Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio popping

I am having issues with the audio starting to pop after playing several songs. Restarting Audiobus corrects the issue, but not ideal for live performances. This is a more recent issue...was not a problem in the past. Probably started around October or so, but have not been playing much the past few months, so hard to say exactly when and whether certain updates are related.

Here is my set-up:
Bandhelper for my setlist and runs backing tracks into my RME Babyface. Also runs a parallel MIDI file with the backing tracks to trigger loops and setting changes for all my gear

RME Babyface interface with TotalMix app. My guitar inputs to this.

Audiobus 3 provides the audio routing from the RME Babyface into Loopy HD for my loops.

Everything is set at 44100 sample rate and I have Latency at 256 (have tried increasing latency and still happens).

All apps and iOs have latest updates. I have tried running in Airplane mode. This is an iPad Pro.

Any help, ideas would be appreciated!

Comments

• Which iOS version? Which hardware?

• If it started in October, it may be a generic iPadOS 14 issue.

Have you tried force-quitting unrelated apps and restarting the iPad before a session? This would ensure that all memory and CPU resources are available for your processing.

• This is a 10.5 inch iPad Pro 256gb model. Software 14.5.1. Have quit apps and rebooted, still with the issue. I never had to do any of this before October-ish.

• Seemed to be no problem last night. Not sure what I did. I had messed around with latencies and had a latency mismatch between Audiobus and Loopy HD that I fixed...but I think that was something that developed during my trial and error attempts at correcting it, not something that was present when the issue first started.

Anyway, will monitor and see if it is fixed.

• @go2ldook said:
    Seemed to be no problem last night. Not sure what I did. I had messed around with latencies and had a latency mismatch between Audiobus and Loopy HD that I fixed...but I think that was something that developed during my trial and error attempts at correcting it, not something that was present when the issue first started.

Anyway, will monitor and see if it is fixed.

It seems like many people who are on iOS 14 have similar audio issues from what I’ve seen here and other places. I’d bet money that’s the cause - and I’d be surprised if it doesn’t return for you within a short time. Hopefully they fix by 15! I’d love to upgrade my current iPad to a new Pro - but until I hear more than a few reports about this ios14 audio issue (and the disappearing AUv3 issue) I won’t even consider it.