Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Create a synth bassline with Piano Motifs and Atom 2

New video out, this time it's a short tipp for creating basslines. I don't know about you, but I struggle with those a lot, and my results with other generative apps have been mixed. It worked pretty well with Piano Motifs though. It's short, but I think pretty useful. Hope this helps someone.

Edit: Is it just me, or does the quality of the thumbnail suck big time. I'll check that later.

Comments

• Very interesting @FloRi89 . Piano Motifs is the app that just keeps giving!

• @GeoTony said:
    Very interesting @FloRi89 . Piano Motifs is the app that just keeps giving!

It is! I slept a little bit on it, but since I have it I can‘t get enough.

• great video. thanks

• edited May 2021

Great bass part. To my ear the fx make it happen more than the line itself.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

Yes, I think so, too. But I think that's good. There was a discussion in the Piano Motifs thread of how "creative" it is to use a generative app. I think it depends a lot on what you make of it. It's as you said, without the effects the bassline is a little bland and boring, it's what I made of it that turned into something usefull.

• @FloRi89 said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

Yes, I think so, too. But I think that's good. There was a discussion in the Piano Motifs thread of how "creative" it is to use a generative app. I think it depends a lot on what you make of it. It's as you said, without the effects the bassline is a little bland and boring, it's what I made of it that turned into something usefull.

I agree, your video offers a good example of a lucky cooperation of the generative and the creative, Florian. Well played :)