Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Helium AUv3 MIDI Sequencer by 4Pockets - Released

Comments

• I was going to instabuy this just for the drum midi file management alone but the zoom limitation will bug me a lot so I'll wait to see it this one gets more support than usual.

• Okay, I’m about to buy yet another 4pockets app. Which I’ve been doing since Aurora (which I wish would see a revival. Yes I know about - and own - Synergy).

Anyways: as I ready my wallet for Helium, someone please remind me again what the use-case that Helium + AUM serves, in a way that my favorite DAWs can not (DAWs including Meteor...and all the others)

Thank you for your opinions

• This app has many possiblities and complexities; I hope it gets the first month or two of support/development it deserves...

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Is it MPE?

No

• edited April 2021

@Littlewoodg said:
    Okay, I’m about to buy yet another 4pockets app. Which I’ve been doing since Aurora (which I wish would see a revival. Yes I know about - and own - Synergy).

Anyways: as I ready my wallet for Helium, someone please remind me again what the use-case that Helium + AUM serves, in a way that my favorite DAWs can not (DAWs including Meteor...and all the others)

I mainly record into DAWs but I think one of the big AUM advantages is recording/editing automation. You can check back on my comments earlier in the thread but I would not purchase this in its current state if you were thinking of trying to do any MIDI editing.

My main use case for it is as a MIDI clip browser as I have a whole load of drum MIDI clips which I can now easily preview.

Edit: I have just noticed there is an update. Undo still limited to 5 steps and cannot change the length of a note without changing the velocity. Zoom still limited.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    Okay, I’m about to buy yet another 4pockets app. Which I’ve been doing since Aurora (which I wish would see a revival. Yes I know about - and own - Synergy).

I mainly record into DAWs but I think one of the big AUM advantages is recording/editing automation. You can check back on my comments earlier in the thread but I would not purchase this in its current state if you were thinking of trying to do any MIDI editing.

My main use case for it is as a MIDI clip browser as I have a whole load of drum MIDI clips which I can now easily preview.

Edit: I have just noticed there is an update. Undo still limited to 5 steps and cannot change the length of a note without changing the velocity. Zoom still limited.

Thank you, that helps.

• edited April 2021

Updated...

The Controllers edit section really make this one shine.. it brings other instruments to life..
    Can only imagine if, Probability, Skip, Tie, Reset, etc. were brought into this..😳

Thanks..

BTW.. The Buss system is innovative.. Improved.. sweet.

• I’ve been messing around with some art for 4pockets. Ended up liking this as a Helium promo thing.

• BTW.. Don’t know if the ‘floating windows’ is something new to 4 Pockets apps.. But this approach sure beats the scroll down UI of his older apps..

Sweet

• How to reinstall new clips? Says there is an option in standalone mode but I can’t find. Probably right under my nose.

• @boomer said:
    How to reinstall new clips? Says there is an option in standalone mode but I can’t find. Probably right under my nose.

Open in stand alone...

• Comment/request: the maximum cc density needs the option of much finer resolution. Or even the option to not throttle cc at all. Tried recording from a wind controller and getting noticeable zipper noise at 128th note triplet and the values do not always line up with the notes. The controller always sends cc2 right before note on but it does not always record in that order. Similar problem in ns2 but cubasis3 faithfully records all midi events so it is possible. I know my use case is rare but helium is so very close to being a game changer for me. Thanks much for a great app.

• @boomer said:
    How to reinstall new clips? Says there is an option in standalone mode but I can’t find. Probably right under my nose.

When all else fails read the directions. Thanks. :|

• Is there any group and ungroup notes feature in it? I will like to group notes for easy selection and copying or moving around. Also I would like the notes to be by default grouped when importing the clip.

• edited April 2021

Thanks..

Edit, Probability would be... crazy in there

• This would be nice if it had a MIDI mangle feature
    press one button and it automatically rearranges the MIDI notes in scale and key for multitracks
    Also Helium or ATOM 2 ?

• A song mode to have a master controller track to fire different clips would be amazing

• Hmm.....using the Media Bay, when I try to export MIDI, I for the life of me cannot determine where it ends up! I’m using an iPad. Anyone know?

• @StudioSisu The only way I could find of exporting was to drag the files from the media bay to the Files app.

• I'm thinking of using Helium as a Master controller for ATOM instances now that I can trigger patterns externally.
    Each channel in Helium goes to a different instance of ATOM which functions as an instrument.
    The ATOM instrument contains all the patterns I might need
    Setting up remote control in Helium to do "scenes" and using notes to trigger the patterns as required
    Bonus can use Helium for all automation duties.
    Seems like a great combo to me?

• @soundtemple said:
    I'm thinking of using Helium as a Master controller for ATOM instances now that I can trigger patterns externally.
    Each channel in Helium goes to a different instance of ATOM which functions as an instrument.
    The ATOM instrument contains all the patterns I might need
    Setting up remote control in Helium to do "scenes" and using notes to trigger the patterns as required
    Bonus can use Helium for all automation duties.
    Seems like a great combo to me?

Why not just use LK and a launchpad MK3 model?

• @echoopera We are spoilt for options! As much as I like LK and the devs that make it... LK seems to use a lot of CPU for me. Even with 6 empty clips running my CPU on my iPad Pro is about 24%. Not sure why that is? Helium and ATOM consume virtually nothing.
    Also, I use my launchpad in session mode for my Mozaic scripts. They all have LP midi integration and do more than launch clips, so the LK LP integration isn't of much interest to me.

• Can’t find where this is mentioned:
    1. From empty, added a bunch of notes to the piano roll.
    2. Set up a loop of them and set it up for host timing.
    3. Opened the midi routing in AUM and there were no Helium inputs.
    4. I saved the AUM project, cleared and reloaded.
    5. Now all four helium ports are there.

Shouldn’t they have shown up as soon as i added helium to a MIDI strip in AUM?

• edited April 2021

Is it possible to send and receive program change?
    I haven’t found any auv3 midi sequencer that allow this

• I bought it for the sole reason of supporting this dev. But in complete honesty the only advantage this has over atom is the media browsing, other than that, there is a lot of room for improvement. Atom 2 is literally a masterpiece put together.

• @rickelal3 said:
    I bought it for the sole reason of supporting this dev. But in complete honesty the only advantage this has over atom is the media browsing, other than that, there is a lot of room for improvement. Atom 2 is literally a masterpiece put together.

Partially agree as you can’t send Ctrl change for now in atom2 (though it was the deal to get it out beta)
    So for now I’m using more Helium than atom2.
    The only thing I’m missing is program change

• @White Could you probably add the App Store link to your initial posting?

Finding it in between is near impossible, which is one reason to alternatively start a new thread for the release.

Many thanks!

• @tja said:
    @White Could you probably add the App Store link to your initial posting?

Finding it in between is near impossible, which is one reason to alternatively start a new thread for the release.

Many thanks!

Done 😊

• @White said:

@tja said:
    @White Could you probably add the App Store link to your initial posting?

Many thanks!

Done 😊

😊😊