directory 466162464633547361756D66 to under:

'On My iPad' -> 'AUM' -> 'Audio Unit Presets'

will not work any longer. Instead, you will find that a new directory '466162464633547361756D66 2' was created from what you had moved.
    In this case, go into the 466162464633547361756D66 directory that is created by unzipping, 'Select All' 169 *.aum_aupreset files, and then move them directly to:

'On My iPad' -> 'AUM' -> 'Audio Unit Presets' -> '466162464633547361756D66'

The bottom line is that the directory 466162464633547361756D66 must exist in 'Audio Unit Presets' and must contain the Timeless 3 presets for AUM to find them.

• Thank you! Got it working with your help!

• Is there any difference between the desktop versions and the iOS ones?

• Amazing! Thanks for sharing 👊🏼™️

• @oat_phipps said:
    None

Thanks man!

• Amazing! Thanks for sharing 👊🏼™️

• Your formidable endeavor and your amiable largesse are both very much appreciated.

In other words, thanks, Tim!

• So..They added preset sharing for all the fabfilter apps now...where’s all the sick patches at?!

• @Tim6502 or anyone else….. is there a way to batch process save these all in timeless as to be able to go in another DAW besides AUM?? Or is it one by one saving??

• Does someone know if the FF summer sale includes iOS products also

• @david_2017 yes it does. 25% off

@Tim6502 I notice the latest update for Timeless3 includes preset sharing and import Preset folder commands. Wondering if this will make it easier to load these presets now and load them into Timeless3 rather than AUM presets.

Thanks for the presets btw....