Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DM1 Update

edited February 2013 in Support and Feedback

DM1 has updated with full midi implementation.

Comments

• nice but what does ot mean exactly?Midi sync?Virtual midi?The description could have been a little bigger...

• Clock sync with loopy, joehoe !

• edited February 2013

DM1 has updated with full midi implementation.

I can't seem to get this to work with Cubasis. I set midi out from Cubasis to DM1 channel 1. In DM1 the midi in says 'Cubasis'. I play the keybord or pads in Cubasis and nothing. Regardless of routing DM1 through Audiobus or not. And yes, I have background audio on in DM1. If someone figures the issue here, let us know.

• That's good news! :-)
    I would like to see it have variable velocity on each instrument on a future update!

• I'm disappointed that its not in the iPhone version yet. STILL waiting for the mini animoog to update too...

• According to Tim Webb at Discchord:

"Unfortunately the first step of any part does not seem to send MIDI Out. I've tested this thoroughly, and even attached a debugger. All the steps on all of the other parts are sending, and on the usual MIDI notes for Drums, but that first step is just not doing anything. MIDI In is working great, but you won't be able to fully utilize this for sequencing other apps and gear."

• edited February 2013

What are you using for midi in? Another app virtual out or external midi device?

• Nothing here either on Cubasis or BM2....

• i beta tested the dm1 for quite some time now and i am super pleased at the progress of this app over time. a few weeks back i reported this midi issue on step 1 to the developer and it was the first time the developer didn't respond. usually the response from the developer is fast and on point. hopefully this issue gets fixed soon. i heart the dm1!

• Oops, it seems the update introduced a bug in the FX section. Master FX are ok, but individual Track FX don't work. I hope they fix it asap, as I'm working on a song with it right now.

• Cubasis works with DM1 if you set the out and in to Virtual MIDI, rather than as the actual instrument name.

As Beatmaker 2 doesn't have an option to set to generic a generic Virtual MIDI value, I don't know how you would get it to work.

I recall seeing a few MIDI enabled apps that have trouble recognising particular Virtual MIDI values and settings. Meteor for example just lists everything you have open as 'Unknown name'.

• DM1 fix is coming in the next few days (Track FX and First Step bugs). :)

• So I found an unfortunate update bug as well. Actually it made me flip tables, punch the elderly and break pencils.
    I had about 20 projects with custom kits that I had saved out and today as I checked through them, I found that all have reverted back to the default 606 kit. Does this mean they're lost forever?? All the time spent finding the right snare to go with the right bass drum wasted?? Anybody having the same issue??

• Ouch! No, but I haven't been using it long enough to encounter those sorts of issues anyway.

• I got DM1 to play nice with BM2 - somewhat - last night. BM2 does not appear to send out Start MIDI transport controls. So I configured them with DM1 sending "tempo" to BM2, loaded both up in AudioBus, and bring BM2 front but use th DM1 AudioBus control "Play" button to start playing. Then both seem to start together, though there might be a little issue at the start (related to an earlier comment here maybe?).

DM1 however got a couple of Virtual MIDI things wrong. If you load it up alongside of MidiBridge, DM1 shows up there OK, but does not actually send any data out of the DM1 default output port you see in MidiBridge. And if you select and enable MidiBridge in the DM1 config, then the MIDI comes out of the MidiBridge icon in MidiBridge, not the BM1 icon. Similary, the DM1 default listener does not appear to do anything with MIDI sent to it through a connection in MidiBridge. That might be because of incompatible note maping, however. Did not investigate that far.

What it got right was being able to at least discriminate amongst the discovered ports. And providing separate filter switches for Note and Tempo data.