Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SWAM CELLO - VIOLA - VIOLIN - DOUBLE BASS OUT NOW

Comments

• @LinearLineman said:
    @ervin. Be grateful, that beard saved you from buying his other apps.

👏

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@ervin said:
    I don't have any swam instruments yet. Noob question alert. Which direction would you rather recommend: try these strings or go for the geoswam versions? Other than the price, what's the difference between them?

Thanks very much for all tips and knowledge sharing. 🙏

I’m in favor of the SWAM versions because I like the sound better.

I wonder whether the GeoSwam sound engine is based on the sound engine of Swam Strings v2 or the newer v3.
    Because v3 claims to have a better model over v2.

• Waiting for the bundles to drop is always the hardest part

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    Waiting for the bundles to drop is always the hardest part

No. waiting for @michael to finish an app is the hardest thing.

• @McD said:

@ruggedsmooth said:
    Waiting for the bundles to drop is always the hardest part

No. waiting for @michael to finish an app is the hardest thing.

Just another five years now!

• is @Michael working on something?!

• edited May 2021

@steve99 said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@steve99 said:

@Gavinski said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@Gavinski said:

@Intrepolicious said:
    I have a question while we’re on the SWAM subject; the SWAM Brass instruments, I have the Flugelhorn, a French Horn, and a Euphonium.

Now on all of these, they come with the AUv3 version, but in AUM I cannot get the AU versions to switch to the performance screen. Is this normal?

It keeps saying “Expand the plug-in window in order to select and manage your presets” or “Expand the plug-in window to show the main view”

Is this normal?

Yes, u just have to make the app larger, expand its borders, eventually the performance screen will appear

Ah thank you! I thought I was losing my mind... dang they really want it all the way out huh.

Yeah, it's a bit if a 'drag' lol, gets me every time too

Does it not work for you if you double tap the header of the AUv3? This expands the window to full size on my iPad.

It does not. I thought the same, in that an AU window was fully expanded with the double tap, but nope, I had to move it all the way to the very top of the screen (above AUM’s transport controls) and drag the bottom handles all the way down to the very bottom of the screen.

Maybe this is the case on 11” Pros such as mine?

Ah, frustrating, I’m on 10.5 pro and works ok. Sounds like something that could be fixed though, I hope for your sake that’s sooner rather than later.

Well, now that I know how to do it, It’s fine. Maybe if I was doing live performances it would be an issue.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    is @Michael working on something?!

Yes… for the past 4 (?) years ;) You know life and child “got in the way”

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37748/while-were-all-cooped-up-inside-herere-some-loopy-pro-updates/p3

• edited May 2021

@audiblevideo said:

@shinyisshiny said:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37748/while-were-all-cooped-up-inside-herere-some-loopy-pro-updates/p3

Six and a half years, that is, but we digress.

• @Michael said:

@audiblevideo said:

@shinyisshiny said:

Six and a half years, that is, but we digress.

We?
    We digress?

Carry on. Finish the beast. It should be a nice tool. Nice Xmas stocking stuffer.

• Anyone knows how much will cost the bundle of the 4 instruments?

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Anyone knows how much will cost the bundle of the 4 instruments?

I'm very curious then whether this will be all that will be released from the strings, or if more will follow.

• It would be nice to have a demo of Polythemus playing a quatuor live.

• Just tried that, stuck note city....

• @Gavinski said:
    Just tried that, stuck note city....

Same here. U know why?

• edited May 2021

But the problems are the same as day one of the betas. I posted a video (removed since was and NDA agreement violation) of this.
    Also if you try to control with some other MPE midi apps you’ll get a lot of unplayed and stuck notes. Also with the ROLI seabord

• @Charlesalbert said:
    But the problems are the same as day one of the betas. I posted a video (removed since was and NDA agreement violation) of this.
    Also if you try to control with some other MPE midi apps you’ll get a lot of unplayed and stuck notes. Also with the ROLI seabord

I'll try more and see....

• edited May 2021

@Gavinski said:

Pity... 😕
    Now that we have almost all SWAM instruments, we can pray for Divisimate to come on iOS. The new iPad Pro will provide.

• edited May 2021

Can some confirm me. Maybe I did not noticed before but in full screen mode if you hit the high parte of the notes they don’t produce any sounds. I noticed this only on the strings packs but now I have this in all swam instruments. Is it correct?

• It happens only as auv3 instruments. Standalone work by clicking on all key’s surface.

• @Gavinski said:

Try my new Multi-Divisi Mozaic script. I tested it for quite some time with lots of different settings including a four SWAM strings section without stuck notes.

If you want ordinary chord-to-mono conversion, you can turn off note replication with the ‚multi‘ pad. The unison note replication and its distribution optimization depending on the input is the scripts main feature though. I didn‘t spend much time on the simple mode as there are already several poly-to-mono scripts and an app. Multi channel midi & MPE input, CC and expression redistribution from each input channel to the corresponding output voices (and MPEs global expression handling) also works in the simple mode.

• @_ki post a example of your script driven by Fugue Machine. We just want to hear these strings. Anyone that has the pieces can do it. I’m holding back after spend $120 on Staffpad libraries this last month.

