Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Digital Fasting

I'm going to try a "Digital Fast"... I'll be back on my brother's birthday.
I'm forced to do an intervention to re-program my brain with some old school habits.

Meditation is NOT out of the question... I have an app for that.

I'll share the results of my experiment on his birthday... it's in May and is a power of 2.

Comments

• There is no spoon.

• Good call, would love to do the same, my phone habits were already addictive before I threw this damn forum and my channel into the mix 👍

• I think, from what I've seen of your posts over the past few days, that you have become a little, um, frayed? Would that be fair? If so, and if that is the reason for your absence then I am glad that you have that awareness. I wish you good health and look forward to your return. :)

• I bet you’re back before the 16th ;)

• @McD said:

Meditation is NOT out of the question... I have an app for that.

It looks like the fast is broken before it started ;)

• Hope it is a fruitful fast!

• @mistercharlie said:
    I bet you’re back before the 16th ;)

How much? Let's make it interesting.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2021

@McD said:

@mistercharlie said:

Lol. How did it go? And more importantly, how are you?

• @McD said:

@mistercharlie said:

🛎

• @mistercharlie said:

@McD said:

@mistercharlie said:

🛎

I don't do emoji's... what's the Bell icon worth? $5, $10, $15?

• @McD said:

@mistercharlie said:

@McD said:

@mistercharlie said:

🛎

€1 is my maximum bet. I lose too often

• @mistercharlie said:

@McD said:

@mistercharlie said:

@McD said:

@mistercharlie said:

🛎

No bet. (I have already lost by the way...). But for €1 it's not worth finding a way to pay you.
    Maybe next fast we can negotiate something more motivating like a $10 iTunes gift card.
    I think $25 is the lowest amount offered via amazon.

This was a close call for me... Thank you for not playing.

• @McD said:

@mistercharlie said:

@McD said:

@mistercharlie said:

@McD said:

@mistercharlie said:

🛎

(I have already lost by the way...)

I noticed ;)

This was a close call for me... Thank you for not playing.

This is why I never win.

• @mistercharlie said:
    This is why I never win.

You have won a place of honor in my heart and mind.

Big whoop.

• I will tell you that the rest of the world is a piss poor diversion from this forum.
    But I'll reserve my findings until tomorrow.

With the exception of some streaming video services.

Meditation continues to elude me... what's going on in the real world has made it all
    but impossible to cultivate that habit.

• You missed 5 new tracks. Listen up!

• McDMcD
    edited May 2021

@LinearLineman said:
    You missed 5 new tracks. Listen up!

There was an upside to taking a break. That's probably 20-30 minutes I freed up to watch YouTube cat videos. I'll catch up in a few days. But I'm still "fasting"... I'm just easing back into full addict mode.

Since I didn't get much benefit from fasting other than being able to focus on my wife after surgery and not constantly checking my phone for new posts here. So, there was a benefit for her but I didn't:

1. learn the guitar fretboard
    2. learn spanish or
    3. write an epic orchestral "Duo Concerto for Contra-Basssoon and Piccolo" called the "Highs and the Lows of the Symphony".

Maybe next year.

I noticed you shipped the "Philosophers" and have slipped back into playing in bars. Come full circle as it were. Who knew you were that flexible. Like a cat.... you land on your feet.

Can you write a album dictated to the top Cat Video Stars?

• I do it all the time - once in a while I’ll just play piano or acoustic guitar and bury my head in a real book. Great for relaxing outside (except for the piano obviously).

• Damn you @McD I watched that whole cat video.

• Hate mobile phone, they are like a guy in the pub who wants your attention when your having a great conversation with a mate and they don’t know when to shut up.
    My ipad is a different matter, because of my arthuritus I can sometimes barely bloody walk, so I create on the ipad, music, animation, patterns, anything that ignites my head and helps me forget about the pain.
    Before digital I used the workshop and made stuff physically, everything from seven foot high robots to tiny top hat fancinators. But how would I keep my head occupied without my ipad? Its a tough call.
    Good luck with your fasting, you are a very creative guy so I wait with baited breath for your results.

• Am I missing something, how do you digital fast and watch cat videos on YT and use a meditation app? @McD
    I am in need of a solid digital fast!!!

• @soundtemple, I recommend the liquid digital fast followed by a colonoscopy... oops, sorry... I forgot not everyone’s as old as I am.

• @LinearLineman I think I might be about due for a major service or at least a good long holiday in the sun by the beach doing nothing, not sure about the colonoscopy though lol!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @soundtemple, I recommend the liquid digital fast followed by a colonoscopy... oops, sorry... I forgot not everyone’s as old as I am.

Fast? That stuff works faster than anything else I ever tried…

• @soundtemple said:
    Am I missing something, how do you digital fast and watch cat videos on YT and use a meditation app? @McD

I should have been more explicit... I was blocking digital I/O with this forum. It's my
    huge time sync and without it I was able to attend better to what was happening around me.

Everything that's great about this forum was a negative for a week or so and needs to be better managed for the next few months.

I am in need of a solid digital fast!!!

Getting away to someplace with a slower clock would be very nice but not in the cards.