Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WIDI from CME

Any one looking into this? Any thoughts?

https://www.cme-pro.com/widi-uhost/

Comments

• Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I have been waiting forever for this uhost ! Seems that presales are beginning in less than three days !

• @jazzmess
    You are wellcome😊
    I asked CME if there is any chance for a bluetooth sustain pedal to go with the XkeyAIR and they introduced me to this widi thingy. Not what I hoped for but it might be interesting.

• Definitely in for both this and the WIDI Bud Pro; I have the WIDI Master and the original WIDI Bud, and both have been fantastic. I haven't touched my Yamaha MD-BT01 since the WIDI Master arrived.

• @Masanga said:
    Definitely in for both this and the WIDI Bud Pro; I have the WIDI Master and the original WIDI Bud, and both have been fantastic. I haven't touched my Yamaha MD-BT01 since the WIDI Master arrived.

+1. And I want the Uhost too!

• Looks very handy ... instant Bluetoof on all my usb kit... that alone.

They make very nice gear going by my collection of X-keys. They also have a most vigorous marketing department. No one ever mentions limitations on these things... we have to discover those for ourselves.

Will watch for some trusted observations to emerge. But I'll register myself for a potential 50% discount ... just in case.

• @Soundscaper said:
    Looks very handy ... instant Bluetoof on all my usb kit... that alone.

They make very nice gear going by my collection of X-keys. They also have a most vigorous marketing department. No one ever mentions limitations on these things... we have to discover those for ourselves.

Will watch for some trusted observations to emerge. But I'll register myself for a potential 50% discount ... just in case.

They're actually quite clear about what their gear can do and what it can't. They're also very helpful and willing to answer friendly questions via e-mail.

• I'm afraid I've been stung too often by hype ... especially from Apple. I'm sure CME are a decent, reputable responsive lot ... just not the marketing department ... not any marketing department. Not again.

Nonetheless, I'll file that helpfulness away as an observation from a reputable source.>

@rs2000

• edited May 2021

I like this company. The hardware is well designed, and their designers seem to leverage the community to improve their designs. The weak link so far has been documentation, but when I've actually learned what their products can do, I've been even more impressed.

I have a WIDI Jack and a couple a WIDI Masters that I use on my pedalboard.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I'll use uHost, but I think it will come in handy. One of the challenges with uHost is that it needs to receive power from somewhere, which can defeat the ideal of wireless.

However, the magic power of their products is their automatic pairing.

https://www.cme-pro.com/widi-uhost-what-can-it-do-for-you/
    https://www.cme-pro.com/widi-which-device-will-you-connect/

• @mojozart

Jep looks like it is powered by USB. I might back out then. Of course you can always fix it with a powerbank and a roll of duct tape 😁

• Well ,Cme's app for their Xair midi keyboards...still crashing on iOS. i guess it's abandoned...

• @mojozart said:
    Honestly, I'm not sure how I'll use uHost, but I think it will come in handy. One of the challenges with uHost is that it needs to receive power from somewhere, which can defeat the ideal of wireless.

That's the old problem with any USB MIDI host to BT device.
    I'm mainly using USB powerbanks. They're available in many shapes and sizes and if you want to reduce cables, you can mount the power bank and the Uhost into one portable box or controller stand.

• Assuming this is for real, it's odd that they didn't include any physical ports, including charging

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

doesnt shock me at all theres no ports considering its CME

haha amazing

• @Grandbear said:

Assuming this is for real, it's odd that they didn't include any physical ports, including charging

it looks to be wireless all the way, including charging

• Yep I saw that, I still find it odd that they don't provide an alternative for charging and connectivity. I guess they're really pushing their other product along with this.

• "Ultra low 3ms latency" - that sounds interesting. Anyone know how this figure compares to the Korg NanoKEY Studio? Can't seem to find an official latency figure for the Korg (which I currently use)

• LOL. Exact clone of the clone but cheaper, with battery and wireless. Eat that Uli.

• edited March 2022

@DanSebPage said:
    "Ultra low 3ms latency" - that sounds interesting. Anyone know how this figure compares to the Korg NanoKEY Studio? Can't seem to find an official latency figure for the Korg (which I currently use)

If you're just pairing it with the iOS bluetooth, its about 10-11ms. Thats a set interval by iOS (its a little lower on mac). If you use proprietary dongles, you bypass that limit. Thats how they get down to 3ish.

What is not clear in that page is you do need an CMS adapter on the device you are trying to control from the swidi to get that 3ms.

• That swing isn’t this swing.

• edited March 2022

But this swing is

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@DanSebPage said:
    "Ultra low 3ms latency" - that sounds interesting. Anyone know how this figure compares to the Korg NanoKEY Studio? Can't seem to find an official latency figure for the Korg (which I currently use)

If you're just pairing it with the iOS bluetooth, its about 10-11ms. Thats a set interval by iOS (its a little lower on mac). If you use proprietary dongles, you bypass that limit. Thats how they get down to 3ish.

What is not clear in that page is you do need an CMS adapter on the device you are trying to control from the swidi to get that 3ms.

Ah right thanks, that makes sense. I imagine the Swidi would be subject to the same internal limitation then, but I'd become very interested if this wasn't the case!

• edited March 2022

It is a great system and does whats advertised. Still wouldn't be using it in a live setting.

• The ad copy reads like this blog post went out a week and a couple of days early.

• ETA is May 2, 2022. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be released, say...a month and a day earlier. In a different case?

• As a SWIDI beta tester, I am bound to secrecy even if the announcement has leaked.

I can say that those CME folks are some genuine next-level thinkers.

• @mojozart said:
    As a SWIDI beta tester, I am bound to secrecy even if the announcement has leaked.

I can say that those CME folks are some genuine next-level thinkers.

Can you tell us when we get the inevitable video that start out with "Hi......Jordan Rudess here......"

• They have updated the blog post with this quote

What do you think? Share your opinion in the comment section below! 
    More details will follow exactly on April Fools’ Day 2022!

• Has anyone used a WIDI Master with a Novation Zero SL? - I can't figure out if that device will supply the necessary power...