Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SWAM CELLO - VIOLA - VIOLIN - DOUBLE BASS OUT NOW

1235»

Comments

• @Gavinski said:
    B)Hell no, sorry to say that GeoSwam does not remotely compare. Bow Polyphony, pizzicato etc make these far more versatile.

Balance the analysis:
    I’m at a hospital waiting room. GeoShred works on my phone.

That’s a good reason to want the SWAM PRODUCT.

GeoShred comes up with 6 presets and some extra downloadable presets that are ready to run in GeoShred which of course runs in DAW’s too. Important for the technically challenged.

The presets in GeoShred sound “out of the box” better than the default SWAM. I like having both... it’s not an “or” question for me. I also own 7 DAW’s and each teaches me something... oops. 8 DAW’s.

You show the product through a filter of your values and seek to define “best” so what’s the best car? It’s relative to requirements and let the buyer beware.

• I made something with the swam plugins. Really really love them. Combined together with the volume fader and gauss I like how they inspire me

• @louis said:
    So happy I never bought those GeoSwam apps. Seemed like such a scam, never got a convincing answer from them why I should invest in those, or why I would want them after their own apps come out.

I mean think about it, those GeoSwam presets were $15 a piece, and now they are essentially worthless and obsolete after like, what, 8 months or something? That's fucked. Fingers crossed I can still use these (unquestionably amazing) new apps for more than a few years

What are you taking about ?
    GeoSwam instruments are brilliant and will stay so. I have never achieved to get a setup as good and expressive with SWAM + GeoShred midi out (or whatever controller app) as I can directly with GeoSwam.

• @NeuM said:

@FriedTapeworm said:
    Strings bundle should be $64.99 USD as intro price, and $94.99 full price.

I received an email from Audio Modeling this morning describing a strings bundle, but it’s still not in the App Store.

Yes, and the email says also the Brass should be on sales again until May 30.

• The email says the strings bundle is still under approval. I'm not knocking geoshred btw at all. I'm just answering the question of whether the swam non-geo cello / violin etc are worth getting if you a Lees have geoshred and in my view they are, certainly if you are playing with an actual mpe controller

@david_2017 nice one

• McDMcD
    edited May 2021

@louis said:
    So happy I never bought those GeoSwam apps.

You missed some great instruments... and the best MPE controller on IOS.

Seemed like such a scam, never got a convincing answer from them why I should invest in those, or why I would want them after their own apps come out.

You probably hated the SWAM apps in ROLI Noise then. You couldn’t use then in the AUv3 or IAA instances. Ouch.

I mean think about it, those GeoSwam presets were $15 a piece, and now they are essentially worthless

Not if you have an iPhone. GeoShred is universal and comes with a controller and FX to do apps and echoes and more. The tenor sax is legendary.

and obsolete after like, what, 8 months or something? That's fucked. Fingers crossed I can still use these (unquestionably amazing) new apps for more than a few years

The new SWAM are fir the super techies that can control the parameters. A non-tech will just get frustrated or have a piss poor experience controlling it with a basic keyboard.

Life is full of trade offs and all 3 SWAM products have their benefits to me and I do nit regret feeding them for more instruments.

Oh yes... Jordan Rudess’es beard is making the best of a bad hand of cards.

“Weak Chins” was the worst Bruce Lee movie.

• @McD said:
    The new SWAM are fir the super techies that can control the parameters. A non-tech will just get frustrated or have a piss poor experience controlling it with a basic keyboard.

This is something that is making me hesitant to buy, despite being really interested in these.
    For someone who doesn't own an external hardware MPE controller, what would be the best option for controlling these (both brass & strings) from an iPad to take advantage of the extra parameters?

I also don't mind taking time to edit CCs to get a more realistic sound, but do these apps really need to be 'played' in real-time for best effect?

• @busker said:
    I also don't mind taking time to edit CCs to get a more realistic sound, but do these apps really need to be 'played' in real-time for best effect?

GeoShred is perfect for these apps. It takes some effort to master it but it's worth it for the realism. For fast notes any sequencer will do the trick. It's the slow romantic styles that require a great MPE controller to do the vibrato, glides, etc.

They are stunning instruments even with a basic sequencer driving them but that's often when they might sound a bit automated but editing the sections that are obviously weird is
    par for the course. It's usually driving the instrument into the upper notes that makes it sound wack. Don't do that.

I'd start with the cello if you dig Yo-yo Ma and Violin if it's Heiffitz. The Double bass is ideal for anyone craving a good jazz bass player that can bow too. In the upper ranges the bass can do some cello like solos.

