Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FabFilter Timeless 3 by FabFilter - Released

Comments

• edited May 2021

"Pro bundle" (7 pieces) is in the AppStore.

If the Twin 2 and Volcano 2 (which are already available for iOS in Auria) appear as standalone version in the AppStore, then the second "Creative bundle" (4 pieces) containing: Saturn 2, Timeless 3, Twin 2 and Volcano 2 could be appear too.

Just one pluging - Simplon - is missing on iOS platform to Fabfilter could offer "Total bundle" (14 pieces). The last two plugins are available in Auria as well: Micro and One.

• @dakti said:
    "Pro bundle" (7 pieces) is in the AppStore.

If the Twin 2 and Volcano 2 (which are already available for iOS in Auria) appear as standalone version in the AppStore, then the second "Creative bundle" (4 pieces) containing: Saturn 2, Timeless 3, Twin 2 and Volcano 2 could be appear too.

Just one pluging - Simplon - is missing on iOS platform to Fabfilter could offer "Total bundle" (14 pieces). The last two plugins are available in Auria as well: Micro and One.

I can't see the Creative Bundle :(

• _ki_ki
    edited May 2021

@Samu said:

I just rephrase what @dakti said: FabFilter can’t offer the ‚Createive Bundle’ like on Desktop, because Twin 2 and Volcano 2 are not yet available as AUv3 on IOS. Both are ported and running as native Auria Pro plugins since years. So we just have to wait :)

• @_ki said:

@Samu said:

That‘s because Twin 2 and Volcano 2 are not yet available as AUv3 on IOS - both are ported and running as native Auria Pro plugins since years. So we just have to wait :)

Hope they will drop soon then, FabFilter One would be a nice starter, the filter is very, very nice :)

• I would think that they are planning to make Twin 3 and Volcano 3 before porting them...

• @Carnbot said:
    I would think that they are planning to make Twin 3 and Volcano 3 before porting them...

That would make perfect sense...

• Bought for pc some weeks ago. Nice interface but it sounds too clean for my taste. Surgical.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Bought for pc some weeks ago. Nice interface but it sounds too clean for my taste. Surgical.

Take a trip to Saturn…

• @gusgranite said:
    OK, I’m gonna say it. I think the UI is a bit fiddly and could have been clearer... It’s so unusual to be criticizing FabFilter for their UI but i think the buttons are a bit cramped, the sliders a bit short and the text a bit too small.

Sounds great though, of course.

Yep, I grabbed it (obviously) but I concur, it could do with some optimisation even on a recent iPad Pro.

This is making dipping into Auria progressively more obsolete for my needs.

• Just grabbed it myself finally, this thing is nuts

• Holy crap I’m 2 or 3 days late to the party! Totally missed this on the front page. On the plus side, no more waiting!

• This is my jam. Have to get used to some of the changes, but overall it’s awesome. I do think they made too big of a focus on the number of taps instead of the filter section, but that’s probably just me not having adjusted yet.

• Do you guys know if is it recommended updating to iPadOS 14.6?
    I’m getting some huge DSP spikes on an iPad Pro 2017 running iPadOS 14.4.2

• I've got a 2018 standard ipad and the CPU load is so high on these fabfilter plugins, they're basically usable. Amazing apps though, literally the only things that's made me considering upgrading to a pro.

• @sharifkerbage said:
    Do you guys know if is it recommended updating to iPadOS 14.6?

I have small CPU jumps on the same device (iOS 13.6.1) ... when Timeless 3 receives audio, the CPU in AUM jumps about 10-15% but then it immediately settles back down.

• Just got this for the desktop and I’m blown away! This is my favorite delay by far. Highly recommended.

• @sharifkerbage said:
    Do you guys know if is it recommended updating to iPadOS 14.6?

No issue so far for me

• Fabfilter Timeless 3 - wow!

What a joy to use!!

Sounds incredible good - desktop quality!

Seems to be a bright future for the iPad music creation community!

• Picked it up yesterday. Pretty impressed some great features. I wish we could alter the GUI background colour to a lighter one apart from that highly recommended. I don't mind paying these sort of prices for desktop quality plugins on iOS hopefully we see the market open up to to more desktop music app developers porting to iOS now we have the new M1 Pro ipads.

• The GUI is quite fiddly at times, and there doesn't seem to be any IOS manual or iOS section in the desktop manual to help us understand iOS specific operation.

• @McD said:
    I think the only thing that gets you close to the genius of Valhalla products is the Eos 2 reverb which uses some of his code, I believe. I bought Valhalla Delay and never use my Mac for music. I prefer fingering my apps. The mice gave me car pool tunnel syndrome.

Nice, I need to checkout Eos again, been a long time.

Lmao @ carpool syndrome!

• Finally got hold of this. Have just had time to go through the presets so far, but wow….very varied and some super experimental capabilities.
    This is a 1-minute run through some of the most interesting, for me, presets, but there are literally tons.

• @Gavinski said:
    Finally got hold of this. Have just had time to go through the presets so far, but wow….very varied and some super experimental capabilities.
    This is a 1-minute run through some of the most interesting, for me, presets, but there are literally tons.

A very interesting effect - is there going to be a tutorial...😁

• There isn’t Nige! a) they should have sent the code earlier for that lol. b) I am mad, mad busy working on some upcoming projects, c) I am burnt out after too many months of super tough vids and manual reading, d) there is already a great Dan Whorral (spelling?) tutorial on this!

@enkaytee said:

@Gavinski said:
    Finally got hold of this. Have just had time to go through the presets so far, but wow….very varied and some super experimental capabilities.

A very interesting effect - is there going to be a tutorial...😁

• edited May 2021

@Gavinski said:

Honestly, with complex effects like this if I can’t get what I want in a matter of minutes, I’ll tend to move on to another plugin. So I rely on presets as my foundation for engineering a solution. The fiddly bits with connecting controllers to multiple knobs by drawing a connecting line to them I’ve never touched and to use these apps to their full potential for me would probably require a full semester in FabFilter university.

• @NeuM it can be extremely complex but you can dial in simple delays pretty quickly without lots of fiddling. Most of my experimentation has actually come from just dialing in a slapback delay and then getting curious asking myself “well what if I modulate this” and then I go down a rabbit hole

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    @NeuM it can be extremely complex but you can dial in simple delays pretty quickly without lots of fiddling. Most of my experimentation has actually come from just dialing in a slapback delay and then getting curious asking myself “well what if I modulate this” and then I go down a rabbit hole

Yes, I’m not saying I’m averse to experimenting with some aspects of FabFilter apps, but the more convoluted and opaque operations available currently are a mystery to me.

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    @NeuM it can be extremely complex but you can dial in simple delays pretty quickly without lots of fiddling. Most of my experimentation has actually come from just dialing in a slapback delay and then getting curious asking myself “well what if I modulate this” and then I go down a rabbit hole

For some less involved Timeless 3 presets, see this thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/45414/fabfilter-timeless-3-download-169-presets :)

• @Tim6502 said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

For some less involved Timeless 3 presets, see this thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/45414/fabfilter-timeless-3-download-169-presets :)

That’s a terrific resource for those who work using that method. I don’t really like AUM. It’s more appropriate for live performance than for production, IMO.

• @NeuM said:

Yes, I’m not saying I’m averse to experimenting with some aspects of FabFilter apps, but the more convoluted and opaque operations available currently are a mystery to me.

I totally understand, when I first opened it I got a bit overwhelmed with how much is going on with it. It’s a lot to digest with how many features it has