Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FabFilter Timeless 3 by FabFilter - Released

Comments

• @mjcouche said:
    @ExAsperis99 AU3Dub?

Have it, don't love the UI. But I foresee no other delay after purchasing this.

• Wow, really happy with this release! We did ask for it, but I didn’t expect it (and not within this timespan). Years ago I runned the first version of Timeless on PC so this iOS version 3 truly is a no-brainer for me. Immediately bought it!😇

• Loving it so far. Easy to dial in some very nice delays and echoes.

• Boy is this good. Incredible versatile and sounding superb. It’s a keeper and a winner!

• Well when folks on here react like this, I think what the heck, gotta be worth a punt. And when you are used to VST prices, it’s exceptionally good value. Initial impression is total WOW.

• What an amazing piece of software. Looks like a desktop grade plugin.

• @israelite said:
    What an amazing piece of software. Looks like a desktop grade plugin.

Because it is! As I wrote in my earlier post, Timeless exists for years on desktop. The guys at Fabfilter were groundbreaking (then and now) with their slick, easy user interface and modular possibilities. Really, really happy with this AU.

• OK, I’m gonna say it. I think the UI is a bit fiddly and could have been clearer... It’s so unusual to be criticizing FabFilter for their UI but i think the buttons are a bit cramped, the sliders a bit short and the text a bit too small.

Sounds great though, of course.

• @gusgranite said:
    OK, I’m gonna say it. I think the UI is a bit fiddly and could have been clearer... It’s so unusual to be criticizing FabFilter for their UI but i think the buttons are a bit cramped, the sliders a bit short and the text a bit too small.

Should also depend on the size of the device you’re using. I myself got an Apple Pencil that helps a lot with certain apps.

• @Bietfriek said:

@gusgranite said:
    OK, I’m gonna say it. I think the UI is a bit fiddly and could have been clearer... It’s so unusual to be criticizing FabFilter for their UI but i think the buttons are a bit cramped, the sliders a bit short and the text a bit too small.

Should also depend on the size of the device you’re using. I myself got an Apple Pencil that helps a lot with certain apps.

actually i have some problems with apple pencil in timeless 3. it seems to trigger areas that are a bit higher than my actual taps.

• How is it on the cpu on basic stuff? I was impressed how lightweight Saturn 2 can be when just doing basic stuff

• It adds at most 5% CPU per instance on my 2018 Pro. That's with the reverb presets. Only 2% for basic stuff.

I'm impressed that the app size is only 6.6 MB (compared with 122 MB for Drambo).

• edited May 2021

@mojozart said:
    It adds at most 5% CPU per instance on my 2018 Pro. That's with the reverb presets. Only 2% for basic stuff.

I'm impressed that the app size is only 6.6 MB (compared with 122 MB for Drambo).

The app's size is likely linked to how highly optimised and CPU efficient it is, at some level (in my software engineering experience) i.e. streamlined code, rather than lazy, bloated code.

• However, as far as preset management is concerned, I believe that FabFilter are still treating each iPad as its own island.
    Or has anyone found a way to exchange patches other than, say, via AUM plugin presets?

• I just bought it and I think it’s well worth the money just based on the limited time I’ve spent with it. But…. Valhalla Delay is the King of delays (just to set the record straight!)

• @Obo said:
    I just bought it and I think it’s well worth the money just based on the limited time I’ve spent with it. But…. Valhalla Delay is the King of delays (just to set the record straight!)

I wish they’d get into iOS so badly

• Amazing plugin, not only the deepest, but also the best looking delay. I really like where they are going with their UI design. Really hope they decide to do more creative plugins.

Valhalla plugins...yeah they sound really nice but don't inspire me at all with their design.

• now i really hope they will add their modulation system to the next iteration of pro r. it would be just a little bit redundant but still super cool.

• Yes the modulation is very clever and intuitive. I guess it will come to all the plugins in new versions. I really hope they add preset sharing ability too.

• Been having fun with this one. Definitely one of the better delays. This will be up there on the top shelf with Kosmonaut and YaleD for me.

I love the “multi-knobs” which I’ve seen before somewhere… just can’t place it.

• @Edward_Alexander said:

I love the “multi-knobs” which I’ve seen before somewhere… just can’t place it.

Probably not helping, but the built-in aircon interface in the smaller Kia models have such (hardware) knobs :)

• Has anyone figured out how to edit the taps in the tap editor? For example how do you set the panning of a tap using touch? I can't figure it out at all.

• @richardyot said:
    Has anyone figured out how to edit the taps in the tap editor? For example how do you set the panning of a tap using touch? I can't figure it out at all.

If you long press the text you can enter a number 0-1 for pan

• edited May 2021

@Carnbot said:

@richardyot said:
    Has anyone figured out how to edit the taps in the tap editor? For example how do you set the panning of a tap using touch? I can't figure it out at all.

If you long press the text you can enter a number 0-1 for pan

Thanks!

• Discussion in the FF forum:

https://www.fabfilter.com/forum/6100/import-presets-ffp-to-any-ff-plugin-in-ios

Perhaps someone can enlighten the FF devs.

• I asked them and preset sharing is coming to FF apps at some point they say

• @Carnbot said:
    Amazing plugin, not only the deepest, but also the best looking delay. I really like where they are going with their UI design. Really hope they decide to do more creative plugins.

Valhalla plugins...yeah they sound really nice but don't inspire me at all with their design.

Really?! Dang, I like them all but Valhalla Delay is up there as one of my favorite fx. I like it and use it much more than any of the others. Loving this though too. We are spoiled!

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@Obo said:
    I just bought it and I think it’s well worth the money just based on the limited time I’ve spent with it. But…. Valhalla Delay is the King of delays (just to set the record straight!)

I wish they’d get into iOS so badly

Me too! I’ll admit though, sometimes it’s kind of nice having the differences between iOS and Mac - keeps things fresh. Then other times… I just want to use that one app I have on one but not the other!

• I think the only thing that gets you close to the genius of Valhalla products is the Eos 2 reverb which uses some of his code, I believe. I bought Valhalla Delay and never use my Mac for music. I prefer fingering my apps. The mice gave me car pool tunnel syndrome.

• Just played with it again and yes: it’s my new favorite. Love the sound and the idea to combine the crazy cool EQ engine/UI/UX into the Timeless plugin is awesome