Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Helium AUv3 MIDI Sequencer by 4Pockets - Released

Comments

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Zoom and grid is unusable for me. Can’t see step separation between steps... and also edit note is barely impossible😂😂😂

Same. Sad face. Hope this gets improved.

• edited April 2021

Most everything you need is in there...there are some glaring workflow issues IMHO as follows:

. Lock to Scale (it's 2021 after all)
    . Fold to Notes in Piano Roll
    . Piano Roll grid should be adaptive to the Grid you are on 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 Right now it's locked to 1/4 which is just wonky
    . Zoom interaction is spotty and laggy most of the time...it doesn't feel fluid
    . We need some Color options for Piano roll...the Notes should be mapped to the Track colors at least...the RED is burning my EYES...
    . The Piano Roll Black and Gray color is horrible...they should be mapped better to the corresponding notes...see NanoStudio2, Modstep, Atom2 for a nice and sensible layout for the Piano Roll...I am always second guessing which row to place my note on...

That's it for now after 15 minutes of play. It's a good start. Maybe 2-3 more updates and it will be indispensable...

Cheers.

• @echoopera said:
    Most everything you need is in there...there are some glaring workflow issues IMHO as follows:

. Piano Roll grid should be adaptive to the Grid you are on 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 Right now it's locked to 1/4 which is just wonky
    . We need some Color options for Piano roll...the Notes should be mapped to the Track colors at least...the RED is burning my EYES...
    . The Piano Roll Black and Gray color is horrible...they should be mapped better to the corresponding notes...see NanoStudio2, Modstep, Atom2 for a nice and sensible layout for the Piano Roll...I am always second guessing which row to place my note on...

That's it for now after 15 minutes of play. It's a good start. Maybe 2-3 more updates and it will be indispensable...

Cheers.

I concur with all of these plus

• A bit hard to tell the difference between selected and unselected notes and automation
    • The zoom works. Independent x/y is awesome, but something is not right. Some apps are too sensitive but maybe this is not sensitive enough. Minor tweaks but would make a huge difference
    • App store description says ghost note feature, but havent seen anything in manual for this. Anyone elese?
  • @soundtemple said:

@echoopera said:

Cheers.

I concur with all of these plus

• A bit hard to tell the difference between selected and unselected notes and automation
    • The zoom works. Independent x/y is awesome, but something is not right. Some apps are too sensitive but maybe this is not sensitive enough. Minor tweaks but would make a huge difference
    • App store description says ghost note feature, but havent seen anything in manual for this. Anyone elese?

Yeah, editing is rough

• @soundtemple

Just press and hold the miditrack

• I would encourage anyone to thoroughly check the manual before saying what it doesn't have, btw. I find this is necessary with most apps, and definitely with 4Pockets, as there are always some features that are not very intuitive to discover.

• @echoopera said:

Cheers.

Yes i agree with this. I also miss a swing function.

• edited April 2021

@MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Testing time over for now. Here are the main issues I have found so far, which may be user error (2 & 3 are deal breakers for me to use this for editing MIDI):

• Zoom does not go in far enough to grab short notes
    • Undo limited to 5 steps
    • Cannot change the length of note without affecting velocity

Positives found so far:

• Useful for browsing MIDI clips as you can long press a clip to hear the MIDI without committing to loading it. May however only work for single channel clips.
    • Automation editor, not used it yet though
    • No crashes experienced

I have only been playing for a short amount of time so this is not definitive. Will be keen to hear what others make of it!

Does anyone know if the dev reads this forum or do bug reports need to be emailed?

• @MisplacedDevelopment he's too busy making new apps to follow this forum I reckon

• @Gavinski said:
    @MisplacedDevelopment he's too busy making new apps to follow this forum I reckon

Ha, quite possibly! I understand if developers choose not interact in public with their customers, though it means a lot to me when they do. When something new is launched you would think that they would monitor social media, including threads like this for the first week at least to head off any negative app store reviews. None of the problems I have found are in refund me territory as I had never planned on using it to edit MIDI and it still provides other utility but if I had bought this just for the MIDI editing then that would be a different story.

