Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - May 2021

What is the Song of the Month Club?

It's a place where musicians come to give and receive feedback on their work. Anyone is welcome, whatever their level of ability.

The spirit of the club is to contribute: if you submit a song for others to comment on, you should also have the courtesy to listen to everyone else's contributions and give as much feedback as possible. Posting a track and not listening and commenting on others is not cool.

The purpose of feedback is to be honest. Essentially you should give your truthful impressions of the song, whether good or bad. Negative feedback, if done in the right spirit and with courtesy, can be the most useful and can help the artist to grow and improve and correct their mistakes.

All submissions are welcome, don't hesitate if you want to contribute. We like all kinds of music and we are particularly fond of vocals (but of course we still love a great instrumental). If you are thinking of experimenting with vocals this is a good place to get started.

We ask that you only post one song per month in this thread - if you're lucky enough to be able to produce more, then please just submit your strongest material

And finally, iOS is not a requirement for posting here. If you've recorded your song using nothing but a ukulele and a Fostex 4 track, that's fine

Comments

• My entry for the month:

• Once again, I used the Launchpad app to create the music. And for this one, I used the Future Tech House Soundpack.

It’s titled Passport.

• edited May 2021

This month a new music with CAAt Claw.
    We could translate "Goutte à goutte" "Drop by drop" ?

Photo by Isabelle Bagdassarian

• @Kitusai said:

This is wonderful.

Much shorter in duration than I'd hoped for. The whole track carried me along in a joyous, buoyant wave. I was expecting some drum patterns to emerge.

Did you have intentions to expand on this track?

Much like your track Découverte, Goutte a Goutte finishes too quickly before it can rapturously begin. But it kept me engaged from start to the abrupt finishes....

I listen to Tom Ravenscroft on BBC 6 Music and most of your tracks would fit snuggly within the lovely warm hugs of noise he lovingly distributes.

• @DavidEnglish said:
    Once again, I used the Launchpad app to create the music. And for this one, I used the Future Tech House Soundpack.

It’s titled Passport.

Sparse and percussive, R2D2 doing a DJ set on the Millenium Falcon.

• @Kitusai said:

The guitar is particularly beautiful, and the vocal is also excellent of course. The minimal arrangement works very well, with the organic handclaps and percussion behind the voice and guitar.

• Just my contribution

• edited May 2021

I wrote this last year when BLM and George Floyd where on the news. I proposed it to my band but they were reluctant because they thought it might get mis-interpreted when played on stage.
    I have a full band arrangement but this is just guitar and vocals.
    Still rough around the edges.
    Thanks for listening.

• @supadom said:
    I wrote this last year when BLM and George Floyd where on the news. I proposed it to my band but they were reluctant because they thought it might get mis-interpreted when played on stage.
    Thanks for listening.

Clap your hands

• @Kitusai said:

Photo by Isabelle Bagdassarian

Loved this one. Very FIP Monde!
    If I had one suggestion it would be to break it down somewhere and either drop the dynamics to very quiet or have a different chord to get away from the guitar riff which can grind a little. The tune is short I’m sure you can add a section in there somewhere. You could also bring a big fluffy kick to build up towards the end and overdub those claps for more energy. These are creative choices though so might not be what you want.

Good overall sound though, well done.

• @Overdosed_Ape said:

Just my contribution

Nice textures and a very chill track. The ending is somewhat abrupt, and kinda takes you out of the trance though :)

• @supadom said:
    Thanks for listening.

Good performance, and I particularly like the tone of the hollowbody/acoustic it's lovely and full. The playing and fingerpicking are great and the vocal is solid as well.

I don't think there's any ambiguity in the theme of the song BTW, I doubt it would be misinterpreted as being racist. Having said that there are plenty of people who managed to misinterpret Born In The USA or everything ever recorded by Rage Against The Machine...

• @richardyot said:

@Overdosed_Ape said:

Just my contribution

Nice textures and a very chill track. The ending is somewhat abrupt, and kinda takes you out of the trance though :)

Sorry...it’s cause I wanted to take part this month and wanted it not too long without any serious changes and didn’t listen to the rendering before upload 😅

• edited May 2021

@richardyot said:

@supadom said:
    Thanks for listening.

Good performance, and I particularly like the tone of the hollowbody/acoustic it's lovely and full. The playing and fingerpicking are great and the vocal is solid as well.

I don't think there's any ambiguity in the theme of the song BTW, I doubt it would be misinterpreted as being racist. Having said that there are plenty of people who managed to misinterpret Born In The USA or everything ever recorded by Rage Against The Machine...

Yeah it would be like saying the fly of the Albatros from lakomy is in any kind propaganda for the gdr.

• @Overdosed_Ape said:

@richardyot said:

@supadom said:
    Thanks for listening.

Yeah it would be like saying the fly of the Albatros from lakomy is in any kind propaganda for the gdr.

Phew, great weight off my chest ;)

• @richardyot said:

@supadom said:
    Thanks for listening.

