Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3...quantise off?

Hello BM3 lovers,
Had a few crashes this morning during sample slicing...but it’s the quantise off that’s bugging me...does it work?
See screenshot....1/8 off set...but doesn’t do it...am I doing something wrong?
Surely the end of the blue midi notes should line up with grid?
Thanks.

Comments

• edited May 2021

Just checked and it doesn't fully work as expected.

The Note Off quantize use to work perfectly. Don't know what has happened to it?!

It extends 'short'(ie. shorter than the quantize value) to the nearest 'Quantize Sync' but...
    ...if you hold the note/pad longer than the 'Quantize Sync' it doesn't extend the event to the next 'Quantize Sync'.

Also noticed some other 'bugs' like pad names are not updated in the 'pattern editor' until switching between scene/pattern and if the bank-mixer was 'expanded' and new sounds where added to the bank the VU meters won't update until collapsing the bank-mixer and expanding it again.

To keep my sanity I'll stay away from BM3 for a while since even a short sitting reviled a handful of issues that are not yet fixed... (That have been know for very long time).

Hope you'll get it to work somehow, if not report it to Intua or something...

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

The Note Off quantize use to work perfectly. Don't know what has happened to it?!

It extends 'short'(ie. shorter than the quantize value) to the nearest 'Quantize Sync' but...
    ...if you hold the note/pad longer than the 'Quantize Sync' it doesn't extend the event to the next 'Quantize Sync'.

Also noticed some other 'bugs' like pad names are not updated in the 'pattern editor' until switching between scene/pattern and if the bank-mixer was 'expanded' and new sounds where added to the bank the VU meters won't update until collapsing the bank-mixer and expanding it again.

To keep my sanity I'll stay away from BM3 for a while since even a short sitting reviled a handful of issues that are not yet fixed... (That have been know for very long time).

Hope you'll get it to work somehow, if not report it to Intua or something...

Cheers!

Which issues do you refer to? Since the last update it works really well for me. Had no more issues.

• @Jusch1995 said:

>

Which issues do you refer to? Since the last update it works really well for me. Had no more issues.

Too many small things to mention, but most things work quite ok.

When doing lots of sampling and editing it's still a mess to do cleaun-up and delete all the temporary files that get left behind.
    Pad names do not update in the pattern editor unless switching between scene/pattern.
    VU meters do not update if new instruments are added to a bank while it's expanded.
    Note End Quantize is not working properly.

Then again it highly depends on what one is doing with BM3. I use it for mostly for sampling.

Thankfully it's a lot more stable now and doesn't randomly crash like it used to do a year or so ago :)

• @Samu said:

@Jusch1995 said:

>

Too many small things to mention, but most things work quite ok.

When doing lots of sampling and editing it's still a mess to do cleaun-up and delete all the temporary files that get left behind.
    Pad names do not update in the pattern editor unless switching between scene/pattern.
    VU meters do not update if new instruments are added to a bank while it's expanded.
    Note End Quantize is not working properly.

Then again it highly depends on what one is doing with BM3. I use it for mostly for sampling.

Thankfully it's a lot more stable now and doesn't randomly crash like it used to do a year or so ago :)

Yeah i dont sample that often with it. I use it more as a traditional Daw and it works great for me. On Paper Cubasis 3 should be way better for this, but i tried it with the new update and BM3 just gives me a better workflow. THough i would pay a lot for some really qualitiy updates (Or BM 4).

• @Jusch1995 said:

Yeah i dont sample that often with it. I use it more as a traditional Daw and it works great for me. On Paper Cubasis 3 should be way better for this, but i tried it with the new update and BM3 just gives me a better workflow. THough i would pay a lot for some really qualitiy updates (Or BM 4).

We'll have to wait and see what's cooking...
    ...hopefully some nice surprises :)

Cubasis 3 is slowly but surely maturing and I expect 3-4 updates before this year ends.
    We'll be lucky if we get another BM3 updates this year.

The most important thing is to find something that 'works'.

Cheers!

• Thanks Samu...
    Another bug....sample layers not displayed sometimes...
    It’s an incredible app though..
    Viewing the correct screen you want I do find confusing and frustrating though too....

• @IOSSOS said:
    Thanks Samu...
    Another bug....sample layers not displayed sometimes...

You can actually load two overlapping samples onto one layer so they both use the envelope & filter settings.
    Sometimes the sample name is show, sometimes not, depends on which sample has the longest name.

Another 'thing' that drives be bonkers when renaming a sample the pad to which it is loaded is not renamed, the pad is renamed when dragging a sample to it so it's just a matter of 'refreshing' the pad name when the sample changes but it's not done. Clearing a pad also retains the pads name.

Will stop now, don't need another head-ache...

• @Samu said:

Sounds like maybe they changed the quantization method to "nearest" rather than next. I'm guessing if a note is held to 1/2 the division or more it will snap to the next division.

• @IOSSOS said:
    Hello BM3 lovers,
    Had a few crashes this morning during sample slicing...but it’s the quantise off that’s bugging me...does it work?
    See screenshot....1/8 off set...but doesn’t do it...am I doing something wrong?
    Surely the end of the blue midi notes should line up with grid?
    Thanks.

How did you record them?

When I record with those settings, my note durations are quantized as expected. I tested this both tapping on the pads and recording from a MIDI keyboard.

Are you using the latest version of BeatMaker? What OS? What iPad?

Can you do a screen capture and post?