Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best new apps you’ve recently purchased?

Hello folks. Just wondering what’s the best new apps you folks have recently purchased?

Be it instruments, effects or anything else. Just curious.

Thanks Jack

Comments

• Flux mini and it’s free, insane Game changer for my workflow...

Hope @CaelumAudio works on a pro version with some added features. Would instantly throw my cash at him...

• Pure piano has to be a contender, and Chow Tape as well.

• excellent

@Jusch1995 said:
    Flux mini and it’s free, insane Game changer for my workflow...

Hope @CaelumAudio works on a pro version with some added features. Would instantly throw my cash at him...

• Yes I downloaded the Chow Tape couple of days ago and look forward to trying it

@richardyot said:
    Pure piano has to be a contender, and Chow Tape as well.

• ID700
    BeatCutter

• Yes been wanting to check those

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    ID700
    BeatCutter

• Slammer hands down and can’t wait to get into that Web AU.

• Yeah wanting to get that myself to> @Ben said:

Slammer hands down and can’t wait to get into that Web AU.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    ID700
    BeatCutter

I second that. They are contenders for app of the year in my book

• KB-1 keyboard. Had it less than a month and honestly a game changer for some of my songwriting. Best five dollars I’ve spent in a long time.

• @BillS said:
    KB-1 keyboard. Had it less than a month and honestly a game changer for some of my songwriting. Best five dollars I’ve spent in a long time.

Same here
    Was interested for some time, but not enought to buy it
    I did it, and it was game changer :lol:
    some things UI-wise are bit hard on my iPad Mini, but still great

• Chow Centaur
    ID700

• edited April 2021

ID700
    not new, but VCS3! - don’t know what i was waiting for this whole time. the best (for my taste) oldschool synth replica i’ve tried on ios or otherwise. not your go to synth for any occasion, but my god it sounds amazing.

also i was looking desperately for a sample-based drum machine and spent a lot of money on all of the available options (some of that money i was able to get back) and was rather disappointed. the closest to ideal was groove rider, but still not good enough. and then i realized that i was being stupid and built my own drum machine in drambo with all the features i need. so yeah, drambo once again, one of the best apps purchased last year :D

• ID700...

• Klevgrand Slammer all the way!

• Also not new, steppolyarp and Tonality. Oh man if you’re familiar with scaler 2 on desktop, these two together are a great alternative on IOS. +1 for kb1.

• Koala Sampler's Samurai IAP was totally worth it

• What synth with the best combination of best UI for screen tweaking, plus sound to compliment ID700 at half screen would you recommend?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    ID700
    BeatCutter

+1
    +1

Looperator

• @sigma79 said:
    What synth with the best combination of best UI for screen tweaking, plus sound to compliment ID700 at half screen would you recommend?

Both Mela (2) and Bleass Alpha are excellent analog emulations that work well at half-screen. I’m partial to Mood however.

• Iv actua> @Philandering_Bastard said:

@sigma79 said:
    What synth with the best combination of best UI for screen tweaking, plus sound to compliment ID700 at half screen would you recommend?

Both Mela (2) and Bleass Alpha are excellent analog emulations that work well at half-screen. I’m partial to Mood however.

Were just checking bleass alpha. Iv got model d also. Poison 202. Not buying yet. Just think of app and likely best analogue also with screen tweakabilty. Maybe macros then so Iv got continua. Mood looks good. Got mela 1. Thanks.

• Virsyn AddStation for me, incredible.
    Also Pure Piano which is maybe on the road for the best ios piano award.

• edited April 2021

@sigma79 said:
    Iv actua> @Philandering_Bastard said:

@sigma79 said:

Were just checking bleass alpha. Iv got model d also. Poison 202. Not buying yet. Just think of app and likely best analogue also with screen tweakabilty. Maybe macros then so Iv got continua. Mood looks good. Got mela 1. Thanks.

Maybe woodsynth on keys. Could be ok for live progression? More sounds. Wonder if woodsynth has midi out per layer? Edit. Dont worry. Just being stupid.

• @sigma79 said:

@sigma79 said:
    Iv actua> @Philandering_Bastard said:

@sigma79 said:

Maybe woodsynth on keys. Could be ok for live progression? More sounds. Wonder if woodsynth has midi out per layer? Edit. Dont worry. Just being stupid.

WoodSynth looks intriguing, don’t have it though. The @woodman apps I have are brilliant.

• Waverley xl
    ID700
    Helium

• edited April 2021

@BillS said:
    KB-1 keyboard. Had it less than a month and honestly a game changer for some of my songwriting. Best five dollars I’ve spent in a long time.

Is it possible to use it with a midi controller? I want the options of the KB-1 (arp, repeat, etc) with my Launchpad.

• edited April 2021

@Prog1967 said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    ID700
    BeatCutter

I second that. They are contenders for app of the year in my book

I'll go for these two, and add in ChowTapeModel as an excellent freebie