Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis v3.3 Update Review

The new Cubasis v3.3 is out! Some of the new features include: AUv3 Multi Out, Sidechaining, Midi Learn and more. We got our hands on an early beta version and put it through its paces. Checkout our review of the new updates and tell us what you think!

Comments

• Nice, clear and to-the-point demo of new features. Thank you

• Woah Dayum! That is a juicy one!

• Great review, and great update.

• even after today’s update. i’m still having audio quality issue when using bluetooth headphones. does anyone else have this issue. even when using apple airpod pros. it’s so strange maybe i need to reboot my phone after the update

• @eross said:
    even after today’s update. i’m still having audio quality issue when using bluetooth headphones. does anyone else have this issue. even when using apple airpod pros. it’s so strange maybe i need to reboot my phone after the update

Did you go into settings -> Audio and enable "Bluetooth / AirPlay". Because if I don't do that, it will send over the talk part of my headset with very low audio quality.

• @ka010 This update killed MM-1 mute master

• Super cool ! Thanks !

• I had dumped Cubasis in favor of Zenbeats and Auria.
    I have to say this update is pretty huge.

• sidechaining is very comprehensive and straight forward. Best implementation in iOS by far. Excellent.
    • automation seems to work well. Unlike Zenbeats (and Auria) it records movement on the plugins ui, even external ones (tried with Alteza). Editing automation seems a lot more fluid than on Zenbeats or Auria.
    • Group tracks!. A must. Auria still leads with buses. I guess buses are considered “advanced” and they probably seem confusing. But there’s very easy and common use cases, like wanting to create a send effect to, say, a chorused reverb... it really opens up a whole new game. Groups, internally are somehow using buses, expanding this would get iOS closer to desktop “pro” daws.

With this update I have to say Cubasis is looking like a very solid option. Up until this update I thought it was way over rated. If it had a clip mode (ala Ableton) like Zenbeats...

• @FloRi89 said:

@eross said:
    even after today’s update. i’m still having audio quality issue when using bluetooth headphones. does anyone else have this issue. even when using apple airpod pros. it’s so strange maybe i need to reboot my phone after the update

Did you go into settings -> Audio and enable "Bluetooth / AirPlay". Because if I don't do that, it will send over the talk part of my headset with very low audio quality.

yeah, tried this, and but it does the s
    same thing it always has. very low quality audio, regardless if this mode in engaged or not.

• It still needs time signature mixing .. (odd bar insertion here and there ).

• Whoa, this update is absolute fire! Super excited to see this.

• @MobileMusicPro
    Great review ! Thanks !

• I have the new update ( thank you for your review that made me aware), but there seem to be problems with MIDI recording?
    I am not sure if this was possible in the previous version, but I cannot seem to turn of the quantization (anymore?).
    That makes recording things in a resolution smaller than 1/64 or simply free and unquantized impossible.
    Or am I missing something?
    Cubasis seems to be able to handle it though as it works fine with an instance of Atom piano roll (unquantized).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:

@janpieter said:
    I have the new update ( thank you for your review that made me aware), but there seem to be problems with MIDI recording?
    I am not sure if this was possible in the previous version, but I cannot seem to turn of the quantization (anymore?).
    That makes recording things in a resolution smaller than 1/64 or simply free and unquantized impossible.
    Or am I missing something?
    Cubasis seems to be able to handle it though as it works fine with an instance of Atom piano roll (unquantized).

Just tried that out and unquantized recording seems ok here.. hmm.

Thank you for checking! I’ll fiddle around a little more..

• @FloRi89 said:

@eross said:

Audio over bluetooth can be tough when it comes to using music production software on iOS, I've had issues myself plus I see people with issues every day. Because of this I never ever recommend people use audio over bluetooth when producing on the iphone or ipad, however MIDI over bluetooth seems to cause no issues.

• @MobileMusicPro said:

@FloRi89 said:

@eross said:

Audio over bluetooth can be tough when it comes to using music production software on iOS, I've had issues myself plus I see people with issues every day. Because of this I never ever recommend people use audio over bluetooth when producing on the iphone or ipad, however MIDI over bluetooth seems to cause no issues.

true bluetooth audio, is not great. but it is doable. is so odd to me that I can use many , apps in Aum, nanostudio, beatmaker 3 etc. with no audio issue with bluetooth headphones. bud cubase 3 has always had issues. so weird

• edited May 2021

@eross said:

@MobileMusicPro said:

@FloRi89 said:

@eross said:

true bluetooth audio, is not great. but it is doable. is so odd to me that I can use many , apps in Aum, nanostudio, beatmaker 3 etc. with no audio issue with bluetooth headphones. bud cubase 3 has always had issues. so weird

it’s called “ Karma “ 🤣 …

AUMMMMMM

• @MobileMusicPro said:

@FloRi89 said:

@eross said:

Main problem here for me is latency, it's just god aweful over bluetooth with my headphones.

• @FloRi89 said:

@MobileMusicPro said:

@FloRi89 said:

@eross said:

Main problem here for me is latency, it's just god aweful over bluetooth with my headphones.

depends on the bluetooth headphones. my airpod pros don’t have a lot of latency( still noticeable) but the skull candy earbuds i had before that where horrible. super slow latency. lol