Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best app to load samples on to play an electronic drum kit

Looking for info and recommendations on the current best apps to use with an electronic drum kit.

Need to be able to load samples into it and map them to pads on the kit. Key thing is being able to map different samples to velocity zones like you can in logic.

Comments

• I suggest DrumComputer for AUV3 or Beatmaker 3 for standalone.

• edited May 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DrumPerfect Pro.

• 16 instruments, each with up to 16 samples,
    • organized in up to 10 sample groups ( think articulation ),
    • up to 2x8 velocities per instrument ( if Right hand /Left hand configuration is chosen ).
    • Random Robin, crossfading, etc...
    • Easy mapping templates for kits.
    • Up to 16 kits per song.
  • edited May 2021

Drambo. If you take a (single file) wav with 10 hits of rising velocity, and load that into Flexi Sampler, you can select 'trigger slice by velocity'. Then you have a 10 velocity layer sample easy as pie. There's not really any limit to how many velocity slices you could use this way.. and that's just for a single voice.
    Of course, you can also use the Mutlisampler too, which has 4 dedicated velocity zones per key/note.
    (I should note that Drambo has midi note filters, so you can select exactly which notes are trigging which samples or individual samplers)

AudioLayer by Virsyn is a deep, but it offers unlimited zones and round robins, so it's arguably the most full featured sampler / sample player on IOS.

Drum Computer doesn't support velocity layers for it's sample section, so I wouldn't really recommend that.

The new Synthmaster 2 (not released yet) will allow multisample import also, so that will be a great and creative tool to build drum kits with.

• Cheers guys. Its actually for a friend who doesn't use iOS much for music but needs an app to use as a sound module for a drumkit in his garage. He's pretty tech savvy though and familiar with DAWs so will work out any configuration he needs to do.

Drumperfect Pro is probably exactly what he wants. I have it but haven't used it much so will play with it later.

I'll pass on the others mentioned too

• @Gilbert said:
    DrumPerfect Pro.

• 16 instruments, each with up to 16 samples,
    • organized in up to 10 sample groups ( think articulation ),
    • up to 2x8 velocities per instrument ( if Right hand /Left hand configuration is chosen ).
    • Random Robin, crossfading, etc...
    • Easy mapping templates for kits.
    • Up to 16 kits per song.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about this one. Really comprehensive and customizable options. Highly recommended

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Several of the Gadget drums work well.