Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

US Apple Store - Refurbished 2017 iPad Pros with headphone jacks available again (2021 May 11)

These haven't been available in months, at least directly from the US Apple Store.

Old and possibly outdated for many, but for those looking for native 44.1kHz sample rate, physical home button, and headphone jack, these are the last iPad Pros with those. 10.5" and 12.9". A10X and 4GB RAM.
https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/ipad/

Comments

• That's the one I've got. 12.9 version. A superb device.

• @cyberheater said:
    That's the one I've got. 12.9 version. A superb device.

Glad to hear you’re happy with this model. When it works properly I couldn’t recomend it enough either. Unfortunately for some reason this is the most defective device out of all the ipads I have. I have a refurbished model as well and it has been exchanged for a new refurb device 3(!) times by an authorized Apple reseller (no official Apple Stores in my country) with every device always giving me the same symptoms after some time of use. The touch on these ipads starts to malfunction after some time. It gets to the point when it’s starting to drive you nuts when you’re trying to do something on screen. This is my 4th ipad pro 2017 12,9 inch I have now and it’s the same story. I don’t know if I ever will get it exchanged for a properly working device. Shame.
    I also have a pro 12,9 inch. 2015, an ipad mini 4 and an ipad pro 9,7 that first one that came out and NONE of them have had any issues with the touch display.
    I’d be cautious when buying this model but then again maybe it’s just my luck. Although my friend who also has this 2017 ipad pro told me he’s also noticed that it becomes unresponsive to touch.
    Perhaps more people here have some comments and findings on this matter.

• I have a 12.9” pro that I bought in 2016 that also gets unresponsive to touch, but I discovered that it’s only when connected to the charger. Pull out the lightning connector and it’s fine again. I have since managed to avoid needing to charge while doing touch response critical tasks.

• I always buy off the refurb page. Same warranty, still eligible for AppleCare. Apple doesn't treat them any different than if you bought new. It just comes in a brown box instead of the white box with the picture of the device on the outside.
    If you lucky enough to know someone who works for them (apple), there's another 15% you can get off that refurb.

• Reading about this touch issue on these models is what stops me from buying the cheap ones I’m seeing on UK eBay, makes me lean towards getting an air 3, and living with the lower storage/screen size...

• @Krupa
    FYI
    I’ve seen reports / and experiencing touch related issues with my Air3. Only happens while charging, super annoying. Tried various cables/chargers, but couldn’t eliminate.
    Due to lockdown I missed my window to replace my device, but read about cases where replacement devices no longer had the issue.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    @Krupa
    FYI
    I’ve seen reports / and experiencing touch related issues with my Air3. Only happens while charging, super annoying. Tried various cables/chargers, but couldn’t eliminate.
    Due to lockdown I missed my window to replace my device, but read about cases where replacement devices no longer had the issue.

Also good to know, maybe that generation is best skipped, my other option is to hold out with my old Gen 1 9.7 until an M1 becomes irresistible, maybe after WWDC...

• For me the touch issue when plugged in only occurs when using a third party charger and cable. When using an official Apple charger and cable it doesn’t occur. It’s only a known software compatibility issue, not a hardware issue, at least for me. Wanted to throw that out there in case it helps someone else! 😎

• Definitely useful info, I use my iPad plugged in pretty much all the time as it connects to an ica4+ , either that or a really long lead on the couch...

• I would go for iPad Air 3
    not this pro...

button - check
    jack out - check...

• Curious if the official Apple-refurbished 2017 12.9" Pros were modified to fix the touch issues.

The early 2017 10.5" Pros could develop a 'white spot' on its display near the Home button due to clearance/pressure. The Air 3 used a 10.5" display as well, but the internals were modified to relief pressure in the area behind the display where the 'white spot' could form, though I did read a few reports about Air 3 'white spots'. Luckily, my two refurbished 10.5" Pros have been trouble-free.

• thanks for the heads up. headphone jack = life.
    i checked earlier and they had a few, now they just have a couple 10.5" 64GB. they go fast

But the regular iPad, brand new, still has a headphone jack ....and a newer chip, the A12. for $429.

Also, this surprised me, I recently checked out the apple trade-in value on my old iPad. which is a 5th gen ipad 9.7" and trade-in is $165. not bad. up to $500 for Pros.

fyi - u can't include a trade-in on refurbished items in the same transaction the way you can on new items, you have to do it separately. but still possible and worth considering.

• @marmakin said:
    For me the touch issue when plugged in only occurs when using a third party charger and cable. When using an official Apple charger and cable it doesn’t occur. It’s only a known software compatibility issue, not a hardware issue, at least for me. Wanted to throw that out there in case it helps someone else! 😎

Same for me. I have a 2017 10.5. Sometimes touching the iPad camera region that is not covered by my cases seem to ground it and solves the problem for a time.

• 2020 8th generation iPads started showing up today. Link
    2020 2nd gen iPad Pro 11s too. Link
    As well as 2020 4th gen iPad Pro 12.9s. Link
    2020 4th gen Airs - not yet.

• Too bad they don’t have the M1 chip.