Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

app similar to kaoss pad

Hello
I was thinking of getting another kaoss pad but ended up buying iPad. Now i'm looking for an app that is as much similar as possible. I like looping and effects in one place

I've also been looking for a simple app that has compressor effect, but all of them are pretty complciated

Can u suggest something?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• edited May 2014

Seems obvious but... iKaossilator? https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/korg-ikaossilator/id452559831?mt=8

Edit: as Oblique mentions below this is more like the Kaossilator than Kaoss (obviously, d'oh)

Plenty of synth apps have pad controllers included. Most of the KORG gear, Magellan, Nanostudio, iMINI are just a few.

• Turnado and LiveFX

• I've never really thought about this inquiry in-depth, but it's a good one. All the apps that have Kaoss Pad equivalents, off the top of my head, I can't think of any that could also be used as an X/Y MIDI controller for another app/synth/etc. I mean, Lemur can, but I want to think of one that wouldn't require making a template from scratch. I'm sure some app has this functionality, but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

Very specifically to the OP's inquiry, Turnado would be pretty close to ideal, not to mention Turnado's a really great app.

• Ikaossilator isn't really similar to a kaoss pad, it's more like a Kaossilator :-) turnado and live fx through AB into loopy make a pretty good kaoss pad. I've hardy touched my KP3 since I've had AB.

• Turnado with the template Turnadomatik can give you somenthing good, or even live fx is really good

• Ahh, I just remembered, if you get the MIDI Out IAP on Animoog, that will turn its X/Y pad into a controller for other MIDI devices.

Does Turnado have looping capabilities? I've never tried it for that.

• Getting ipad instead of kp3 may have been the best thing you have done in a while. The flexibility of the ipad totally blows kp3 out of the pond and as mentioned above turnado and live fx will pretty much seal the deal for ya. Welcome to ios music

• ... And tc11 reminds me a bit of kaossilator pro but way better.

• ...and now I want TC11. How's it compare to iKaossilator?

• @CalCutta said:
    I've never really thought about this inquiry in-depth, but it's a good one. All the apps that have Kaoss Pad equivalents, off the top of my head, I can't think of any that could also be used as an X/Y MIDI controller for another app/synth/etc. I mean, Lemur can, but I want to think of one that wouldn't require making a template from scratch. I'm sure some app has this functionality, but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

Very specifically to the OP's inquiry, Turnado would be pretty close to ideal, not to mention Turnado's a really great app.

TouchOSC but I can’t remember how to set it up...

• Turnado or ElasticFX? I got rid of my KP3+. I thought it was cool, but found it mostly not very good for me. At least the iOS stuff you can actually make your own custom sounds...

• The thread was from 2014 :tongue:

+1 For ElasticFX, maybe DFX when and if it gets some kind of sync

• @Korakios said:
    The thread was from 2014 :tongue:

+1 For ElasticFX, maybe DFX when and if it gets some kind of sync

Oh, oops I wasn’t paying attention. Someone revived it today. Damn, I wasn’t even using iOS in 2014. I started early 2015. I should go back to find posts from 2013-14 where the iPad was struggling to keep up and suggest getting an iPad Pro...

• @Dubbylabby just woke up. Forgive him. :D

• edited June 2018

@CracklePot said:
    @Dubbylabby just woke up. Forgive him. :D

Idk how I arrived to that... anyways, someone can help me to setup TouchOSC with Aum AUv3 fx?

Turnado and livefx doesn’t work with iPhone...

• LIVE FX is made to function like a Kaoss Pad Quad

• @robosardine said:
    LIVE FX is made to function like a Kaoss Pad Quad

Yep, quite unstable for a while now.

• edited June 2018

@Dubbylabby said:

@CracklePot said:
    @Dubbylabby just woke up. Forgive him. :D

Idk how I arrived to that... anyways, someone help me to setup TouchOSC with Aum AUv3 fx?

Turnado and livefx doesn’t work with iPhone...

Maybe @wim or @scottsunn could help you out. They have advised on using TouchOSC before and both seem to be true technical wizards.

• Doesn’t almost all KORG apps have kaoss pads?

I use ims20 a lot... so.. isn’t it this that you mean?

• I don’t use TouchOSC, but it’s just midi routing, so I might be able to help if you describe your midi setup.

Generally, I always set up the sending app to send to AUM and select a MIDI channel. Then in the AUM channel you want to control, select AUM Destination as the input. If needed, disable all but the channel you want.

Beyond that, I would need a description of what you’re connecting.

• @wim. Sorry, my mistake. :#

(But really, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend seeking your advice on any aspect of this iOS music puzzle. You are steeped in knowledge, for sure.)

• No problemo!

• Didn't Korg made (DJ) mixers with Kaoss Pad integrated for all channels? For the Kaoss Pad lovers the ultimate mixers I guess?

• Maybe @wim or @scottsunn could help you out. They have advised on using TouchOSC before and both seem to be true technical wizards.

TouchOSC is surprisingly easy, just a bit tedious. You will be deselecting all OSC stuff and enabling Midi for every control... Then choose a CC# and a channel, and you are off to the races! Unless you don't have a computer...

• i think korg synths have the kaoss pad built in

• @wim said:
    I don’t use TouchOSC, but it’s just midi routing, so I might be able to help if you describe your midi setup.

Generally, I always set up the sending app to send to AUM and select a MIDI channel. Then in the AUM channel you want to control, select AUM Destination as the input. If needed, disable all but the channel you want.

Beyond that, I would need a description of what you’re connecting.

I want to recreate LiveHD with touchOSC as control surface and some AUv3 inside AUM as fx (kymatica mostly) I should use the midi version of them? Never uderstood really how these work...

@scottsunn said:

Maybe @wim or @scottsunn could help you out. They have advised on using TouchOSC before and both seem to be true technical wizards.

TouchOSC is surprisingly easy, just a bit tedious. You will be deselecting all OSC stuff and enabling Midi for every control... Then choose a CC# and a channel, and you are off to the races! Unless you don't have a computer...

I hadn’t but now I get a win10 machine. Do you suggest to make a template (or edit the defaults) to remove the OSC data and enable midi messaging?

• edited June 2018

I hadn’t but now I get a win10 machine. Do you suggest to make a template (or edit the defaults) to remove the OSC data and enable midi messaging?

Yes, basically... But you don't really need the templates, except to edumuhcate yourself. Plus, the fun is making it exactly how you want. Don't be scared - open the editor and start right clicking and dropping the various modules in and have some fun! Again, this is super easy, way easier than I expected, and I am not that technically inclined... Node/Object based programming is super fun, like legos for the computer.

• Plus, there are plenty of 'multi' sliders, buttons, and knobs to speed up the process.

• opportunity lost... will some enterprising dev make one already, customers are waiting???

or will live fx get their act together?

• @kobamoto said:
    opportunity lost... will some enterprising dev make one already, customers are waiting???

or will live fx get their act together?

Well shit, I'll just start making TouchOSC templates if people will pay me for them... Hmmmm