Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FabFilter Timeless 3 by FabFilter - Released

123457»

Comments

• @bangzero said:

@celtic_elk said:
    Max sync increment is a half-note; you can get that up to a whole-note using the offset control at max, and you can use the L/R offset on top of that to get up to 4 bars in one channel. Max unsynced delay time is 5s.

oops. missed this somehow, which answers my question. big thanks @celtic_elk. so, max 1 bar stereo, 4 bars mono. that's awkward for long loopy stuff. many other reasons to like Timeless 3 though.

Yeah, it’s not as long as you like, but I have some specifically designed Fripp-esque presets and they sound beautiful in it. If you get it, let me know and I’ll export them to you.

• Fripp would love Jonatans AU3FX:Dub

• edited November 2021

@david_2017 said:
    Fripp would love Jonatans AU3FX:Dub

Speaking of I just randomly clicked other apps in AUM and Aufx: Push audio unit version showed up! I guess my timing was perfect, because I haven’t even seen a release thread yet here. Spooky! And bought.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Yeah, it’s not as long as you like, but I have some specifically designed Fripp-esque presets and they sound beautiful in it. If you get it, let me know and I’ll export them to you.

i'm in. would love any Frippy bits.

@david_2017 said:
    Fripp would love Jonatans AU3FX:Dub

what is it's highest sync'd delay time? the old one maxed out at 1 bar.

• I have to admit, I don’t usually associate "Frippertronics" with synced delays (or with punch-in loopers, which I ran into elsewhere on the Web recently). Isn’t Fripp generally working with long delay lines, emulating tape loops?

• @celtic_elk said:
    I have to admit, I don’t usually associate "Frippertronics" with synced delays (or with punch-in loopers, which I ran into elsewhere on the Web recently). Isn’t Fripp generally working with long delay lines, emulating tape loops?

Yes

• fwiw, it seems that 5 seconds is the maximum delay time in Timeless 3 regardless of sync.

i'm playing long, evolving echoes over slow, rhythmic ambient backing grooves. so not quite like Frippertronics. closer to Eno's loopy generative stuff maybe.

• Reading through the posts here and wondering if most see this as the best filter delay on ios?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    So, I’ve watched some videos and it seems pretty cool but i haven’t seen anything that has set my hair on fire. What’s got everybody so excited with this delay?

For me, the killer feature of T3 (and T2 before it) is the ability to 'play' the linked filters. AD's Filterstation 2 also does this. However, T3 takes it to a whole new level, with more nodes and more flexibility. Just set the repeats going, and select which of the nodes you wanna manipulate. Tthen take the resulting, unruly resonances right to the brink of dub-induced driver death, before bringing it all back to some semblance of sanity...or not ;)

If you want to try it, take the desktop version for a spin.

• @el_bo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    So, I’ve watched some videos and it seems pretty cool but i haven’t seen anything that has set my hair on fire. What’s got everybody so excited with this delay?

For me, the killer feature of T3 (and T2 before it) is the ability to 'play' the linked filters. AD's Filterstation 2 also does this. However, T3 takes it to a whole new level, with more nodes and more flexibility. Just set the repeats going, and select which of the nodes you wanna manipulate. Tthen take the resulting, unruly resonances right to the brink of dub-induced driver death, before bringing it all back to some semblance of sanity...or not ;)

Thanks for the reply. I have FS2 and enjoy it a lot so I like the sound of what you are saying and sounds like it would definitely fit my setup.

Will dig laptop out and have a look, thanks for the tip :)

• @muzka said:

@el_bo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Thanks for the reply. I have FS2 and enjoy it a lot so I like the sound of what you are saying and sounds like it would definitely fit my setup.

Will dig laptop out and have a look, thanks for the tip :)

Ah! So I hit two 'birds' with one stone, with that reply ;) Have fun with it!

• @el_bo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Cool, thanks. Any videos that show this in action?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@el_bo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

The introduction video from FF by Dan Worall:

His own channel has plenty of interest, look for the 0 LUFS video 😂

• @MadGav said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@el_bo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Much obliged

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@el_bo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Actually, nobody seems to be really showing it.

Here's a basic idea within Timeless 2:

Now, here's a video showing the filters in T3 (From 7:00). Though there isn't a physical link icon, you just need to set the basic relation ships between the filters, then click whichever nodes you wish to move and contort. Selecting all of them allows you to move the whole shape around the X/Y, Freq/Res space.

Even if it weren't for this feature, the EQ/filter section has to be the most tricked-out I've seen

Perhaps I'll get a moment to knock together a screen recording, or at least an audio demo ;)

• @MadGav said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@el_bo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Great video, but does it show the linking of the filters?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Just recorded a little clip for ya. Obviously you can get crazy extreme with MOAR filters and MOOAARRR feedback, but this is just a proof-of-concept. Just make sure to alway have a limiter at-hand, just in case ;)

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/684984071

• @el_bo said:

@MadGav said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@el_bo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

I failed to note the specific of what was requested, so very likely not!

• @MadGav said:

@el_bo said:

@MadGav said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@el_bo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

I failed to note the specific of what was requested, so very likely not!

Thanks!

It was one of the many videos I skimmed looking for it. I only asked because I could've easily missed it ;)

• @el_bo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Just recorded a little clip for ya. Obviously you can get crazy extreme with MOAR filters and MOOAARRR feedback, but this is just a proof-of-concept. Just make sure to alway have a limiter at-hand, just in case ;)

And that sweeping motion can be automated, which is even cooler.

• @NeuM said:

@el_bo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Do you mean via the host or internally?

• @el_bo said:

@NeuM said:

@el_bo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

In the app.

• @NeuM said:

@el_bo said:

@NeuM said:

@el_bo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

In the app.

Cool! I’m only a few days into demoing, so still have a lot to work out. Although I am curious what the advantages of doing it internally vs in the host.

• Great achievement from FF - great winner on NAMM2022!

• It is such a great plugin. That and volcano were probably my favorite two effects I bought recently