Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wotja 21 mega-update

Comments

• @UMCorps said:
    And in combination with a Follow generator you can make some very nice piano compositions, with the chorded generator taking the right hand part and the follower playing as the left hand.

Thanks, Mark! Here is the text you can copy and import into Wotja direct from clipboard (as a new mix...)

wotja://wj4UEsDBBQAAAAIAAAAIADev40y0wgAANUSAAAJAAAAbS5taXh0aWtslVdrk6LIEv0rHd4P_UXtKt7srHuDlwiKgoqvuxsGqDwUFQUUnNj_vlVoT2vvRDuXiK7KTLLqnMpKzOzvlW3lt_99r_hoBFUGVGG1IlWqRLUS7tLVcbs_xkG4eNuGeRpuorfY2SRvmjFXVzsjzOFcNpz1m1G8IKV-86lUySqostXK716-_eP3NzwiG1mt_MfzQPkglSrV61OpUgAhUrBKAlClCLScIrEBOQVpGv_29haFMd67vthv3_4bpRvClHnKHZ_95XZULIjo5K5BaAyosxaKkbvtnmZqlM0uIByN-mpn6IfmhWqbah4vWv3YIc41KRR8s9WPVi3Ld8YWr62FUFP7wVJVeC3UaqbEg9kkAKa_9zU5L2VNjTbmQMsRxmY66QdIDs31-bRUR9RSptqaJHClLInxTEZ8Qs2fqU0wHYJQW1NchyzxfoJt_Co2-Ap7sRsls8ENW_rANgYA9nYG1GQt7V7iS7cQ8s7QZhYX21-qEXBVm9F3TeiSFjtQm7FD2tvFZHRaykmJUe47_AnG4A5DKnkXy3Ee3XiX8o13ccc7v8ZChwj3FotS_ncs1oqPML7aFzzsKwvP_OGj_9P9iTv_4mveizve2rN9qYd9Ze3LOPfu4xwKZ8T763sZCp-4CE9iruSPfFAcwy_55_e5jTgVzzkZj5zwmlAMpmQ_Xm5tzOHJeuvz-l-Ig_15Tf58zfRujfHE9_7Ojacx691_k4VweXIn9N2dXFCOPMupwvi8v_yEP4r5I_9fiOla-7zmV767wig-uHWf_FZ0pXvfZ3F6-KYBOvOzeyi64af9fyG23Qf-AsKx_GfnuL_v7kAgNdn-V2xnY5T_Kl_8iGnUPbnjEXBw_SrEy2ysJHpo5IacKrNxHs-IAMzQeuQfTyfifjqmT8uJ8e4znI1HqdZC9W_Xj9yQQneVn6ZEmk4nAq5xZ0NGfyUvvnBaUTr7-O2OZrgWkFpNQhxdNTqj2nB0UW1B9ZnGNZnBA4sHDncKFI_qdZUGyMDgVzSsQoZlWQIyf_1d_V5Ja7BsLRag7C0qqEf488-dvPKcLErru71z7RYI9Or3leetFmny4jRe4StqGm46ahwI1JDcfFEfsEs3pK0ksihaAnq06yAyu7DV5LHJ3Ito1LHdDenMJZrAGafJ2mY7TmKdZfM82rPGOdlOaDDOArsXxlGTbg_TzGbVJmnRx45y6pyicSqlx0FrGoTd7lLfN9drmVwmkkwdDE7OF3StCUx9PSnmLWtLe0dCMNTA8C6kUtsVF6t3WJNdNnesttM1B-MsTkdp7ls8DK1wvNiKa8JK3BlxDkPvsN7rwaJtTJkwOXSiziXftkARhVarP-BG_dEwOhstiz17Hn92eJ3cn2yNddOD6acZSMx0obC2Myiao4BM2-DgToMMqLQxEDNxN9nEoFkg3egspY0_bEu1yymLmUN8GDr2uJ2x00lGwsm8113x_VMfBnrL6jWt4UwpNrFkroTJcRhPqbEC2-Sy5o-swVmRUGhtHF_pNqxiKsg9bJIZAd2BVF5N-YjC3XN_H-gOm6L_7qMI3TOWzjf_yl9_XzPomjmQYKvMp37yI62-7FO718yZD1ar5Vs_KNJgGy4-cg_y122Tl6jxCl7jxiuDsq_EyXZh-pI2XlMfmyEFQIOsyc42Xi1fsvgY-kH6knhE4wEeGTBqHDq7fe3mVUfGbxCQVKMG0czABkATRVwnqkEB_JpiGhTPYhNNNCAgaCwxDeb17Xbkckz--MEWYlrUO9t7l59_Ug-HWr--hOjAVVj_RlbrDEl-o9HEkBjt3ee4Oq2OLpFHGIgmStoMigKoow4ei7BBAqbOsiRW0HHqFEdgkUQieoNF6sObRiKEpQPzYWUb8F3kPkS-QYN3F4gRGaYUIQYhSpH44Q3JEprGIsajOYhFumRRWjEeB1ksYjzIYBaQw77XfXm8GQ45Q2A0lsTk8YnrZIlG4NOxVxGjAb4UMRrky2UYjaMpLGI0_iqy2MqVvhiNZEtf_gd1EuUUwGxJ2IAcjwV0LpqlydJIojCUAtUoA0fSDQ5PzHVCZ8ETd534cqLAdYLXqUwyhiKvE3U10g14f89xmC6CJAg9lMdlqgMEDMuURaf6BvDaBvphp6gyGACdimEh-iCob2VW3O_1kVdPEdh_AZSV4wpQYyiWBDz_FQJEt0RU6_TDYVaHzInC5B0HXUYdgZXb0nSjfvuq4FVgG8RVwKlH331p_2f14U3VT3NLEYSmovys-hxH3W7IJ2fFBEfrsBjP9lCdsLM246isK0RJZ3eK9wtSdPWho7uqvCdo1zrR7K5WRIQNC0LR8osarszevLupjXm2N2A7ZEqHRKB5-3jZ6h1tuaa3SXk1t9lu3Cr6s83RyPJxayjz2dbri6QzijTjsA8nM1fTVl7T91B70Y_NJJWCZN_JmzK9zztK1jN9XwrGSZYH6aGvQs7Wl1422ANblq2FSU0Vh-PEQzeaLImmcWkaQ2lCbzaiO6fZC2PRltjN_Jw4tpzDQFcXK5W89OZqDvttjytOi228hBCc-Y4x5lhP6y89LV86e7qw-STnqNNImhe6m1KnPbuOA9bNcv00Y3tEP5zzxA7OdjVjAFFlPHL7w1RaqH1gx4FiB6sB30H_4ZsE5L1MP7CHVi1Rcp0L9NW2z8zV2nw53YDlcKkczoSim825Z7RTDm7bUSqe1y2dZwrcXYJ8cPZ0eZdswixnvK1NrpJLrp8DPhgGU8P3eydtqhGilGuHbKrrctExBd0WU2Ae6CHPHzcrfZsx9DCQFDDNza508IJDu7DMTrNVbHJ1xPUPye48GRWrHndpbgnO7bjdYGWcirlrtBenHjlh5uxOPtWyzowfHVvSRlXWgda7HD21UwPOwvG8zh4UoBdyhofyURRQJW2WldO_Di3AORLZxNXYtnCubj7K8Ed1FgSVytwtH5SNXlPsiNb03UcU5AWu6MnN_0dJhmXVZcFVI94L9FUlH1XqUaUfVeZRZR9V7lHlH1UIPunwQ__r738AUEsBAgAAFAAAAAgAAAAgAN6_jTLTCAAA1RIAAAkAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAG0ubWl4dGlrbFBLBQYAAAAAAQABADcAAAD6CAAAAAA

