Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster 2 iOS AUv3 almost there for 'beta' :)

Comments

• edited May 2021

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    Apple's own tools is not sufficient for RAD (Rapid Application Development).

I just want to provide some clarity on this, in case other aspiring developers are discouraged by this statement and the perceived complexity of building an iOS app.

Yes they do. Apple's SwiftUI (a UI framework, and not the language itself) is declarative, following the "UI is a function of state" mantra that has been at the forefront of modern UI development for the past 5 years. It allows for easy component encapsulation and reuse, instant UI updates based on code changes, and rapid iteration. It's honestly rivaling web development in how quickly UI changes can be made, and how easy it is to support every possible screen size, making use of robust flexbox-style layout primitives.

Note that this is indeed completely unsuitable for cross-platform development (for now). But the claim "Apple's tools are not sufficient for cross-platform RAD" is subtly different from "Apple's tools are not sufficient for RAD".

Apple has been building incredible tools for developers lately, with ample documentation, and enabling development practices specifically following modern trends, many pioneered by web development. The only requirement is building with those native tools for Apple's native platforms, which, depending on the situation, can be a crippling but understandable limitation.

• @kv331audio_bulent For import, will sfz be supported?

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@ecou said:
    What's the difference between one and two?

SM2 has:

1. 2 Layers as opposed to 1: For each layer you can set the keyboard/velocity zones (this is a recent feature we added)
    2. There's a lot more options for synthesis: More oscillator types (additive, vector) and more filter types (digital filters, vanalog filters, comb filters). There are 4 modulators (basic oscillators) which can be used as sub oscillators, ring modulators, fm/pm modulators. you can even connect modulators to each other and create complex FM sounds. For instance connect M1+M2 to Osc1, M3+M4 to Osc2, here's your 6 operator FM synth.
    3. Sample playback: SynthMaster 2 can import multisamples. Loop points in WAV files are recognized. Rename your multisamples in multiple ways and import easily: a) note names only in a folder. The folder name will be the multisample name. C1.wav C2.wav C3.wav under Guitar folder for instance b) . format: Piano.C1.wav Piano.C2.wav for instance
    4. Flexible FX routing: You can instantiate multiple instances of an effect in any insert fx slots. Layers have 5 fx insert slots + there are 2 parallel global Fx buses, you can route the output of layers to those.

Ooooh it’s a sampler now…

• edited May 2021

@auxmux said:
    @kv331audio_bulent For import, will sfz be supported?

Yep, during the import, if file list contains sfz + wav files, that sfz will be used. I will post examples of each case when we release the beta:

1. import wavetables
    2. import multisamples/sfz
    3. import drum kits

drum kits are also multisamples. along with the wav files, you include a text file called DrumKit.txt, which specifies the start note, and list of samples:

bass
    kick
    snare 1
    snare 2
    snare 3
    clap
    tom 1
    tom 2
    hihat
    cowbell

@auxmux said:
    @kv331audio_bulent For import, will sfz be supported?

Yep, during the import, if file list contains sfz + wav files, that sfz will be used.

Awesome, thanks!

• Mine… will love.. or does it have a TB-303 sound bank?

• For those that like presets SM2 has something like 4-5k if I remember correctly. I bought the Everything bundle almost a decade ago and it’s the gift that keeps giving. Even to this day new presets for SM1 are included along with the future SM3 I’m eagerly awaiting. Totally recommend if you use VSTs or AUs. SM2 is one of my go to synths because it’s so versatile.

@NeuM said:
    Oh, man. And right after I FINALLY went ahead after all these years and bought Synthmaster ONE.

No worries, we will add an App Bundle (SynthMaster 1+2) on the AppStore. So those of you who purchased SynthMaster One iOS will pay the price difference only (Bundle price-SM1 purchase price as per Apple documentation)

Thank you!

• @israelite said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@israelite said:
    Yes please! Visual interface is quite important for some of us.

I know! But for us it's quite challenging to support multiple layouts (3 for iPad 9/10/11 and 3 for iPad 12.9. We might add separate layouts for iPad 11 as well since it has a different aspect ratio)

Apple's own tools is not sufficient for RAD (Rapid Application Development), so we had to develop our own internal cross platform framework. Here's a screenshot of our GUI Editor which is written with Microsoft Visual Studio (!)

On a Windows PC 😉

Apple for sure does not make things easier for developers with the countless screen ratios/sizes.
    We appreciate your work even more, because of this.

Imagine if this terrific developer had to deal with Android devices (which number in the tens of thousands of variants).

• Amazing...wav import....

Presumably this is a new purchase if you have version 1 like me?
    Thanks....

• @IOSSOS said:
    Amazing...wav import....

Presumably this is a new purchase if you have version 1 like me?
    Thanks....

Since we will introduce the SM1+SM2 app bundle, you won't pay the full price.

3. Sample playback: SynthMaster 2 can import multisamples. Loop points in WAV files are recognized. Rename your multisamples in multiple ways and import easily: a) note names only in a folder. The folder name will be the multisample name. C1.wav C2.wav C3.wav under Guitar folder for instance b) . format: Piano.C1.wav Piano.C2.wav for instance

I’m super stoked for this. 🤞

@aleyas said:
    This is really cool. Are more than 1 velocity layer supported? Or, is it possible to import one wav and designate different 'slice' points in the file? (each 'slice' triggered by either velocity, round robin, random, or modulators like step sequencers, etc)

When importing, multisamples, you can specify velocity regions like this:

a) by sequence number:

Piano.C1.1.wav
    Piano.C1.2.wav
    Piano.C1.3.wav

In this case, the velocity regions will be set between MIDI velocities: 0-47, 48-95, 96-127 (divided equally between 0-127)

b) by exact velocity ranges:

Piano.C1.0.63.wav
    Piano.C1.64.96.wav
    Piano.C1.97.127.wav

In this case, the velocity regions are specified in the files names: 0-63, 64-96, 97-127

We will introduce a sample/region editor in SynthMaster 3. First on the desktop (NAMM 2022 hopefuly), and iOS (Fall 2022)

Will there be a limit on the number of velocity layers?