• Yes, Geoshred (either Pro or Play version) works as a good midi controller to play these swam apps virtually from your ipad screen in real time. My preference with geoshred is to use the right hand for playing the notes and the left for controlling expression. You don't in this case need any kind of external keyboard whether mpe or regular midi. But certainly they are nice to use with external mpe controllers

• McDMcD
    edited May 2021

@Gavinski said:
    Yes, Geoshred (either Pro or Play version) works as a good midi controller to play these swam apps virtually from your ipad screen in real time. My preference with geoshred is to use the right hand for playing the notes and the left for controlling expression. You don't in this case need any kind of external keyboard whether mpe or regular midi. But certainly they are nice to use with external mpe controllers

I use the right hand for playing notes and reserve the left for "self expression". Another reason I don't make incriminating videos and post them online. It's not wise to have a live mic when I'm generating a new climax. I truly love my music like my own self.

I created this using the MusicKraken "Mouth Open" controller using an oral interface:

IMG_2C4345289FB2-1.jpeg

It's like licking the Cello.

Sorry, sports fans... YouTube has banned me from my own channel so no video. @Gavinski will probably avoid this rookie error and not demo MusicKraken and pocket the $10 I spent on my art.

• Hi guys, just to echo what you are all saying about there being a bundle on the way.. I saw this in the comments section of a recent YouTube post by AudioModeling...

(although I don't know which apps are included in the bundle).. I don't think anyone knows yet...

• Sorry, still confused; can I or can’t I use a sequencer like FM, Riffer or SPA to trigger the SWAM cello in AUM? If yes, I’ll probably buy it. If not, I probably won’t. :smiley:

• edited May 2021

@Kashi said:
    Sorry, still confused; can I or can’t I use a sequencer like FM, Riffer or SPA to trigger the SWAM cello in AUM? If yes, I’ll probably buy it. If not, I probably won’t. :smiley:

You can. Most are just saying the realism will be lacking, or rather, the fullness of realism that can be produced cannot be achieved that way alone.

• OK, gotcha. Thanks @mjcouche !

• _ki_ki
    edited May 2021

The bundle with all 4 SWAM String instruments is out. In germany it‘s 69,99€ instead of 4x 21.99€ :)

• I was worried they wouldn't give me credit for the Cello I already purchased BUT I'm glad to
    announce: I picked up the 3 others for $15 each in the discounted bundle purchase. So, I got all 4 for $20 (Cello) and $45 for the Violin, Viola and Bass. That's an effect discount of 18.75%.

• They've also removed the betas early, which is fair enough – they didn't do this with the brass, which was very welcome, but in this case all the bundled instruments had betas and they risked cannibalising their own sales.

• @McD said:

I was worried they wouldn't give me credit for the Cello I already purchased BUT I'm glad to
    announce: I picked up the 3 others for $15 each in the discounted bundle purchase. So, I got all 4 for $20 (Cello) and $45 for the Violin, Viola and Bass. That's an effect discount of 18.75%.

Great! I filled out my set with the Viola and Double Bass. Nice.

• @espiegel123 said:

Also, when playing multiple instances, one wants to make sure that each instrument is set up a bit differently not just with the parameters like vibrato but also the timbre. Our ears are subconciously pretty sensitive to this -- that's why when Jimmy Page has those big guitar arrangements, each guitar will have very different settings.

I learned this from Dick Grove: Good string parts will load up multiple players on a single melody. It’s better to have twelve violins playing in unison than to write a triad with only four players per note. The triad will sound good but the unison will sound great. He also taught us never to put fewer than four violins on a line, budget permitting. Ideally you want at least eight violins per note to get that string orchestra sound.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@espiegel123 said:

Also, when playing multiple instances, one wants to make sure that each instrument is set up a bit differently not just with the parameters like vibrato but also the timbre. Our ears are subconciously pretty sensitive to this -- that's why when Jimmy Page has those big guitar arrangements, each guitar will have very different settings.

I learned this from Dick Grove: Good string parts will load up multiple players on a single melody. It’s better to have twelve violins playing in unison than to write a triad with only four players per note. The triad will sound good but the unison will sound great. He also taught us never to put fewer than four violins on a line, budget permitting. Ideally you want at least eight violins per note to get that string orchestra sound.

Dick Grove! There's a blast from my past. Did you attend his school, attend seminars or buy the books? Did you ever get the Henry Mancini arranging book? Lot's of great tips for adding articulations for better phrasing on ensembles. I wish I had a copy to apply the ideas in StaffPad.

• edited May 2021

@McD said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@espiegel123 said:

Dick Grove! There's a blast from my past. Did you attend his school, attend seminars or buy the books? Did you ever get the Henry Mancini arranging book? Lot's of great tips for adding articulations for better phrasing on ensembles. I wish I had a copy to apply the ideas in StaffPad.

I took his composing and arranging course back in the early 80s when the school was in Studio City, and had the associated books. There was tons of gold in his course handouts that never made it into the books. The guy was an unsung giant as a music educator.

• Has anyone done (or can anyone do) a comparison of SWAM Solo Strings with Finger Fiddle which still is a reference in string instruments on iOS ?
    It would be interesting to compare how they sound side by side particularly the attack, sustain and expressive possibilities on similar melodic phrases.

• Hi there ! Is there a roadmap for the swam woodwinds ? Eagerly waiting for them to be released !!!!!