Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Trying to figure out workflow for Loopy HD and Arpeggionome pro ..?

edited May 2014 in App Tips and Tricks

I can't quite figure out how to get it to work so that I can pick a tempo (either in loopy OR in arpeggionome pro) and record a clean loop ... ?

Comments

• If you have Audioshare I would record directly into that and then trim the loop if you need to and copy and paste the trimmed loop into Loopy. To try and do it your way is going to be hit or miss.

• People use Loopy as a live looper all the time, and they aren't stopping to trim and copy and paste.
    I can't answer eroxxx's question, but it's obviously possible.

• I was just answering off the top of my head how I'd try to do it since I don't have Arpeggionome Pro or know much about it's MIDI clock etc to give any input on how to sync the two apps which is what eroxxx seemed to be asking.

The first thing I'd try is set the tempo in both apps to be the same and in Loopy set the number of bars you want to record. Tap in Loopy when you want to start recording and Loopy should finish the loop itself if tempo and # of bars are set and maybe you'll get lucky with a clean loop. Loopy's clock is very solid so the next thing would be to try and sync the two apps but like I said I don't have Arpeggionome Pro to know more details.

• the prob is that arp only sends clock, it doesn't receive ... I'm fine setting the tempo in loopy, but can't figure it out

• Ok then set Loopy to receive clock from AP

• I've had significant problems with Loopy and midi clock to the point where I've given up trying. I can get the clocks between the apps to sync ok (just have Loopy listen for the midi clock from Arpeggionome or whatever app). The problem is I can't get Loopy to start recording on the first beat of the measure. It always seems to start recording on a beat in the middle of a bar somewhere. Then the next loop I record starts on a different beat in a bar and then it's hard to align the two loops up after I record.