Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatly Pro, the pocket ghost producer

Comments

• It seems the new update requires iOS 14, any chance it could made compatible with 13 too? Cheers

• One thing that would be super helpful would be if the piano roll had the option of being locked to the current scale/key. That way we can move notes around freely knowing they will be in key.

• edited October 2021

@AntoninCharvat so what I’m doing with the app is, once I’ve found a beat I like, I’ll save it, then I’ll go in and add bars 3 and 4 while deleting 1 and 2, save that as “beat2”, etc and so on. Then I trigger the different versions via the load beat menu while playback is going on and that way I get sort of a song structure going, that I can play with more freely than using the song mode. One problem is, when you open the load beat menu, it’s always scrolled way up to the top. Performances would be easier if it opened on the currently loaded beat, if it had been previously saved and named of course. Essentially, the load beat menu could be tweaked a bit to operate more like a performance oriented beat/clip launcher if you know what I’m saying. Anyways, thanks again for making this

• @drewinnit said:
    It seems the new update requires iOS 14, any chance it could made compatible with 13 too? Cheers

I'm afraid I have already moved the entire project to the iOS 14+. There is always several reasons for old versions drop, such as the newest SDK functions we (developers) has been waiting for. Beatly Pro uses SwiftUI so the urge to use as latest iOS version as possible is really high, as the early SwiftUI versions were really really limited. I believe that majority of users use one of the two latest versions of iOS. Btw what exactly is holding you back with the system updating to iOS 14 or 15?

@db909 said:
    One thing that would be super helpful would be if the piano roll had the option of being locked to the current scale/key. That way we can move notes around freely knowing they will be in key.

Sounds useful! Let me add it to my TODO list :)

@db909 said:
    ...One problem is, when you open the load beat menu, it’s always scrolled way up to the top. Performances would be easier if it opened on the currently loaded beat, if it had been previously saved and named of course. Essentially, the load beat menu could be tweaked a bit to operate more like a performance oriented beat/clip launcher if you know what I’m saying...

The "load beat" window needs huge redesign. As of now it uses standard iOS action sheet, which is boring and ugly. I will definitely get into this part of app soon.

• @db909 said:
    One thing that would be super helpful would be if the piano roll had the option of being locked to the current scale/key. That way we can move notes around freely knowing they will be in key.

+1 and Fold…

• @RajahP said:

@db909 said:

+1 and Fold…

What exactly do you mean by "Fold"? Can you elaborate on it?

• edited November 2021

@AntoninCharvat said:

@RajahP said:

@db909 said:

+1 and Fold…

What exactly do you mean by "Fold"? Can you elaborate on it?

Ableton has it where you can ‘fold’ to scale or just used notes in the piano roll.. I recall..

Edit.. it’s pretty helpful when editing, etc.

• Ok I see.. that seems pretty nice. I will definitely add it to my TODO list. Thanks!

• Hello everyone,

version 1.12 with piano roll improvements is out now!

Now you can regenerate any currently visible bar of any instrument by swiping down in the piano roll.
    Keyboard on the left side is now fully playable (solo notes) and generates visual feedback for you to locate the note easier.
    You will also hear the sample on inserting or dragging the note.

Additionally a few bugs has been fixed, e.g. the generator completely ignoring open hihats and overly using one specific annoying clap pattern :)
    And finally - generator patterns has been again slightly refined!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/beatly-pro/id1550189157

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    Hello everyone,

Now you can regenerate any currently visible bar of any instrument by swiping down in the piano roll.
    Keyboard on the left side is now fully playable (solo notes) and generates visual feedback for you to locate the note easier.

Additionally a few bugs has been fixed, e.g. the generator completely ignoring open hihats and overly using one specific annoying clap pattern :)

Nice update!

Since we can already choose in the key in the settings would it be too much to ask for a min/maj scale switch with pentatonic option? (A load of chip-tune music from the past used pentatonic scales).

Will dig into this update, it's getting better all the time :sunglasses:

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    Hello everyone,

Great - thank you!

• Just bought it...As from now, any app that generate more than 10 pages of comments in this forum is a must for me! It's more simple for my GAS syndrome

• @Samu said:

@AntoninCharvat said:
    Hello everyone,

Nice update!

Since we can already choose in the key in the settings would it be too much to ask for a min/maj scale switch with pentatonic option? (A load of chip-tune music from the past used pentatonic scales).

Will dig into this update, it's getting better all the time :sunglasses:

Phrygian too please.

• Thanks.... Digging in...

• Thank you all!

@Samu said:

I will definitely dig into these options. Not sure when I'll get my hands on it, but it goes to my TODO list for sure.

@cuscolima said:
    Just bought it...As from now, any app that generate more than 10 pages of comments in this forum is a must for me! It's more simple for my GAS syndrome

Thanks for the support! What's the GAS syndrome? :)

• @AntoninCharvat said:

Thanks for the support! What's the GAS syndrome? :)

GAS is acronym for "Gear Acquisition Syndrome" :sunglasses:

• Okay, I need to share this with you as I'm super excited from it... MIDI out is coming along :)
    Anyone will use it?

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    Okay, I need to share this with you as I'm super excited from it... MIDI out is coming along :)

Wow - very cool!

• @AntoninCharvat as others above mentioned, adding the 8 or so most used Scales would be amazing. Maj, minor, pentatonic Maj, pentatonic min, Dorian, Mixolydian, Phrygian, what else…

• edited November 2021

@AntoninCharvat said:

Okay, I need to share this with you as I'm super excited from it... MIDI out is coming along :)
    Anyone will use it?

Yes sir, that’s what I’m talking about. Sweet. This is one of the things I’ve really been wanting and waiting for.

• Oh shit midi out!

• @AntoninCharvat said:

Anyone will use it?

Great.. looking forward…

• @AntoninCharvat
    Midi out will be very much welcomed

• @cuscolima said:
    Just bought it...As from now, any app that generate more than 10 pages of comments in this forum is a must for me! It's more simple for my GAS syndrome

That’s probably a pretty decent system for making purchases… I mite use that.

• Hi all,

version 1.13 with MIDI OUT is finally on the App Store.
    Tested with both AUM and Audiobus.

Have fun!

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    Hi all,

version 1.13 with MIDI OUT is finally on the App Store.
    Tested with both AUM and Audiobus.

Have fun!

I was Just about to share the good news. So excited for this. Great work @AntoninCharvat

• If you have the app open, open AUM and load a synth or whatever you then have a virtual port for each sound in that Beatly pro beat. Sweet.

• Cool. Where exactly is the Midi Out setting...I don't see it in Settings....thanks @AntoninCharvat

• Can I ask, and I really don't want this to sound snarky at all, but is this an app that basically randomly generates songs? Like the drums, the bass, the melody, etc? Is it as simple as that?

• edited November 2021

@echoopera said:
    Cool. Where exactly is the Midi Out setting...I don't see it in Settings....thanks @AntoninCharvat

No setup is needed. Currently the Midi outputs of all channels are always sending the events. If there should be any requirement from the users to have an option to disable it, I'm ready to add this to the Settings page :)
    The only exception right now is during the active MIDI connection to the Audiobus session - in that case the Core MIDI output is disabled. This behavior is defined by the Audiobus documentation to avoid double sending.

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Can I ask, and I really don't want this to sound snarky at all, but is this an app that basically randomly generates songs? Like the drums, the bass, the melody, etc? Is it as simple as that?

Yes, that's exactly what it is :)