Pete

• @UMCorps said:

Its as though Wotja was designed to make stuff super-easy to share :wink:

• @impete said:

Its as though Wotja was designed to make stuff super-easy to share :wink:

The golden age of this was when you could shorten them to 140 characters and embed them in a tweet. But that was in the days when Wotja files only had two single-cell tracks. I haven't found a way to get regular shorteners to work on wotja:// URLs, though there may be one.

• edited May 2021

Hi All.
    I'm trying to follow these instructions from the online documentation;
    "Tip: You can manually edit the Rule elements in the Default Rule or, for a fast change, first select the Default Rule in the list, then use the Action button and select one of the Rules in the Standard Rule values list to REPLACE the Rule elements with the those in that Rule."

Am I doing it wrong or is it a glitch in the matrix?

Niall

Edit: Windows 10

• @NiallD said:

Hi Niall!

Sorry about the delay in response, but we've been taking a few days off :smile:

The documentation should have said press the "+" button (in the bottom left of the Rule Editor window).

We'll get that fixed!

Best wishes,

Pete

• Super.
    Thanks Pete. I'm even happier that you got a break than knowing this works :)

• Another quick Q.
    Is there any plans for PC DAW plugins in the future?

• @NiallD said:
    Another quick Q.
    Is there any plans for PC DAW plugins in the future?

Hi Niall,

We'd like to be able to do that, but alas at the moment, this doesn't look to be possible.

The reason for this is that the Windows Store doesn't (currently...) allow distributions of Plug-ins (which would be VST format for Windows).

Hopefully Microsoft might yet change their policy at some point, in which case we could take another look at this.

Best wishes,

Pete

• @impete , sorry if this has been asked before. Does Wotja support midi out? Can I run it in AUV3 as a midi processor? Thanks!

• @Hursoom said:
    @impete , sorry if this has been asked before. Does Wotja support midi out? Can I run it in AUV3 as a midi processor? Thanks!

