Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Respiro wind-synth by IMOXPLUS

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1537945616

Description:

Respiro is a unique software synthesizer using a "state of the art" physical modeling sound engine able to reproduce the sound and behaviour similar to wind-instruments.
It offers sonic capabilities of woodwinds and can also create 'never heard before' sounds. It turns your breath into a unique experience, providing amazing musical vibrations and interaction.

This free app allows you to play Respiro instruments on iOS devices. You get 6 fully working instruments. The app might look simple, but it has an innovative Physical Model sound engine under the hood.
It is bundled as standalone Inter-Audio-Application and AUv3 Audio Unit extension.

Available as:
● Free: player for iOS devices: Inter Audio Application and AUv3.
● Payed: full synth app for Mac & Windows devices: Audio Units, VST3, Standalone. More details on www.imoxplus.com

Details iOS version:
● Physical Modeling mono synth with wavetable injection.
● Requires breath pressure input to make sound. By default it responds to midi controller CC02 (Breath) but you can change this to CC07 (volume), CC11 (expression) or other..
● Made for wind & breath controllers such as EWI, Roland AE, Sylphyo, Emeo, TravelSax, Warble, Synthophone, Yamaha WX5, 7, 11, YDS, Vindor, NuRad, NuEvi, DM48 and others.
● Keyboard user can play this synth with great expression using a breath controller like the TEControl BBC2, MRTAudio BC etc.
● Responds to midi-program changes.
● Click the Imoxplus logo to send a midi panic (stop sound).

Details Mac & Windows version:
● Deeper access to parameters via a very intuitive user interface.
● Large set of instruments and variants.
● Ability to tweak and tailor the behaviour of instruments towards your personal needs and store these as variants.
● Microtuning, vibrato, tremolo, glides, macros, midi CC mapping etc.
● Ability to export instruments & variants to your iOS device.

Audio examples:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcJFm5qmkilhIwuhezp8Y6g

How to make it sound in Garageband without breath or wind-controller?
● Load the Respiro player as AUv3 into a Garageband track
● Click the Respiro settings cog-wheel and set this to AT2 (aftertouch)
● Touch / play the Garageband keyboard

Getting more instruments?
● More instruments are included in the (payed) full version available for Mac & Windows only.
● Within the full version of Respiro

• Click the instrument browser menu and set the library code - you find this code in the menu of the Respiro iOS player.
  • Set a midi program number for each instruments you want to export.
  • Select the export option in the instrument browser menu - a library file will be created on your desktop.
  • Transfer this library file to your iPad/iPhone file folder.
    ● Within the Respiro iOS player

• Open the menu and select "import library". Navigate to the file folder and select the library file to be imported.

Obtaining support?
● Please put your questions and suggestion on the Imoxplus forum. We will answer a.s.a.p.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 9.3
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Cool!
    A quick test inside Drambo:

• These seem nice, easy enough to set up with Xequence keys and play, all six sound really nice and expressive and simple...

• edited April 2021

Cool, I just sent the link to my father, who has a Roland aerophone, hopefully he’ll try it out with his iPad.

I just tried it with GarageBand and it does sound good.

• Forgive the ignorance.... Will I need to map this to a keyboard as a CC, or will it simply play the 6 instruments?

• edited April 2021

@LinearLineman said:
    Forgive the ignorance.... Will I need to map this to a keyboard as a CC, or will it simply play the 6 instruments?

The App Store description said to set the GarageBand keyboard to aftertouch using the gear icon on the respire auv3 panel. I did that and it worked, but I’m not sure how you’d do it with other keyboards.

EDIT: I just used it with velocity keyboard and it worked well- just set velocity keyboard to AT2 as well. I guess that would be true of any control app.

• Thanks, @mrufino1.... what is AT2?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks, @mrufino1.... what is AT2?

The App Store description refers to an item in the app’s setup menu as AT2 (which sets up aftertouch in GarageBand).

• Pretty cool little app. Anything that uses instrument modeling I’m into it.

