Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lumbeat apps - Link problems - iOs 14..2

Hello!
Maybe someone can help out. I’ve been experiencing problems with the Link function in Lumbeat’s Funk drummer and Future drummer recently, whereas the function stopped to work alltogether, perhaps due to an iOs upgrade.

I did tests in various configurations, here’s an idea of my setup

I’m running Ableton Live 10 Suite on a PC Win

• NI Maschine 2.13.0 (R874) on Macbook pro 10.15.7 Catalina
  • Funk drummer / Future Drummer running on an ipad pro 14.4.2
    Either using a recent Wifi home router or Circuit Happy’s The missing Link controller

The results are the same regardless of the Wifi used:

The PC (Live10) will sync up with the macbook (Maschine) via Link, back and forth no problem.
Funk drummer says that it is connected to one peer in the Ableton Link window, I figure one of my two devices but doesn’t sync up tempowise and it doesn’t show the green band on top of the screen like it used to. I might have seen the latter appear for a fraction of second when activating the Ableton Live function, but it goes away never to reappear and syncing doesn’t come about even if i give it some time. on the other hand, Funk drummer doesn’t appear to be detected by either my pc and mac in their respective Link windows.

Future drummer: detects no peers at all and doesn’t sync with the chain. It searches on and on like Funk drummer does with no change.

I’ve done a test using an App called SynthDrum Pads (DesignbyPaul) on the ipad (this app dates back from three years ago and doesn’t seem to have been updated since)
when using home Wifi: the app syncs up with both devices although there is a 1 bpm difference between the app and the other two devices. (!!!)
when using Circuit Happy’s The missing link controller:
the app syncs up with both devices in the right bpm

I am not too tech savy, but my tests seem to point out an issue with either iOs 14.4.2 or all of the Link functions within the applications? In stand alone mode both apps run fine, but needless to say that they become usefull for me when Link enabled. Don’t know if an app like Audiobus would solve the issue? I’ve read about similar issues in regards to Audiobus and iOs 14.1,, relating to multicast networking permissions that seem to have been solved..

Thanks in advance for any info !

JS

Comments

• Can't help you out much or provide additional info except to say "yes" I have been experiencing unexpected behavior from FunkDrummer using the Link function. I don't really remember what I was doing but I was getting really weird playback from FunkDrummer with Link on. Also, audio and midi export do not work at all for me on grooves that have 6 subdivisions. Strange. I love the Lumbeat apps but I really seem to be having trouble making them play nice with others.

• Just to know that i’m not alone experiencing this is cool; i’ve written twice to the developper, but didn’t get a reply - I understand that it’s a tough business following Apple’s shenanigans. Me too I love the apps and been using them in a live situation - playing with a real drummer, so without the Link function I can’t do much. Last update of funk drummer dates back a month ago, so perhaps it’s on it’s way. Cheers!