Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammerhead Bram Bos

Comments

• Does it have AR909 emulation for when beats need to be unusable due to timing issues?

• @jolico said:
    Does it have AR909 emulation for when beats need to be unusable due to timing issues?

Harsh. I approve 🤣

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@jolico said:
    Does it have AR909 emulation for when beats need to be unusable due to timing issues?

Harsh. I approve 🤣

+1

• Wow, that design looks fantastic. Superrrrr excited to buy this the second it comes out

• @brambos said:

Some beautiful design work right there!

• OK, I'll ask.
    WHENWHENWHEN

• If there is one thing I definitely don’t need any more of it’s drum machines.

So I’ll obviously be buying Hammerhead…

• O Lord please forgive me. I cannot help myself.

• Thursday 17th.

• @brambos said:
    Thursday 17th.

Hey Siri. Put me in a coma and wake me up on the 17th.

• Hmm, so ho many Appstore credits should we reserve for this beauty? :sunglasses:

• Just noted that the thread title is somewhat amusing - I don't know you personally @brambos but I just can't imagine you're a hammerhead 😄

• Wow, official date, can't wait.

• @wim :lol: Oh boy :lol:

Btw, i'm throwing money at my screen and nothing is happening. What gives?

And also... for you phone users (@Krupa)... you guys are using your phone wrong. This is the way:

• @senhorlampada said:
    @wim :lol: Oh boy :lol:

And also... for you phone users (@Krupa)... you guys are using your phone wrong. This is the way:

Only if AUM gets landscape view on iPhone.

• @senhorlampada said:
    @wim :lol: Oh boy :lol:

Ok, I’m in 😄

• @brambos said:
    Thursday 17th.

Thanks Bram. I’m Pumped.

• @brambos Kanji? You working out of Japan or are you studying?

@wim "Catchy" I also love how the grandma and grandpa sharks are intimated to have no teeth.

• @audiblevideo said:
    @brambos Kanji? You working out of Japan or are you studying?

I am actually (casually) learning Japanese, but that magazine in the background is a review of the original Hammerhead in DTM magazine from 1997 (I’ve kept most ‘hardcopy’ reviews I could find from those days). :)

• I never even considered this. Did you do the translations on Mononoke yourself?

• @PeteSasqwax said:
    I never even considered this. Did you do the translations on Mononoke yourself?

Yeah, with a little help of Google Translate to verify. It’s katakana so it’s almost phonetically translated from English

• @brambos said:

@audiblevideo said:

I am actually (casually) learning Japanese, but that magazine in the background is a review of the original Hammerhead in DTM magazine from 1997 (I’ve kept most ‘hardcopy’ reviews I could find from those days). :)

I've gotten on this weird (for me) Japanese Anime kick lately and it's making me love and want to learn Japanese. I almost think I'm beginning to understand some of it before the subtitles come up. I always loved the writing too.

• @wim said:

@brambos said:

@audiblevideo said:

I've gotten on this weird (for me) Japanese Anime kick lately and it's making me love and want to learn Japanese. I almost think I'm beginning to understand some of it before the subtitles come up. I always loved the writing too.

First you learn reading Hiragana, and you get pretty smug about yourself thinking you've mastered something really hard. Then you discover it's actually pretty useless unless you also learn Katakana. And once you've got that covered they tell you that Kanji is pretty much essential and there's enough of them to keep you learning for the rest of your life :D

• @wim one of the only words you need to know for anime

Baka (馬鹿, ばか in hiragana, or バカ in katakana) means "fool", or (as an adjectival noun) "foolish" and is the most frequently used pejorative term in the Japanese language

Used in every romantic or cataclysmic world ending event. Both of which often occur simultaneously in anime.

@brambos very cool. I’ve toyed with doing the same but I have too much to get through with web design/GIS/programming and music fun. I’ll stick with non dubbed anime for learning a limited verbal vocabulary.

• Ahh, the 17th! I guess I can stop checking the App Store every morning when I wake up and every night before bed to see if this has dropped yet!

• edited June 2021

@audiblevideo I prefer Bakayaro :)

馬鹿野郎

That's the one you need to know if you enjoy watching Takeshi Kitano yakuza movies from the 80s/90s.

• Takeshi Kitano cannot be Beat 👀 (sorry)

• If I had pulled that date out of a hat I would have been happy with it.
    There have been so many drum machines released on iOS and many of these times I have thought ‘this is it!... this will be the one I need, it’s the one I’ve been waiting for!’ .... but then it’s fallen a bit short. This time I’m almost totally certain 😃

• @robosardine said:
    If I had pulled that date out of a hat I would have been happy with it.
    There have been so many drum machines released on iOS and many of these times I have thought ‘this is it!... this will be the one I need, it’s the one I’ve been waiting for!’ .... but then it’s fallen a bit short. This time I’m almost totally certain 😃

Careful with those expectations. I believe this is meant more as a fun and nostalgic app, not as the ultimate drum machine.

• @wim said:

@robosardine said:
    If I had pulled that date out of a hat I would have been happy with it.

Careful with those expectations. I believe this is meant more as a fun and nostalgic app, not as the ultimate drum machine.

Yeah, I’m gettin major nostalgia fix vibes with this, a nice victory lap. Fair enough in my book.