Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help me spend $10 [Spent]

$10 left over from a gift card after buying Pure Piano. Spend it on…
I have already:
Auria Pro and Fabfilter IAP’s, Cubasis 2, Ravenscroft, Beathawk and some orchestral IAP’s, Audiobus 3, AUM, Multitrack DAW, Moog synths with no IAP’s, SynthMaster One and Player with a few IAP’s, Gadget with almost all IAP’s, Module with the older IAP’s, TB EQ reverb Morphit and barricade, EOS 2, Rozeta, kosmonaut, perforator, Ruismaker and FM. Might be at app “saturation”!

Leaning toward Xequence keyboard and pads. Or a Brambos app…

Comments

• If you really want something to get your teeth into, MiRack is pretty amazing.

• I recommend 10 copies of this:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/desert-bus/id470288016
    post 9 of them in the "pledge an app" thread

• There’s so many apps! Mirack is a beast

• SunVox and 4 copies of Desert Bus

• edited May 2021

Hold on to it until you’re working on something and say to yourself “I wish I had a ________ right now”.

I know. I’m no fun. ;)

Otherwise, maybe say a bit about the kind of music you make and how you make it? There’s like a universe of stuff out there for $10 but its utility will depend on what you’re aiming to do.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    SunVox and 4 copies of Desert Bus

Give me your boss’s email. I’m going to write him a very nice letter about you. You deserve a promotion.

• Get Gauss if you don’t have it yet.

• @syrupcore said:
    Hold on to it until you’re working on something and say to yourself “I wish I had a ________ right now”.

I know. I’m no fun. ;)

Otherwise, maybe say a bit about the kind of music you make and how you make it? There’s like a universe of stuff out there for $10 but its utility will depend on what you’re aiming to do.

+1

• I've noticed you use a few different production environments, such as Gadget, Auria Pro, AUM, etc. Let's see...if you need a solid mastering limiter that's universal and isn't so pricey, TB Barricade for $12.99 is It mate. It's very much comparable to FabFilter's Pro-L2.

Then again, you can't go wrong with a Beathawk sample pack either to be fair, lol.

• Looking at Guass…looks interesting. What do you like about it?

I gravitate making piano based downtempo, cinematic, ambient genres

https://jonmcmillan.bandcamp.com/releases

• I think you'd enjoy Gauss then, I'd also recommend it :)

• My thoughts about Guass:
    1. Recording several loops (like Looper L7) is possible, or just one loop and keep overdubbing?
    2. I might be to “timeline locked” and struggle with it?

• @echoopera did a video hosting multiple Gauss instances in Drambo
    See how fun it is

And @Gavinski did the premiere video, whish is awesome

I agree... This app would be my recommendation :wink:

• edited May 2021

Gauss it is! Watched above demo’s (and Sound Test Room’s) and thought it looked like fun!

• great choice! Gauss is by far my app of the year, if not one of my favorite and most used tools of all time.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    great choice! Gauss is by far my app of the year, if not one of my favorite and most used tools of all time.

Same here, most used app. I get and review ta lit of apps, very very few make it into regular rotation like this one did

• So much praise about Gauss... I guess it was a too quick decision to delete it after the first purchase.