Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone using Koala sampler in Cubasis 3?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• @ehehehe said:
    I can’t seem to get it to record audio as an instrument, even with midi thru and notes in the piano roll/timeline. Even now, trying with Koalas sequencer, it just yields an ever scrolling wheel after recording. @LFS ?

I got the same thing when I tried BM3 a while ago... I think IAA recording may be hooped in Cubasis 3.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:
    IAA recording works great with Samplr, Nave and Animoog.

Not on mine.

• edited April 2021

Plot thickens...

1. Is recorded using the Animoog IAA transport controls

2. Is a failed hung recording using Cubasis transport controls

• edited April 2021

Just tested Samplr, Nave and Animoog and all three do record fine provided I use the in app IAA transport controls / record button. If I begin and end recording in Cubasis 3 they do not record. Koala does not support in app IAA transport controls so there is no way to record this way, hence I am forced to begin and end recording in C3 which does not seem to work for IAA. For Koala, lacking in app IAA transport controls there seems to be no way to record in Cubasis 3.

• Are you launching the IAA separately, or from within CB3? If one way doesn't work for a given app, the other way might. It's about the app "knowing" that it will receive transport commands from outside. Also, have you tried configuring the app to accept MIDI from CB3?

• @ehehehe said:
    So Koala needs IAA transport controls?

The issue to me is that Cubasis 3 should be able to record IAA apps using just the Cubasis record button, just like how Cubasis 2 did (and i assume still does).

• I keep hearing this 3.3 is will be worth the wait...
    ...both Cubasis versions are on sale so it could be 'soon' when ever 'soon' is :)

iPadOS14.5 should be out next week so they might be waiting for it to drop before releasing it or something?!

• @Samu said:
    I keep hearing this 3.3 is will be worth the wait...

Hmmm, probably a long shot that my modest laundry list is addressed.

• @AudioGus said:

@Samu said:
    I keep hearing this 3.3 is will be worth the wait...

Hmmm, probably a long shot that my modest laundry list is addressed.

Hopefully you'll be able to tick away at least a few items from the list or something?! :)

• @ehehehe said:
    Do you have the same setup for testing, Samu? With everything up to date so we could cross check.

I've had absolutely zero issues recording audio from Koala since the last time I checked!

Create an Audio Track in Cubasis and load Koala IAA to it...
    ...record enable the track, tap record and play the Koala pads to record the audio.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/63f1xoqlh9vbv9f/koala.mp4?dl=0

Personally I really do prefer to use Koala's built-in sequencer as the Piano-Roll in Cubasis needs a LOT of work compared to Atom2, LK and NS2 etc.

I've yet to find a smooth way to send Midi from Cubasis to Koala when it's loaded as 'IAA Audio Generator' without using additional apps (ie. route midi thru AUM) as Koala unfortunately doesn't create its own midi port, if it did it would be possible to directly route midi to it when it is loaded as an IAA Audio Generator from a Cubasis midi track.

Sending midi to Koala when it's loaded as IAA instrument is easy but unfortunately IAA is 'single instance' so Koala can't be loaded as both IAA Instrument and IAA Generator at the same time which would partially 'solve the problem'.

Sometimes there is the need to 'change the way of working' order to work around certain issues...

Don't know how high on the Cubasis priority list a more advanced sampler (ie. on par with Koala, sEGments, DigiSticks, Chameleon, AudioLayer, BS-16i etc.) is but it IS needed!

I'm not the product manager and maybe the 'other' things are more important. There's still no tempo-track, proper sub-groups, AUv3 multi-in/out support and gazzillion of other 'smallish' things.

I guess @LFS will chime in when work week starts again...

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@ehehehe said:
    Do you have the same setup for testing, Samu? With everything up to date so we could cross check.

I've had absolutely zero issues recording audio from Koala since the last time I checked!

...record enable the track, tap record and play the Koala pads to record the audio.

What sample rate are you running?

• @AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

@ehehehe said:

What sample rate are you running?

44.1k 24-bit...
    (That is the default for the iPad Air 2).

• edited April 2021

Uhhhh... Koala working now...

Animoog is still hooped though trying to record with the Cubasis 3 record button.

What the hell am I doing? I got Maschine!

• edited April 2021

@ehehehe said:
    @Samu SLIDE OVER was the solution! Thanks! Now it works as it should, AND its easier to use.

I didn’t do slide over and it works. i think @samu has powers... ...

Ok @samu , heal my animoog?

• @ehehehe said:
    How do I fullscreen an app thats been slid over?

Go to home-screen and tap the apps icon, that usually works for me.

• @AudioGus said:

I'll see if I can find a work-around for that...

Before I start, is the plan to have a Cubasis Midi Event drive Animoog and then freeze the track to Audio?
    Or have a separate Midi-Track in Cubasis that drives Animoog and record Animoog as audio to another track?

Or just play Animoog live and record the Audio to a Cubasis Audio Track?
    (I know the IAP is required in order for Animoog to send midi, I have it so no worries there).

• edited April 2021

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

I'll see if I can find a work-around for that...

Before I start, is the plan to have a Cubasis Midi Event drive Animoog and then freeze the track to Audio?
    Or have a separate Midi-Track in Cubasis that drives Animoog and record Animoog as audio to another track?

Or just play Animoog live and record the Audio to a Cubasis Audio Track?
    (I know the IAP is required in order for Animoog to send midi, I have it so no worries there).

Nah i just meant whatever remote healing fixed Koala for me, do it for Animoog ;)

(Just to be clear I didn't actually do anything different with Koala, it just magically works now)

• @ehehehe said:
    Also I could drag and hold it to the top middle of the screen. FINALLY I have a fast and fun sampler in C3. A tiny bummer that it doesn’t support drag and drop from C3s mediabay, but that’s easily workable.

But you could use the 'Import' in Koala and browse to the Cubasis 3 folder (which you can see in the Files.app) and import the audio that way, you just need to disable the 'Use Audio Share' option in Koala settings first.

• @AudioGus said:

Nah i just meant whatever remote healing fixed Koala for me, do it for Animoog ;)

(Just to be clear I didn't actually do anything different with Koala, it just magically works now)

After a good nights sleep Animoog will 'just work' in Cubasis 3 ;)
    (Honestly I've never had issues with Animoog in Cubasis 2 or 3).

• LFSLFS
    edited April 2021

Hi @ehehehe, Hi all,

Sorry, it looks like I've missed on this topic.
    Are you up and running?

Best,
    Lars

• edited June 2021

Wait let me rephrase my question
    There is no way as of now to record Koala as an instrument in Cubasis, receiving Midi notes to launch it’s clips? I just tried with atom 2 and I couldn’t record. I was planning to find a way to make remixes with a sample launcher ala MPC workflow/best of two worlds. Is there a workaround for Koala launching with midi in Cubasis?Soot what to try next