Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB crashing on startup after 15th May update. Fixed by update on 16th :)

I updated AB this morning and now I can’t get it to load. Anyone else have the same problem?

I’m on iOS 14.4.2 and an iPad Pro 12.9 2nd gen

Also auto crashes on Air2 on iOS 14.5.1

Comments

• edited May 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No problems on IOS 13.6 iPad Pro 10.5

• No issues with AudioBus on my trusty iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.5.1 or iPhone 8, iOS14.5.1...

• I have iPad Air 4 and iPhone 12 Pro Max with current updates for audiobus and the iPad and iPhone, and no matter what I do audiobus keeps crashing after the most resent update.

• @d4d0ug said:
    Yikes same here - IPad Pro (10.5”) MQDT2B/A IOS 14.5.1

Tried rebooting, same.

Deleted, re-installed - now opens….

I have this issue and the problem is if I delete and re load then I’ll lose the performance patches that I spent months refining. Soooo, I’m taking a break from that part of my life until there’s a fix! :)

• @OscarSouth said:

@d4d0ug said:

Tried rebooting, same.

I have this issue and the problem is if I delete and re load then I’ll lose the performance patches that I spent months refining. Soooo, I’m taking a break from that part of my life until there’s a fix! :)

You could try "offloading" and then reloading it. That reinstalls the app without losing any data. I've never seen it fail, but you might not want to take the risk.

• @wim said:

@OscarSouth said:

@d4d0ug said:

Tried rebooting, same.

You could try "offloading" and then reloading it. That reinstalls the app without losing any data. I've never seen it fail, but you might not want to take the risk.

Offloading doesn’t work I’ve tried and the same problem occurs

• @OscarSouth said:

@d4d0ug said:

Tried rebooting, same.

Honestly the developer need to make a way to backup performance patches via iCloud.

• Be sure to send crashlogs to @Michael. Instructions are in the in-app help, I believe.

• @wim said:

@OscarSouth said:

@d4d0ug said:

Tried rebooting, same.

Useful method to know — thanks. Usually I do a similar thing by installing a TestFlight build and then back to the App Store release, but I don’t have any available releases on TestFlight right now.

Would probably be fine to do the offload method but as I don’t have any time pressure right now I think I’ll wait it out.

• @shodd71 said:

@wim said:

@OscarSouth said:

@d4d0ug said:

Tried rebooting, same.

Offloading doesn’t work I’ve tried and the same problem occurs

Ditto.

• No issues on my first gen iPad Pro with 14.6.

• @Samu said:
    No issues with AudioBus on my trusty iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.5.1 or iPhone 8, iOS14.5.1...

Don’t mean to derail here but @Samu do you think your Air2 performs better after updating to 14?
    My Pro is on the latest but I’ve held off updating my Air2 for fear of pukey behavior.

• I'm using the 2017 10.5 pro and definitely have this issue.

• Insta-crash here on 6 Gen iPad running 14.5.1.

• edited May 2021

Dangit. Sorry guys. Fix is en route, should be available in a few hours.

• Thanks, the update fixed it and saved my presets.

• Fixed here

• Fixed but lost my presets, it’s okay tho

• And here.

• @Michael So I’m currently still having issues. Almost every time I open Audiobus or AUM while having mic permissions active they crash instantly. This didn’t start until the most recent updates. I have to turn off mic permissions just to keep the audio engine running on my iPad Air 4.

• edited May 2021

@shodd71 said:
    @Michael So I’m currently still having issues. Almost every time I open Audiobus or AUM while having mic permissions active they crash instantly. This didn’t start until the most recent updates. I have to turn off mic permissions just to keep the audio engine running on my iPad Air 4.

Okay - would you send me a crash log?

1. Open the Settings app. Find Privacy, then Analytics, Analytics Data
    2. Look for entries with the app name, with the date/time that matches when you saw the crash. Note that any entries with “wakeups” in the name aren’t actually crashes, but another kind of log that isn’t much use for diagnosis: Ignore those ones.
    3. Select the entry, then tap the share button at the top right (a square with an upwards arrow) and email the contents to me.

I think your email might be sending my emails to your spam folder, by the way – I responded to you a while ago.

• @shodd71 said:
    @Michael So I’m currently still having issues. Almost every time I open Audiobus or AUM while having mic permissions active they crash instantly. This didn’t start until the most recent updates. I have to turn off mic permissions just to keep the audio engine running on my iPad Air 4.

Just saw your comment on the other thread. Actually, would you mind trying this for me: open up settings, change the sample rate to 48000, then quit and open up AB again.

• Okay I’ll give it a shot

• @Michael said:

@shodd71 said:

Just saw your comment on the other thread. Actually, would you mind trying this for me: open up settings, change the sample rate to 48000, then quit and open up AB again.

So trying that led me to the same issue. No change at all I even rebooted after the third try. Also I sent over the crash report.