Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammerhead Bram Bos

Comments

• @brambos said:
    Thursday 17th.

Surely it’s got to be Thursday 17th somewhere in the universe right now.

• edited June 2021

@ChrisG said:
    I loved the OG Hammerhead back in the day. I think I was still using FastTracker II but as more and more virtual instruments/synths/grooveboxes started appearing, I slowly transitioned over to Cakewalk.

Touché! And I was also using ACID, not the drug… the loop program 😆

• Making acid on ACID high on acid is the way to live

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Making acid on ACID high on acid is the way to live

ahh the lost years of the late nineties :smiley:

• @Fingolfinzz said:

Lmaooooooo

• @Krupa said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

Yessir, the beginning of the bedroom producer.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@Krupa said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

I was producing (music) in my bedroom in the early 80’s… 😂

• @anickt said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Krupa said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

Oh wow 😮

• edited June 2021

Late 90’s: Laptops were what iPads are now when it comes to music production. The hardware guys were questioning the legitimacy of laptops for making music. 😂 Plugins were in their infancy. My favorite plugin was Synth1 (image below), a freebie which was supposed to be a Nord Lead emulation. Mr. Ray was a free Rhodes plugin. Fruity Loops was freeware. MPCs were everywhere. Apple didn’t own Logic yet. Rebirth, Recycle and Reason were groundbreaking. I remember playing with the “Amen Break” in Hammerhead.

• @anickt said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Krupa said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

I have recordings of music I did with friends on a 4 track reel to reel in a bedroom in the late 70s. In fact one track used the bed whacked with the thick end of a drumstick as the bass drum...

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:

@anickt said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Krupa said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

I have recordings of music I did with friends on a 4 track reel to reel in a bedroom in the late 70s. In fact one track used the bed whacked with the thick end of a drumstick as the bass drum...

It was about 1987 for me. Started with a Casio CZ3000, Yamaha QX-21 and RX-21, Yamaha FB-01 and then a Roland MT-32. All the “cheap” stuff :-)

• @klownshed said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@anickt said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Krupa said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

It was about 1987 for me. Started with a Casio CZ3000, Yamaha QX-21 and RX-21, Yamaha FB-01 and then a Roland MT-32. All the “cheap” stuff :-)

Similar time for me, old micromoog and a terrible Yamaha pss thing, soon replaced by knackered valve pa and Gibson copies (sg and les Paul), then on to Amigas with trackers, followed by windows PC and daws, then back to basics after that got too complex and boring...

• Money waiting to be spent

• Insta buy for me as all your apps. Can't wait!

• Two more days to go, this'll be loads of fun! :)
    (A lot more fun that Behringers 'Brains' which is a 'clone' of the Mutable Instruments Plaits module with an added oscilloscope and USB port).

In the clip there's automation of decay and sample-start, restart, flam etc. me like those features!
    Maybe there's even more automation parameters (reverse for samples?) and automation of the synthesis parameters?

I'm pretty sure @brambos will keep on reading us until it's available on the AppStore :D

Cheers!

• Looks and sounds awesome, @brambos
    Ready to dig in

• Heck, if it can make Totoro dance, then it is def for me!!

• edited June 2021

Here you go @brambos since you said you were learning Japanese. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Memorize: Learn Japanese Words is Free usually $4.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/memorize-learn-japanese-words/id1505764504

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Late 90’s: Laptops were what iPads are now when it comes to music production. The hardware guys were questioning the legitimacy of laptops for making music. 😂 Plugins were in their infancy. My favorite plugin was Synth1 (image below), a freebie which was supposed to be a Nord Lead emulation. Mr. Ray was a free Rhodes plugin. Fruity Loops was freeware. MPCs were everywhere. Apple didn’t own Logic yet. Rebirth, Recycle and Reason were groundbreaking. I remember playing with the “Amen Break” in Hammerhead.

Synth 1 still rules the freebie VST realm (with a few others) I think there are 7,000 free presets to be found on the web…

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Here you go @brambos since you said you were learning Japanese. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Oh that’s really nice! Thanks!

• @Poppadocrock said:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/memorize-learn-japanese-words/id1505764504

Cool! Thanks as well!

• @Stuntman_mike said:

Best free VST for Windows bar none.

• @craftycurate said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

Offtopic but would be cool if this was ported to iOS.

• edited June 2021

@auxmux said:

@craftycurate said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

The developer had plans to port to iOS, but then went silent. 😣

“Toda announced on October 28, 2012 that he intended to release an iPhone/iPad version of Synth 1 "by the Spring of next year", although there have been no version updates or blog posts since”
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synth1

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@auxmux said:

@craftycurate said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

The developer had plans to port to iOS, but then went silent. 😣

“Toda announced on October 28, 2012 that he intended to release an iPhone/iPad version of Synth 1 "by the Spring of next year", although there have been no version updates or blog posts since”
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synth1

Oh wow! Someday! Maybe... Back to Hammerhead. Waiting for Shark Day Thursday.