No problem, thanks for asking!

Yes, Wotja supports MIDI out - big-time! ...:

https://intermorphic.com/archive/wotja/19/faq/#midi

Wotja in AUv3 mode isn't a pure MIDI processor, but you can use it to respond to incoming MIDI events (using Listening Generators) and generate other MIDI events and/or Audio ...:

https://intermorphic.com/wotja/21/engine/ime/#ime-generator-listener

Hoping this helps!

Pete

• Heads up for those who also use Wotja on Mac desktop.

The latest update to Logic 10.7.n slipped in a major revision to how that DAW manages midi ports and channels which makes using multichannel generators like Wotja really simple to use in that setting.

A new, very short video on how to set things up is here

You might wonder why it took Apple so long to drag this bit of Logic into the 21st century. But at least we’re here now.

Note 10.7 is only for MacOS from Big Sur on.

• @UMCorps said:
    Heads up for those who also use Wotja on Mac desktop.

Many, many thanks Mark :smile:

Pete

• @UMCorps said:
    Heads up for those who also use Wotja on Mac desktop.

I was using the new Logic routing options the other day and remember half-thinking how it felt easier than before but it did not click at the time that they had actually added proper in/out routing now. Good that Apple have (finally!) added this feature. Thanks for highlighting this!

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

. Good that Apple have (finally!) added this feature. Thanks for highlighting this!

I only found it because I couldn’t find the “Demix by channel” option in settings any more. It’s a massive change to the way Logic has always done this thing but it kind of got lost in the update announcement. I think it was overshadowed by all the new Atmos related spatial audio support. But it’s a really big deal if you need anything other than the most basic midi setup.

• @impete Can we expect Wotja 22 in january?

• @Pierre118 said:
    @impete Can we expect Wotja 22 in january?

In a word - yes. It is going to be quite something :smile:

Best wishes,

Pete

• @impete said:

@Pierre118 said:
    @impete Can we expect Wotja 22 in january?

In a word - yes. It is going to be quite something :smile:

Best wishes,

Pete

Sounds promising!

• @Pierre118 said:
    Sounds promising!

We're certainly looking forward to finding-out what you all make of what we've done!

Work on Wotja 22 started in earnest way back in March (and has been going on alongside the development of Wotja 21) - there has been a great deal of work put into Wotja 22.

Pete

• I still experience crushing and Auv3 presets doesn’t work

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    I still experience crushing and Auv3 presets doesn’t work

Hi!

Which specific version of Wotja are you having problem with, and is it on iOS or macOS?

What do you mean, specifically, in terms of Presets? To be clear, Wotja doesn't make any Presets available through it's AUv3 interface.

Best wishes,

Pete

• @impete said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    I still experience crushing and Auv3 presets doesn’t work

Hi!

Which specific version of Wotja are you having problem with, and is it on iOS or macOS?

What do you mean, specifically, in terms of Presets? To be clear, Wotja doesn't make any Presets available through it's AUv3 interface.

Best wishes,

Pete

Hi Pete.
    Thnx for the reply. I use the latest pro wotja with iPad 6th generation.
    Is there ever a chance the Auv3 preset will work 8n the future?

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    Hi Pete.
    Thnx for the reply. I use the latest pro wotja with iPad 6th generation.

Thanks. Can you please tell me exactly what you do to make the software crash?

Is there ever a chance the Auv3 preset will work 8n the future?

No - the Wotja User Interface isn't well suited to an AUM Preset approach, as it is focused on a very different approach to most plugins: it is focused on User Documents (Mixes, Albums, Playlists).

Best wishes,

Pete

• We hope to be ready to announce Wotja 22 in a few days :smile:

Pete

• @impete I've bought Wotja for several years and only lightly touched its capabilities. 2022 looks to be the year of Wotja.

• @audiblevideo said:
    @impete I've bought Wotja for several years and only lightly touched its capabilities. 2022 looks to be the year of Wotja.

I very much hope so :smile: - 30 years on, we're still trying to perfect what we do! :wink:

The Wotja 22 launch announcement should arrive tomorrow!

Best wishes, Pete

• 8b. Using Chording

take the output from 8a

Please show how to do that. Are there a video? Or just a screenshot.

• @Wotja said:

8b. Using Chording

take the output from 8a

Please show how to do that. Are there a video? Or just a screenshot.

Hi! - (folks, just so you know: user "Wotja" isn't Tim or Pete from Intermorphic, but is another AudioBus forum user!)

https://intermorphic.com/wotja/tutorials/

What that means, is:

• follow the steps in 8a.
    • once you've done that, take that as the starting point for the steps in 8b.
    • there is no video or screenshot for "Trail 1 - A gentle meander", as it is a text-only tutorial.

With best wishes,

Pete

• change the sound by tapping the Synth button attached to the right of your Generator, and press "Preset" button to select a sound you like; then press OK

Please show where this button is.