Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TC Guitar rack iOS 14

Tc guitar guitar Auv3 can’t connect with helper application.
Anyone else have the problem too?

Comments

• edited May 2021

This app had such potential, TC / Behringer stole a march on everyone with the first AUv3 amp sim with effects, but then they pretty much abandoned it on release (my guess being because of some very poor marketing and sales of the associated audio interfaces). A shame, because I thought it was really nicely designed.

Sorry to respond negatively, but if it doesn't work in iOS 14 I wouldn't hold your breath on it ever being fixed. If you're looking for an alternative just ask and I'm sure you will be showered with high quality recommendations to suit all budgets (but I guess you're already aware of them?).

• edited May 2021

@Jeezs said:
    Tc guitar guitar Auv3 can’t connect with helper application.
    Anyone else have the problem too?

Yes. Loads forever in Audiobus, AUM cannot connect with helper. iPad 6, iPadOS 14.5.1. May need an update. The AppStore description doesn't mention AUv3, so I wonder if it's actually implemented.

I notice that my random experiments generated a bunch of log files showing GuitarRackAudioUnitExtension crashed with SIGTRAP. That usually indicates some intentional debugging code inserted by the developer. It's not how an app usually crashes/fails. Makes me think again that the AUv3 interface is an unimplemented stub.

You should be able to use it as IAA though.

• AUv3 was implemented, and worked completely fine prior to this, but this is an issue that can sometimes happen between iOS updates. This happened to BeatHawk not too long ago (and Ravenscroft) and UVI promptly fixed it. Of course, they also ask a certain price for their apps, whereas this one is free.