Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Black Notes in iOS Swam instruments

Hello all, I’ve just acquired a Roli Seaboard Block and have purchased the Swam Trumpets and others for my iPad. I’m being really stupid but I can’t find a way to set or change the key, and it’s stuck in C. When I try an play black notes, they are getting mapped to the white ones in C Major. In the Roli Noise app, all notes play, including the black ones, so I know it isn’t the Seaboard. In the Swam app, I can play the black notes using the on screen keyboard, so I don’t think it is the app - or rather, it is probably an obvious setting I can’t see. The only change I’m making is setting the MIDI Preset to the Seaboard default.
What am I missing? I bet it is staring me in the face, but I can’t see it! Thank you!

Comments

• Don’t have a real answer... but you may need to adjust setting in a laptop or desktop.

• My Seaboard plays the black notes in the trumpet app ok, using the Seaboard Midi setting and also the default setting. I can’t think what it might be but it may be worth having a look at ROLI Dashboard on a desktop?
    You’d think if it was triggering ok in Noise it would behave the same for any app though.

• Don't forget there is a 3rd party app called Block Dashboard you can use on your ipad too: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/block-dashboard/id1469611330

• @alanph said:
    Hello all, I’ve just acquired a Roli Seaboard Block and have purchased the Swam Trumpets and others for my iPad. I’m being really stupid but I can’t find a way to set or change the key, and it’s stuck in C. When I try an play black notes, they are getting mapped to the white ones in C Major. In the Roli Noise app, all notes play, including the black ones, so I know it isn’t the Seaboard. In the Swam app, I can play the black notes using the on screen keyboard, so I don’t think it is the app - or rather, it is probably an obvious setting I can’t see. The only change I’m making is setting the MIDI Preset to the Seaboard default.
    What am I missing? I bet it is staring me in the face, but I can’t see it! Thank you!

Look at the MIDI being sent with a MIDI monitor to see what your device is sending out.

• Hi, thank you all for your suggestions,especially @espiegel123. It is now fixed. Using MIDIWrench, I could see two notes being sent, one (black) note and an octave higher, the in-the-key-of-C corresponding note. I’m not sure what I had to do, but I installed the Roli software on my Mac, changed the mode from MPE to Multi to see the different settings,and now back again, and it is working perfectly. Ta again and happy playing.