Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Helium AUv3 MIDI Sequencer by 4Pockets - Released

Comments

• @onerez said:

@echoopera said:
    This looks like a perfectly sensible Piano Roll. I think 4Pockets very utilitarian UI design scheme will finally work for me with this app.

I love that i can see all 16 tracks in a single instance. I really wish ATOM 2 kept all the midi channels in a single UI view. I really don’t like the proliferation of UI instances in Atom2...it’s a buzz killer for me having to remember which spawned instance in AUM is the one i want to modify.

LK keeps it all together in 1 view and does this very well, so i am hopeful that Helium will relieve me of this decision fatigue scenario i experience when using ATOM2.

Looking forward to this. 👊🏼™️

Btw, anyone think that Paul is being cheeky by giving his app an ATOMic name? 🤪

I agree 100%. I want to see everything in one instance..... atom is fine, but same trying to remember 10-15 instances of it.....

But also remember 2 lower all your notes 4 octaves....... Helium....😂

Yeah what’s so weird is that we have access to the Midi Channels in a single view in Atom2. Not sure why that wasn’t used to house the Piano Rolls for the individual clips to support the multiple instruments one sequences to.

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

@echoopera said:
    Yeah what’s so weird is that we have access to the Midi Channels in a single view in Atom2. Not sure why that wasn’t used to house the Piano Rolls for the individual clips to support the multiple instruments one sequences to.

Patience. There are some things coming that will reduce the number of instances needed. Not quite what you're referring to here yet, but outstanding nonetheless.

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

This sucker looks really good. Amazing how we've suddenly got so many great choices for AUv3 piano-roll sequencing. I'm conflicted about this situation because I'd prefer to have a strong favorite, but in this case they're all equally outstanding.

That red really puts me off though. I guess that's a good thing. :D

• Can’t wait for this to come out, I like all the 4pockets apps anyway. I wonder if this will record all channels simultaneously in one instance.

• @wim said:

@echoopera said:

Patience. There are some things coming that will reduce the number of instances needed. Not quite what you're referring to here yet, but outstanding nonetheless.

Good. The less UI windows we have open the better.

• The Snapshot feature looks Mad..
    Hope to see it advanced to a ‘global’ thing.. Snapping current state of AUM.. song mode of saved State’s, morphing.. well

• when is the release date on this one?

• @eross said:
    when is the release date on this one?

Think I read maybe end of this week

• sweet!! .......is it the end of the week yet ?

• edited April 2021

IAP for Trigger Conditions (Probability, Reset, Tie, Skip, etc) in that Controller tab? :)
    Fold, Scale/Key Quantize?

Looks Great... <3

• Shut up and take my money!

This man is amazing!

• get out of here! a don’t wanna knock atom 2 because it truly is great, but this thing just jumped ahead to leader of the pack in piano roll midi sequencing. can’t wait for it to drop

• so has this submitted to the app store for review already? it’s not there yet

• Looking good.

Have to agree about the red notes. Does something unpleasant in my brain.

Would like to see the notes follow the track colors. And making red track 16 so I never actually get to it. :)

• @syrupcore said:
    Looking good.

Have to agree about the red notes. Does something unpleasant in my brain.

Would like to see the notes follow the track colors. And making red track 16 so I never actually get to it. :)

Brilliant idea.

• So can we play a midi controller and have it record what we play? I’ve seen midi clips being dropped in and loops being triggered from the keyboard, I just haven’t seen anything being recorded from the keyboard. Instabuy as long as it can record noted being played from a midi controller

• @zah said:
    In the video - 15m it says there is a manual...where could I find this manual?

His manuals are always in-app, so you can't find it yet as the app is not yet available, unfortunately

• @Gavinski said:

@zah said:

His manuals are always in-app, so you can't find it yet as the app is not yet available, unfortunately

Bummer. Really wish folks could/would publish manuals to their websites or something. When you want to reference both the app and the manual at the same time, in-app manuals are a bummer.

• edited April 2021

Output Buss system seems, ‘innovative’... might work well in other apps to prevent clutter Seems drums can go to one buss, etc.
    Slick..

• @syrupcore said:

@Gavinski said:

@zah said:

Bummer. Really wish folks could/would publish manuals to their websites or something. When you want to reference both the app and the manual at the same time, in-app manuals are a bummer.

Agreed, especially also when they don't remember the position you left off at

• I do wonder if he plans to add support for scales and 'track overlays' (ie. see the notes dimmed from other track(s)) while editing a track?

It's quite funny that in the latest vide he points out a bug in Cubasis which reports wrong sample-rate to midi plug-ins...

Looks like Atom 2 gets some competition which is always nice ;)

• Hmmmmm. No scale mode? I hope that is added quick. LK has it right with the scales(they need more) but the fold notes options it has.

• edited April 2021

New tutorial landed (oops just realised it was posted above!)

• @Samu said:
    I do wonder if he plans to add support for scales and 'track overlays' (ie. see the notes dimmed from other track(s)) while editing a track?

It's quite funny that in the latest vide he points out a bug in Cubasis which reports wrong sample-rate to midi plug-ins...

Looks like Atom 2 gets some competition which is always nice ;)

And LK too..

Beautiful..

Looking great... hope it is released soon...

• @Strizbiz said:
    So can we play a midi controller and have it record what we play? I’ve seen midi clips being dropped in and loops being triggered from the keyboard, I just haven’t seen anything being recorded from the keyboard. Instabuy as long as it can record noted being played from a midi controller

Yes; this functionality is specifically demoed in the above video, starting at about 7:10.

• @echoopera said:

@wim said:

@echoopera said:

Multiple patterns can now be launched from within a single Atom 2 instance. In Drambo the patterns automagically switch on Drambo pattern change. It's a beautiful thing.

(Sorry, it's probably not so appropriate for me to to bring it up in this thread about another app, but that's where the question came up.)

• @wim said:

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

@echoopera said:

Multiple patterns can now be launched from within a single Atom 2 instance. In Drambo the patterns automagically switch on Drambo pattern change. It's a beautiful thing.

(Sorry, it's probably not so appropriate for me to to bring it up in this thread about another app, but that's where the question came up.)

Can’t wait to see this. 🥰

• I was not planning on buying this just yet but having seen in that ^ video that this will let me browse my Groove Monkee drum clips then it looks like it will be a worthwhile investment. I spent quite a lot of money on those and they have been sitting on my network drive waiting for a MIDI browser. If this works well as a general MIDI browser then it will be worth the ticket price regardless of the other options as this is an area which I have found lacking on iOS.

It looks smooth so hopefully under the covers it is browsing the zip archive and pulling out selected files rather than unpacking the archive first.

• The dev commented on the video that the app should be out today and it will initially be released at £9.99.