Ha yes, delicate world we’re living in. It’s probably mostly men though. Apparently predominantly women listen to verses. Most of men just listen to choruses. 😂

• @supadom said:

@Overdosed_Ape said:

@richardyot said:

@supadom said:
    Thanks for listening.

Dieting with big issues can help 😉

• @Overdosed_Ape said:

@supadom said:

@Overdosed_Ape said:

@richardyot said:

@supadom said:
    Thanks for listening.

I know, it was tongue in cheek.
    I think many problems would solved instantly if people were forthcoming and honest with each other. Probably some other issues would result from it though! ;)

• @Overdosed_Ape said:

@supadom said:

@Overdosed_Ape said:

@richardyot said:

@supadom said:
    Thanks for listening.

Lol I actually realized the last 3 comments...is like talk past each other. So this kind of conversation, already dies in the Intension. Maybe that’s good for you...don’t know

• @Overdosed_Ape said:

@Overdosed_Ape said:

@supadom said:

@Overdosed_Ape said:

@richardyot said:

@supadom said:
    Thanks for listening.

Lol I actually realized the last 3 comments...is like talk past each other. So this kind of conversation, already dies in the Intension. Maybe that’s good for you...don’t know

Don’t worry about it. We’re just having a fairly insignificant conversation in an obscure corner of the internet.

Yes it’s good for me. I think there’s too much drama in this world as it is.

• @supadom said:

@Overdosed_Ape said:

@Overdosed_Ape said:

@supadom said:

@Overdosed_Ape said:

@richardyot said:

@supadom said:
    Thanks for listening.

Don’t worry about it. We’re just having a fairly insignificant conversation in an obscure corner of the internet.

Yes it’s good for me. I think there’s too much drama in this world as it is.

👍

• This is my first time releasing a song publicly. I am not satisfied with the mix but if I wait until I’m satisfied i will never release anything.

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month:

Nice song Richard. Such great production. Hopefully I get there eventually.

• @ecou
    “New Normal Melancholy” - I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. I’m a big fan of John Carpenter’s music and this sounds very much like something from his repertoire. Nice movements and style changes along the way. Any notes on what was used in this production?

@richardyot
    "Caught Up in the Wind" - Very much the sound and style of Richard that I have heard before. Nice arrangement and songwriting. I like the vocals going up the register towards the end. That really energised the track for me. Top-notch work as usual.

@Kitusai
    "Goutte à goutte" - Fantastic production here. The vocals, the guitars and the percussion (real claps and all ?) and that haunting backing worked really well together. For me it sounded at the same time whimsical and tension-filled. Very, very nice!

@Overdosed_Ape
    "Der Kunde und das Stroh" - Interesting movement and textures. This sounds to me like it could be the background music to a scene in a movie. I wish it had more structure though or at least a well-defined ending. Other than that I liked it very much.

@supadom
    "Black Man" - Lovely guitar sound and your vocals were very pleasing. I think the song is a bit long. The style is very familiar though I cannot name it but I like it very much. A full band arrangement would sound great I think.

Thank you for sharing your creations. :smile:

• @ecou said:
    This is my first time releasing a song publicly. I am not satisfied with the mix but if I wait until I’m satisfied i will never release anything.

Pretty cool, I like the guitar-like sound (is it a real guitar, you listed as synthwave but it definitely sounds like guitar track to me).

The lead lines create a great atmosphere and I like the interweaving melodies between them.

The only thing I would change is the snare sound, which is a bit too clippy and monotonous for me, I would prefer an acoustic snare but that could be personal preference.

Good job though.

• @spyrogaia said:
    @ecou
    “New Normal Melancholy” - I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. I’m a big fan of John Carpenter’s music and this sounds very much like something from his repertoire. Nice movements and style changes along the way. Any notes on what was used in this production?

Thank you @spyrogaia, I do enjoy John Carpenter music.

I used Cubasis 2 to produce
    Synths: Zeeon , Sunrizer, Poison 202
    Samples : Beathawk
    Drums : Cubasis Classic machines

• @richardyot said:

@ecou said:
    This is my first time releasing a song publicly. I am not satisfied with the mix but if I wait until I’m satisfied i will never release anything.

Pretty cool, I like the guitar-like sound (is it a real guitar, you listed as synthwave but it definitely sounds like guitar track to me).

The lead lines create a great atmosphere and I like the interweaving melodies between them.

The only thing I would change is the snare sound, which is a bit too clippy and monotonous for me, I would prefer an acoustic snare but that could be personal preference.

Good job though.

@richardyot I appreciate your comments

Yes it is real clean and distorted guitar thru @NembriniAudio guitar amps.

Some synthwave have guitar in them even if it is less commun. The clean guitar was my Sisters of mercy influence coming thru.

I agree that the snare could use a better sound in retrospect.

• @Kitusai such a relaxing song. Qui est la dame à la belle voix?

Do I hear reversed guitar near the end?

• @supadom nice performance and the guitar sounds great. You should make your own band arrangement for the song. Like Richard who does the whole band arrangement.

• @ecou said:
    The clean guitar was my Sisters of mercy influence coming thru.

I was a teenage goth so that's an influence I can respect 🤟