Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Circuit tracks with IOS

I picked up a CT recently and I’m enjoying playing with it. I’m somewhat new to synths - mostly a guitar player that’s been messing with other tech for looping/noodling.

I have the iPad and a bunch of apps and a korg controller. What I’m wondering is whether this circuit tracks makes sense. IOS is such a huge ecosystem and the controller lets me do quite a bit. At the same time, the CT is fun to play.

(And I’ve become interested in OP-1s but can’t get past the price point)

Is it worth bothering to keep the Tracks? Would it add to the IOS setup in a meaningful way or just become another toy?

Comments

• @ljholland said:
    I picked up a CT recently and I’m enjoying playing with it. I’m somewhat new to synths - mostly a guitar player that’s been messing with other tech for looping/noodling.

I have the iPad and a bunch of apps and a korg controller. What I’m wondering is whether this circuit tracks makes sense. IOS is such a huge ecosystem and the controller lets me do quite a bit. At the same time, the CT is fun to play.

(And I’ve become interested in OP-1s but can’t get past the price point)

Is it worth bothering to keep the Tracks? Would it add to the IOS setup in a meaningful way or just become another toy?

Integration is the key. Midi is the keyword. This link will give you some assistance in getting your Circuit up and going with your iPad or other synths.

Best thing about the circuit is the sequencer. Set up your drums and a track on the circuit and sequence the iPad from it or with it.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/novation-circuit-tracks-setup-guide/#MIDI

• Circuit is a perfect audiobus companion. Set audiobus to load sessions via program change and you can load them by pressing circuit project button. One press - all loaded!

Here’s an example of both working together in perfect harmony.

• That’s pretty cool. ^^^