• McDMcD
    edited May 2021

@Gavinski might make us a video soon that shows a full quartet.

• Spent the last few hours lost in the Cello. Marvelous, simply marvelous.

I'm using an older iPhone 8 as an xyz expression controller via bluetooth with great results. After a bit of practice (and response curve fiddling), I was able to start carving sweet, deep string lines with plenty of character.

Tone-wise, there are several great cello models to choose from. The Bach is a real charmer. The range of the instrument goes higher than I expected, where it starts to sound like a really big viola. Cool, you can carve sweeping lines that span several octaves. I haven't yet experimented using a pedal to change playing styles for different parts of a piece, but that looks useful as well.

Wow. Simply wow. As a gigging keyboard player, I've had to live with all manner of cheesy ersatz string sounds for many years. They fool some of the people some of the time. Now there's something that can fool most of the people most of the time. Like good CGI, it looks / sounds real enough.

Although I was able to make great progress on technique in about an hour of practice, it's early days. Make no mistake, these are real instruments and demand time to develop proficiency.

• Bought all and now with atom 2 it is amazing🤟🤟

• @cphollis said:
    Spent the last few hours lost in the Cello. Marvelous, simply marvelous.

I'm using an older iPhone 8 as an xyz expression controller via bluetooth with great results. After a bit of practice (and response curve fiddling), I was able to start carving sweet, deep string lines with plenty of character.

Tone-wise, there are several great cello models to choose from. The Bach is a real charmer. The range of the instrument goes higher than I expected, where it starts to sound like a really big viola. Cool, you can carve sweeping lines that span several octaves. I haven't yet experimented using a pedal to change playing styles for different parts of a piece, but that looks useful as well.

Wow. Simply wow. As a gigging keyboard player, I've had to live with all manner of cheesy ersatz string sounds for many years. They fool some of the people some of the time. Now there's something that can fool most of the people most of the time. Like good CGI, it looks / sounds real enough.

Although I was able to make great progress on technique in about an hour of practice, it's early days. Make no mistake, these are real instruments and demand time to develop proficiency.

Yeah, Swam to iOS/iPadOS has changed everything! Great, awesome, and, ADDICTIVE!

• Does anybody knows of an app that would transform the full iPad surface into an bow surface ?

• X axis : speed = Expression (Ch 11)
    • Y axis : bow position or bow pressure
    • Z axis (on 3D devices) : bow pressure

In fact, what Finger Fiddle can do but with MIDI out. We could play the notes with a physical keyboard and control the expression with this app. That would be great !

• That sounds great, thanks, will check it

@_ki said:
    @Gavinski said:

Try my new Multi-Divisi Mozaic script. I tested it for quite some time with lots of different settings including a four SWAM strings section without stuck notes.

If you want ordinary chord-to-mono conversion, you can turn off note replication with the ‚multi‘ pad. The unison note replication and its distribution optimization depending on the input is the scripts main feature though. I didn‘t spend much time on the simple mode as there are already several poly-to-mono scripts and an app. Multi channel midi & MPE input, CC and expression redistribution from each input channel to the corresponding output voices (and MPEs global expression handling) also works in the simple mode.

@McD said:
    @Gavinski might make us a video soon that shows a full quartet.

Swam Strings is something I will cover but it us a pity the devs did not give me more notice of when it would be released, as I have a veritable shit ton of other things I am already in the middle of working on, so a vid on these strings could be weeks away. Devs - tell me weeks in advance when you are releasing stuff if you want timely vids!

And yes, now with Atom 2;s ability to record MPE I will be using Swam stuff a lot more, like I did to make this little clip yesterday. sooooooo great, thank you @blueveek

(This is not using Swam Strings by the way, but it has a slight string vibe and is mpe, recorded into Atom 2.

• @Paulo164 said:
    Does anybody knows of an app that would transform the full iPad surface into an bow surface ?

• X axis : speed = Expression (Ch 11)
    • Y axis : bow position or bow pressure
    • Z axis (on 3D devices) : bow pressure

In fact, what Finger Fiddle can do but with MIDI out. We could play the notes with a physical keyboard and control the expression with this app. That would be great !

Try Pen2Bow. Maybe not the answer you’re looking for if you can’t use or don’t have an Apple Pencil. But you may want to check into it. I can’t remember if fingers are allowed

• _ki_ki
    edited May 2021

@McD Here you go:

Fugue Maschine AU sending 4 its notes on 4 midi channels using the Bach Fugue preset. Feed into Mozaic Midi Filter to mute/unmute the channels. Mozaic output feed into the 4 available SWAM string AUs, each filtering for a single input channel.
    Two CC-LFOs from Rozeta LFO modulate the expression and bow position of all SWAM AUs simultaneously. Without a doubt, the instruments would sound way better if they were given their own expressions based on the played notes.

The AUs are panned from left to right in their UI and use their internal Reverb. There are no additional FX.

I tried to swap between different instrument combinations and short solo parts.

The video does not feature my new script. The Fugue Maschine preset uses 4 notes / instruments nearly permanently. For the script to shine, either fewer notes played simultaneously or more output slots (ie 6 SWAM instruments) are needed to create opportunities for unison assignment.