• @MisplacedDevelopment you would think that, and it is common, but I don't remember Paul commenting on any recent AB Forum threads, so though he may in fact check here, you're definitely better off emailing 👍

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Testing time over for now. Here are the main issues I have found so far, which may be user error (2 & 3 are deal breakers for me to use this for editing MIDI):

• Zoom does not go in far enough to grab short notes
    • Undo limited to 5 steps
    • Cannot change the length of note without affecting velocity

Positives found so far:

• Useful for browsing MIDI clips as you can long press a clip to hear the MIDI without committing to loading it. May however only work for single channel clips.
    • Automation editor, not used it yet though
    • No crashes experienced

I have only been playing for a short amount of time so this is not definitive. Will be keen to hear what others make of it!

Does anyone know if the dev reads this forum or do bug reports need to be emailed?

Yes he does read this forum.. I believe this app was ‘influenced’ by this forum...

• Thanks @Arvis

He said on youtube it was coming in the next version but I didn't think it would be this soon!

• Would it be fair to say a plethora of updates or addition is unlikely? Not trying to be negative. Just I have a fair number of 4P plugins and can't recall much in the way up updates or additions.

• @Ailerom said:
    Would it be fair to say a plethora of updates or addition is unlikely? Not trying to be negative. Just I have a fair number of 4P plugins and can't recall much in the way up updates or additions.

I think there is a lot of scope for this one to be built upon, whether it will be a long term project though is hard to say. I expect there will be the usual bugfixes and feature additions for the first couple of months at least. MultiTrack Recorder has had some nice improvements made to it recently so I have my hopes high for this one.

• No swing, eh? 👎

• Also he can not rightly zoom😂😂😂

• Thanks.... Can you record multi channel in ‘one go’ (Live)?

• Hi @Jumpercollins - I am seeing that you are using the WU AUMIDISynthesizer from Jens Guell.
    I cannot find this in the App store - and this plugin also does not appear to be from the MIDI SWEET Audio Unit.
    Do you know if / when this might be released, and what advantages, if any, the MIDI SWEET AU would have over this?

It certainly appears to be more useful for rendering General Midi sources than, say, bs-16i, since it follows the GM program changes.

• edited April 2021

@Tim6502 said:

Hi @Jumpercollins - I am seeing that you are using the WU AUMIDISynthesizer from Jens Guell.
    I cannot find this in the App store - and this plugin also does not appear to be from the MIDI SWEET Audio Unit.
    Do you know if / when this might be released, and what advantages, if any, the MIDI SWEET AU would have over this?

It certainly appears to be more useful for rendering General Midi sources than, say, bs-16i, since it follows the GM program changes.

It is a video from Jens Guell.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    It is a video from Jena Guell.

Thanks! Should have clicked through. Does not sound as if the WU app would be released soon by Jens, though the MIDI SWEET app apparently had a little bit of a price drop.

• @RajahP said:
    Output Buss system seems, ‘innovative’... might work well in other apps to prevent clutter Seems drums can go to one buss, etc.
    Slick..

Pardon my ignorance, What would you do with this? Send all the Groove Rider outs to the sequencer? Why?

• @ralis said:

@RajahP said:
    Output Buss system seems, ‘innovative’... might work well in other apps to prevent clutter Seems drums can go to one buss, etc.
    Slick..

Pardon my ignorance, What would you do with this? Send all the Groove Rider outs to the sequencer? Why?

Actually.. just showing how great the buss system is on Helium.. Won’t have the clutter as GR-16 has.. @jimpavloff

• @RajahP said:

@ralis said:

@RajahP said:
    Slick..

Actually.. just showing how great the buss system is on Helium.. Won’t have the clutter as GR-16 has.. @jimpavloff

Isn’t this more of an AUM issue?
    AUM should ‘group’ all the outputs from a plug-in to a folder when more than one is present.

• @Samu said:

@RajahP said:

@ralis said:

@RajahP said:
    Slick..

Isn’t this more of an AUM issue?
    AUM should ‘group’ all the outputs from a plug-in to a folder when more than one is present.

Seems it's a Developer's option... Would be nice if GR-16 had an option to set up busses... Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread... B)

• Does anyone know if/how it works in Cubasis?

• @Keyb said:
    Does anyone know if/how it works in Cubasis?

Go to 16:30 in this video.

• edited April 2021

If I just needed a synth on keys. Other synth with be a euclidean melody. Another synth will have probabilty. Maybe I need to just be free on a final synth on keyboard. Does loopbud fit the bill?

The loopbud overdub?

• @onerez said:

@Keyb said:
    Does anyone know if/how it works in Cubasis?

Go to 16:30 in this video.

Thanks!!!