Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tonestack pro demo

I use my luke,Aum,an ownhammer 4x12 Marshall cab,mixbox for reverb and an apogee quartet.
It is a long video,and I’ve just reviewd some of the amps and overdrive and distortion pedals.
I’ve tried to mix clean and distorted amps so you can have an idea of what the app sounds like.
It’s a dense app!
My view on it?
Well,their « clean »amps sound really good!
I’m less convinced by Their high gain amps.you loose volume and dynamics as soon as you up the gain pot.
My way to workaround this is to set a lower gain on the amp and boosting it with pedals.
You can get some really tasty sounds this way.
Is it worth buying? I’d answer yes if you are prepared to tweak a lot😉.
The fxs are really good!
I will review them in another video.
I hope this video will help some of you.
Thanks!
Flo

Comments

• @flo26 Thank you for this! I hope it helps convince some of the skeptics out there that might have taken a pass.

I don’t know if I’m more impressed by your blues influenced style of playing (which is always top notch btw!), or the fact that you have all these amps and pedals all loaded up on that single chain!

I always get a little chuckle inside when you try to start playing “metal” lol (I picture Pantera inviting SRV out on stage to “jam” with them lol)

• I'm not convinced at all by the amp models, but I don't have to be as I have those covered elsewhere. The FX are uniformly excellent, though, and coupled with the excellent user experience (very intuitive), Tonestack Pro has become something I use regularly.

• edited May 2021

Free suggestion for @jessie at Yonac: Offer users “pro” sets of presets from artists like @flo26 which are tweaked for real players (and by the way, IK Multimedia is doing this with their MixBox CS app). Your customers will appreciate the extra effort!

• Great demo and fantastic playing. Any chance you can share one or two presets, just for us to figure out how professional guitarist are thinking their setups?

• wimwim
    edited May 2021

@NeuM said:
    Free suggestion for @jessie at Yonac: Offer users “pro” sets of presets from artists like @flo26 which are tweaked for real players (and by the way, IK Multimedia is doing this with their MixBox CS app). Your customers will appreciate the extra effort!

In my experience, presets like that are usually of limited effectiveness because of the vast difference between the character of different guitars and also the levels that people feed into the app. I know Flo's free presets he's graciously offered in the past sound great with his setup, but totally different in mine. I'm talking not even super useful as a starting point (through no fault of his).

It's a good idea. I just don't know how satisfied people would be with the end product.

• How about suggestions for chains or combos? Wouldn't that be generically useful?

Thanks for sharing, Flo!

• @wim said:

@NeuM said:

In my experience, presets like that are usually of limited effectiveness because of the vast difference between the character of different guitars and also the levels that people feed into the app. I know Flo's free presets he's graciously offered in the past sound great with his setup, but totally different in mine. I'm talking not even super useful as a starting point (through no fault of his).

It's a good idea. I just don't know how satisfied people would be with the end product.

VERY true and not at all obvious.

• @wim said:

@NeuM said:

While I agree with you in principle, packs of “pro” presets for users are a sweetener and an incentive to keep using the app. They are not a cure-all.

• Yep. People would probably buy them if available.

• edited May 2021

@wim said:
    Yep. People would probably buy them if available.

Especially if they were divided into humbucker/single coil categories and provided the required input level info.

• @Flo26’s guitar has both humbucker and single-coil pickups, but unfortunately, this three pickups are active — not passive. That would make his presets virtually useless — unless you owned a Luke.

• edited May 2021

85 and SLVs? Low-impedance output, not Hi-Z?
    How do you like it with traditional pickups?

• @SNystrom said:
    @Flo26’s guitar has both humbucker and single-coil pickups, but unfortunately, this three pickups are active — not passive. That would make his presets virtually useless — unless you owned a Luke.

Or a just guitar with a set of active pickups like the EMGs.

(Sidebar: I have the EMG Zakk Wylde sig set (EMG 81 & 85) in my LP Custom that I’d really like to get rid of actually. I want to find someone to trade for a set of gold Gibson pickups. So if you have a Les Paul with gold pickups in it, that you’re just dying to turn into a metal shredding machine, I’ve got just the thing for you! Let’s talk)

• Forget the pickups, @Intrepolicious, I am totally interested in that guitar!

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

• You could purchase any pups you want and just buy some gold covers for them:

• @SNystrom said:
    Forget the pickups, @Intrepolicious, I am totally interested in that guitar!

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Thank you. Yeah, I guess I could buy gold covers for these, but that wouldn’t help me with the sound. I guess I’m just wanting to try something else, not so “metal”.

• lol@buying gold pickup covers through Walmart

• Crazy, eh???

But seriously, I’d just get the pick-ups you really like and purchase the covers from anyone but Walmart and you’ll be “golden!”

With that goldish body binding, I even think a pair of zebra pickups would work aesthetically.

• Presets?Why not?
    It could be fun.