Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New jamming buddy (an actual human!)

For the first time since my best friend died back in 2006, I had interaction with another musician! And let me tell you maaaaaaaan did it feel good!!

This guy is actually my AC guy. He was here one day working on my air conditioning and happened to notice my Peavy Bandit out in the garage.

“Peavy Bandit huh?”, and that was it. We hit it off and have been non stop talking about music and jamming ever since. Turns out we pretty much had the same influences and like a lot of the same things. He also seems to have a GAS problem just like the rest of us!

Well, I finally got him over to jam! He brought a new guitar he just bought; a DK Satchel sig Charvel super strat!

I was like “daaaaamn you really are a product of the 80’s aren’t ya!”

Anyway, he’s still a little old school as far as the guitar amp sim technology goes, but seems eager to learn some new things, so I’ve been helping him, by introducing him to the wonderful world of iPad music production. He’s already went out and bought himself an iPad Pro after seeing and hearing my setup.

During our jam session (and we went right into a couple Judas Priest and Iron Maiden songs right off the bat without even thinking about it and were instantly clicking!) we ran into having to change presets on the iPad, he says “don’t they have a foot switch to do this?” So I suggested the iRig Blueboard, which I didn’t have, but knew this is what we needed for this.

So this guy goes out and buys TWO of them, one for him and one for me. He says he bought me one so I can learn how to use it, then show him!

So I have yet another new gadget to learn how to use! lol This thing will actually come in handy! Especially now that they updated it to be able to use midi notes or CCs with anything.

Comments

• This is an awesome post. Thank you for sharing. More recently we have been so starved of these connections with the pandemic.

Sorry about your friend.

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    For the first time since my best friend died back in 2006, I had interaction with another musician! And let me tell you maaaaaaaan did it feel good!!

This guy is actually my AC guy. He was here one day working on my air conditioning and happened to notice my Peavy Bandit out in the garage.

“Peavy Bandit huh?”, and that was it. We hit it off and have been non stop talking about music and jamming ever since. Turns out we pretty much had the same influences and like a lot of the same things. He also seems to have a GAS problem just like the rest of us!

Well, I finally got him over to jam! He brought a new guitar he just bought; a DK Satchel sig Charvel super strat!

I was like “daaaaamn you really are a product of the 80’s aren’t ya!”

Anyway, he’s still a little old school as far as the guitar amp sim technology goes, but seems eager to learn some new things, so I’ve been helping him, by introducing him to the wonderful world of iPad music production. He’s already went out and bought himself an iPad Pro after seeing and hearing my setup.

During our jam session (and we went right into a couple Judas Priest and Iron Maiden songs right off the bat without even thinking about it and were instantly clicking!) we ran into having to change presets on the iPad, he says “don’t they have a foot switch to do this?” So I suggested the iRig Blueboard, which I didn’t have, but knew this is what we needed for this.

So this guy goes out and buys TWO of them, one for him and one for me. He says he bought me one so I can learn how to use it, then show him!

So I have yet another new gadget to learn how to use! lol This thing will actually come in handy! Especially now that they updated it to be able to use midi notes or CCs with anything.

👍

• @gusgranite said:
    This is an awesome post. Thank you for sharing. More recently we have been so starved of these connections with the pandemic.

Sorry about your friend.

I know, and I had pretty much given up on playing with people after my friends passing, but that was just me. Now that I’m thinking more about it, I actually did have a few people I tried playing with around 2007-2009ish a few times but other than that, I pretty much became a musical recluse.

Work and having a family of four to support does have its way of cutting into your “hobbies” which is what my musical endeavors have become.

And I’ve been ok with it really, where I feel like I’ve been pretty sufficient in putting out some decent self composed pieces… I’ve been writing drum parts, bass lines, chord progressions, and melodies (a full stack!) and having a ball doing it… but….. there’s nothing like playing with another real human!

• I’m actually trying to coordinate a bigger jam session soon with my AC guy on guitar, and I know a customer through work that plays the drums. He keeps inviting me over to “make some noise” (and that’s what scares me. I need to find out if this guys any good before I go bringing other people over with me lol)

Yeah I’ve actually had that happen before. It’s kinda awkward when you realize someone can’t play all that great and they go “hey how about next week, same time?”

“Uhh I think I have to work next week… sorry”

• Man I miss playing with a real drummer!