Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatly Pro, the pocket ghost producer

Comments

• @AntoninCharvat I’m noticing quantization issues when rendering audio loops. One or two notes are off by about 1/32 or 1/16. I can send a video if you need.

• @AntoninCharvat my Beatly looks dark blue with blue text etc, I can’t see it properly
    It drives me nuts
    Even in the last video you posted, mine looks different

• @ChancedMusic

That's weird.. Could you please send me the audio? I need to hear it...

@Gdub

Could you please send me the screenshot? Did you try also the light appearance? How does it look like?

• @AntoninCharvat
    Thanks for acknowledging me
    What light appearance?
    Where is this setting please

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    @ChancedMusic

That's weird.. Could you please send me the audio? I need to hear it...

https://youtube.com/shorts/GSITeUvcwmU?feature=share

You can hear the third kick in Beatly Pro is right in time, but in the exported audio, it’s off by just a bit.

• @Gdub said:
    @AntoninCharvat
    Thanks for acknowledging me
    What light appearance?
    Where is this setting please

I think he means iOS-system dark/light mode.
    In light mode, you get black over light grey background in the app.

• @CracklePot
    Thanks
    Been running in dark mode for a long time
    I prefer dark mode
    Oh well

• Dark mode is cool, it saves battery but mainly your eyes.
    Anyway I am about to implement the color picker so everyone will be able to adjust Beatly colors.

• edited March 2022

@ChancedMusic said:
    You can hear the third kick in Beatly Pro is right in time, but in the exported audio, it’s off by just a bit.

Thanks for sharing the video. I will look into it. Not quite sure now what could be wrong. Does it happen only with bassdrum or any other instrument as well?

• @AntoninCharvat said:

>

Thanks for sharing the video. I will look into it. Not quite sure now what could be wrong. Does it happen only with bassdrum or any other instrument as well?

I’ve only noticed it with the bass drum. At least two different stock bass drum samples. Appreciate you looking into it.

• @AntoninCharvat
    Colour picker will be great

• @AntoninCharvat is there a way to clear a custom sample I attached to the clap?

• @ChancedMusic said:
    @AntoninCharvat is there a way to clear a custom sample I attached to the clap?

Sure, right here:

• @AntoninCharvat said:

@ChancedMusic said:
    @AntoninCharvat is there a way to clear a custom sample I attached to the clap?

Sure, right here:

I’m not seeing that option, but I have a sample that’s being thrown into the clap bank.

• @HotStrange said:

@AntoninCharvat said:
    Meanwhile, a short sneak peek of a new style... it's very, very pre-pre-pre-raw demo version. There is a lot of work ahead of me. Just wanted to let you know this is coming :)

Absolutely fantastic! You’re really putting in the work with this app. At this rate, it’s gonna become one of the iOS classics. 🙏

True. He’s been on a roll.

• @Gdub said:
    @AntoninCharvat
    Colour picker will be great

Agreed. I love dark mode on my device but might switch to light inside Beatly.

• @AntoninCharvat I checked again and the bassdrum quantisation issue appears to only happen on bars that are set to triplet.

• Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a few synth and bass samples for the dance style I'm currently working on. It's like 15 years since I've been creating techno and trance with my Reason 3.0 last time. I doubt it will even run today, so I'm pretty incapable to create something on my own :)

If there's any sample pack maker willing to participate, please let me know. This style needs professional sound of an experienced modern dance music producer. I have some budget for this but there might be also some place in the app to advertise your services/page/profile, in case you don't need to get paid :)

Thank you!

• I may have missed it, but is there a way to save kits of custom samples for our default sounds?

• @KirbyMumbo said:
    I may have missed it, but is there a way to save kits of custom samples for our default sounds?

This would be awesome

• edited April 2022

Right? The included sounds are really solid, but you could save so much time with default kits. @AntoninCharvat If you need sound design, I'm willing to trade sample packs for this feature 😂😂

• @KirbyMumbo said:
    Right? The included sounds are really solid, but you could save so much time with default kits. @AntoninCharvat If you need sound design, I'm willing to trade sample packs for this feature 😂😂

Alright, now we're talking business :smiley: Let's deal in PM, could we?

• Wow I just checked back with the app, I did not expect custom patterns to be added so quickly! This is AWESOME! Now if the app would grab from our pool of patterns randomly when we generate new sequences it would be SO powerful!

• @farfromsubtle said:
    Wow I just checked back with the app, I did not expect custom patterns to be added so quickly! This is AWESOME! Now if the app would grab from our pool of patterns randomly when we generate new sequences it would be SO powerful!

This sounds really cool... I will definitely consider implementing this. Thanks for the idea!

• @AntoninCharvat said:

@farfromsubtle said:
    Wow I just checked back with the app, I did not expect custom patterns to be added so quickly! This is AWESOME! Now if the app would grab from our pool of patterns randomly when we generate new sequences it would be SO powerful!

This sounds really cool... I will definitely consider implementing this. Thanks for the idea!

It’s one of the main reasons I think people love Groovebox. You load up a bunch of random patches already playing from hundreds of random human-made patterns and it can get you really inspired to work on a new project. Most of the progressions seem to work together because they mostly adhere to safe chords like I and V. Beatly Pro beats that with custom chord progressions that alter the notes, which is something I have been requesting from Ampify for a LONg time, but you implemented immediately!

• Finally
    An option to change the colours
    I can now see the app properly
    Nice work !!

• Any plans to add swing?

• @Gdub said:
    Nice work !!

Thank you, have fun!

@ChancedMusic said:
    Any plans to add swing?

Not really.. As of now I am only implementing styles I have been also producing/composing, because I know something about the principles. I know literally nothing about swing :smiley:

• @AntoninCharvat said:

@Gdub said:
    Nice work !!

Thank you, have fun!

@ChancedMusic said:
    Any plans to add swing?

Not really.. As of now I am only implementing styles I have been also producing/composing, because I know something about the principles. I know literally nothing about swing :smiley:

Sorry, I meant swing as a function, not a style.

• @ChancedMusic said:

Sorry, I meant swing as a function, not a style.

Oh yes.. so you mean like not to strictly obey the quantization, is that right? It's sort of irregularity in the tempo often used in lo-fi and rap beats. That's what you're talking about? I need to think about it first, how exactly such a feature could be implemented. Will add it to my TODO list, it would be nice to have. Thanks for the idea!