Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammerhead Bram Bos

Comments

• @Samu said:
    Two more days to go, this'll be loads of fun! :)
    (A lot more fun that Behringers 'Brains' which is a 'clone' of the Mutable Instruments Plaits module with an added oscilloscope and USB port).

In the clip there's automation of decay and sample-start, restart, flam etc. me like those features!
    Maybe there's even more automation parameters (reverse for samples?) and automation of the synthesis parameters?

I'm pretty sure @brambos will keep on reading us until it's available on the AppStore :D

Cheers!

Hells Yea! automation on the flam sounds lovely.

• I need dancing Totoro

• Happy Hammerhead Eve :wink:

• Man I've gone from totally ambivalent to rabidly refreshing my app store, just to check if it's miraculously been released early. Can't wait.

• Do we have any clues yet about what time it'll drop tomorrow?

• Hammerhead O'Clock

Whatever time it drops will be referred to as Hammerhead O'Clock from that point onwards

• https://ruismaker.com/hammerhead/

Time to dig into the manuals and stuff :D

• Better release earlier before behringer releases screwdriverhead 😂

• Looks a lot of fun from a brief manual scan

• Looking good from the manual.
    I’m just wondering though (and hoping). In the pattern selection mode other than manual - sequence and random -
    Will it be possible to set the amount of times that the pattern will play before moving to the next one?

• Yepp, Just scanned thru the manual and it'll be a blast!

The sample-start apparently chops the sample to 8(not 16?!) slices or something...
    ...and it's got a lovely 'tape style' stretching when setting the sample length which I'm a huge fan of!

Also I could not see anything about reverse playback of samples?
    (That could already be on the way, but I have no clues about that).

The drum synth seems to be pretty capable as well and that's no surprise considering how nice Ruismaker & Ruismaker FM are.
    I've always missed a 'Rise' in addition to the existing 'Drop' though...

Even though FAC Drumkit just dropped I do feel HammerHead will get more mileage from me just like the Ruismakers have been getting lately...

Recording AUParamter tweaks to a sequencer will kick things up a notch!

It's going to be a looooong day :D

• This does look fun, can the sequencer do polyrhythms?

• @Carnbot said:
    This does look fun, can the sequencer do polyrhythms?

Polyrhythms and polymeters, configurable per channel :)

• @brambos said:

@Carnbot said:
    This does look fun, can the sequencer do polyrhythms?

Polyrhythms and polymeters, configurable per channel :)

nice :) Looking forward to this.

• how many patterns built in?

• @brambos can you set the amount of times a pattern will play before it moves on to the next one?

• @brambos does it feel weird for you to release Hammerhead now with all this awareness and all these expectations compared to when you originally released Hammerhead, I presume with little or no expectations? It’s got to feel strange a little bit to go so far back to go forward..

• From what I've learned over the years @brambos is an expert in striking the balance between usability and tweak-ability while still maintaining high high usability which is very rare but appreciated.

The classic Ruismaker Bro's are still among my favorites even though I initially had some complaints about not being able to tweak everything.

I suspect this will be the case with HammerHead as well!

Sure a 'reverse' option for sample-playback could be nice and more granular sample-start (16 chops, one for each 16th note?) but I guess being too controlfreakish takes away some of the 'happy accidents' :)

Cheers!

• @NoiseHorse said:
    @brambos does it feel weird for you to release Hammerhead now with all this awareness and all these expectations compared to when you originally released Hammerhead, I presume with little or no expectations? It’s got to feel strange a little bit to go so far back to go forward..

Yes, but it is also guiding in my design decisions. HH is not about having an expansive feature set, but about deciding on a minimum (and therefore easy to master) set of functionality and making it come together very tightly in a way that is fun and useful.

For me it is very important that the new HH is still be easy and gratifying to explore and use for people who have never touched a drumcomputer before. After all, that was what made the original so popular; not its feature set :)

That's why it's a bit premature to already discuss presence/absence and implementation of features before having actually used it, because a lot of design/product decisions are based on this "fluidity" and pleasure of use. Every feature had to earn its pixel real estate :)

• Anything that plays back samples should have a reverse play option.

• edited June 2021

@anickt said:
    Anything that plays back samples should have a reverse play option.

actually ‘pingpong’ would be my shout :)
    ( but i would probably use koala or summink to make the samples beforehand.. )

• @RockySmalls said:

@anickt said:

With reverse playback being per step you could do ping pong right in the app. My old hardware Yamaha RX-5 did this. That was my favorite hardware drum machine.

• @anickt said:

@RockySmalls said:

@anickt said:

With reverse playback being per step you could do ping pong right in the app. My old hardware Yamaha RX-5 did this. That was my favorite hardware drum machine.

i am definitely FOR reverse ... especially as an IAP on Time itself :)

• @RockySmalls said:

@anickt said:

@RockySmalls said:

@anickt said:

i am definitely FOR reverse ... especially as an IAP on Time itself :)

😎👍🏼

Looking forward to Thursday either way. 😆

• Ha, it never ends... The app hasn't even released and the scrum on missing features has commenced! Huzzah!

I love how Bram thinks about using the app and getting in the flow; all of his apps have that quality of understanding how a musician PLAYS and so even though I have no knowledge of the original HH, I am greatly looking forward to playing with the iOS version.

• Deffo into sample reverse per step, and I can’t figure out if the drum synth stuff can be used with samples or just the oscillators...

• “Boldly going forward, 'cause we can't find reverse”

• IT NEEDS REVERSE

It’s not even out yet, y’all. I dunno if I could put up with this forum if I was developer. I see its potential for user input, but I also see that privilege abused at every opportunity.

• We don’t need reverse.

We don’t want it to go foop foop foop foop.

We want it to go Boom Boom Boom foopBoom… oh wait 🤔

• @jolico said:
    We don’t need reverse.

We don’t want it to go foop foop foop foop.

We want it to go Boom Boom Boom foopBoom… oh wait 🤔

Surely that should read moob moob moob moob, and definitely don't want any of those :D