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Will there be a limit on the number of velocity layers?

Nope. Just double checked the code before answering this :)

• @Approach said:
    For those that like presets SM2 has something like 4-5k if I remember correctly. I bought the Everything bundle almost a decade ago and it’s the gift that keeps giving. Even to this day new presets for SM1 are included along with the future SM3 I’m eagerly awaiting. Totally recommend if you use VSTs or AUs. SM2 is one of my go to synths because it’s so versatile.

That's blowing the mind. SM1 has over 1250 presets and it seems to be already enough.
    I hope there will be a button to choose a random preset :)

• OMG this looks fantastic. Would also love to join the beta. Could test it on my new iProd Pro 2021 that I’ll receive in some days.

• My question is “how close are we getting to a Serum beater on iOS?” 😁

• I’ll happily add myself to to possible beta list. Looks awesome! SynthMaster One is one of my favorite synths on iPad

• @KRPT said:
    My question is “how close are we getting to a Serum beater on iOS?” 😁

SynthMaster 2 is way more capable than serum, but it’s way more complex to program. So you really have to dig in this synth, serum is second to none in beginner friendly programming

• @Jusch1995 said:

@KRPT said:

SynthMaster 2 is way more capable than serum, but it’s way more complex to program. So you really have to dig in this synth, serum is second to none in beginner friendly programming

I don’t really know Serum, but doesn’t SynthMaster One basically do the same as Serum?

• edited May 2021

@kv331audio_bulent will presets from SMO will be transferable to SM2?

• @MAtrixplan said:
    @kv331audio_bulent will presets from SMO will be transferable to SM2?

and also please fix online presets download and informations about purchased packs in the IAP store. It this caused me to withdraw from the purchase any more banks. You really could purchase the apcks twice :(

• Will ist be a Multi-Out synth?

• edited May 2021

@FloRi89 said:

@Jusch1995 said:

@KRPT said:

I don’t really know Serum, but doesn’t SynthMaster One basically do the same as Serum?

Basically yes with some differences in details.
    Serums power is its interface and the way it handles wavetables.

SynthMaster 2 is another level of complexity. I see no sound serum can do that SynthMaster 2 can’t but a lot the other way around. Serum is just looking so good and has a super fast way to get specific sounds, that’s why it’s the most loved synth out there. Also there are so many tutorials soundbanks etc. for serum

IMO when SynthMaster 2 drops, there is synthwise no excuse to make competitive music on iOS ( although today SynthMaster one dose this job extremely well too, and not to mention all those great virtual analogs like zeeon,drc, Tal Uno etc)

There is a reason why a lot of big edm producers like Martin garrix, zedd etc. love sm2

• @kv331audio_bulent looks/sounds very cool but for those of us who feel SM1 already fulfils our needs ... does this mark the beginning of the end for SM1 or will you continue to maintain it? i.e. squashing bugs/ensuring ongoing iOS compatibility (I wouldn’t expect new features)

• edited May 2021

Probably worth clarifying that ‘Synthmaster One’ and ‘Synthmaster’ are actually different synths.

Synthmaster One was released after Synthmaster on the desktop and they exist side by side currently. Synthmaster 2 for iOS appears to be a port of the current desktop version, 2.9.

If I recall correctly, when Synthmaster One was released, Synthmaster didn’t do much in the way of wavetable synthesis (might have not done ‘traditional’ WT at all?). That’s changed now, but there’s no indication that this means Synthmaster One is being discontinued on desktop.

@kv331audio_bulent can correct me on any of this of course.

I use both desktop versions for different things. Big fan.

Looking forward to on the couch patch programming with Synthmaster 2!

• @MichaelRocketship said:
    Synthmaster One was released after Synthmaster on the desktop and they exist side by side currently. Synthmaster 2 for iOS appears to be a port of the current desktop version, 2.9.

If I recall correctly, when Synthmaster One was released, Synthmaster didn’t do much in the way of wavetable synthesis (might have not done ‘traditional’ WT at all?). That’s changed now, but there’s no indication that this means Synthmaster One is being discontinued on desktop.

Yep (y)

• @wired2moon said:
    @kv331audio_bulent looks/sounds very cool but for those of us who feel SM1 already fulfils our needs ... does this mark the beginning of the end for SM1 or will you continue to maintain it? i.e. squashing bugs/ensuring ongoing iOS compatibility (I wouldn’t expect new features)

Nope. BTW, when we release SynthMaster 3, it will be able to load SynthMaster One or SynthMaster 2 presets into its layers.

• @MAtrixplan said:
    and also please fix online presets download and informations about purchased packs in the IAP store. It this caused me to withdraw from the purchase any more banks. You really could purchase the apcks twice :(

No you can't, Apple doesn't allow that.

• @kv331audio_bulent Any ideas if SM2 can load wave tables? I keep trying this with SM1 but it seems to crash as soon as I crank the volume and play it.