• @michael_m said:

@LinearLineman said:

The App Store description refers to an item in the app’s setup menu as AT2 (which sets up aftertouch in GarageBand).

The settings appear to allow something titled VC which I am guessing is velocity control.
    The BC control defaults to cc2 but can be changed to your choice (eg cc7,cc11 etc). I setup tc-data to send cc2 via touch size on a number of my tc-data play surfaces to good effect with this app. Have not tried VC yet.
    Interestingly just leaving the Tc-data screen with a non zero BC controller value allowed the AUM keyboard to make sounds though not as expressive as via touch size control from tc-data. Hope that made sense.
    In any case the 6 free sounds are great but I wish they would consider selling IAP packs of the sounds from the Mac/pc version (which can be imported into this iOS player app)...

• @LinearLineman said:

As they said, some sort of aftertouch. Velocity keyboard has the same setting. Their description also says you can use the mod wheel as a breath controller. Hopefully my dad will try the app, he’s played clarinet and other woodwinds for about 60 years. He’s been using the aerophone to pay at his church and some other things because there’s a lower COVID risk to others than using his clarinet, saxes, or flute. I just think it’s fun that my dad is 73 and starting to mess with electronic instruments, even if it is just to imitate real sounds.

• Does it work in AUM ?

• edited April 2021

@mlau said:
    Does it work in AUM ?

Yes it does 😊

• @mrufino1 said:

@LinearLineman said:

As they said, some sort of aftertouch. Velocity keyboard has the same setting. Their description also says you can use the mod wheel as a breath controller. Hopefully my dad will try the app, he’s played clarinet and other woodwinds for about 60 years. He’s been using the aerophone to pay at his church and some other things because there’s a lower COVID risk to others than using his clarinet, saxes, or flute. I just think it’s fun that my dad is 73 and starting to mess with electronic instruments, even if it is just to imitate real sounds.

Damn @mrufino1... I’m 72.. This smacks of ageism😳😉😂😘!

• @White said:

@mlau said:
    Does it work in AUM ?

Yes it does 😊

Was asking cause i don’t get any sound out of it... is there something i should do somewhere in the settings ?

• @mlau said:

@White said:

@mlau said:
    Does it work in AUM ?

Yes it does 😊

Was asking cause i don’t get any sound out of it... is there something i should do somewhere in the settings ?

● Load the Respiro player as AUv3 into AUM
    ● Click the Respiro settings cog-wheel and set Control Mode to AT2 (aftertouch)

• @White i should drink more espresso ☕️☕️☕️😎 thanks 🙏

• edited April 2021

@White said:
    ● Click the Respiro settings cog-wheel and set Control Mode to AT2 (aftertouch)

Thanks, I was looking that info to get sound from app :)

I have Yamaha S90es keyboard + Yamaha BC1 breath controller. I can try to test if RESPIRO work with BC1 and blowing air. Unfortunatelly I have no Yamaha PLG-150VL card anymore and I'm not sure if S90es work in any other way (external devices or iOS app via MIDI) than with this dedicated card.

• There is a setting for MPE Aftertouch, and that works fine with my Roli Block. However there isn’t a way to change the pitch bend to match the Block, that would be a welcome addition.

• @LinearLineman said:

@mrufino1 said:

@LinearLineman said:

Damn @mrufino1... I’m 72.. This smacks of ageism😳😉😂😘!

Very much the reverse I hope! My parents have varied tastes but are both classical musicians, so it’s cool to see them playing in the community jazz band (my mom is a cellist, church organist, and pianist), see my dad using electronic instruments, using the zoom h1 I gave them for Christmas a few years ago to record concerts, stuff like that. But I attribute my involvement in music and the many varied situations that I am involved in to their musical activities as I was growing up. My dad was a high school choral director in NJ for 44 years and my mother always was a church organist and later got into teaching music in school, then psychology as we all grew up. And I went to many many concerts in gardens, town parks, etc seeing them play with chamber groups, orchestras, bands, all sorts of things. The biggest treat though? We all played together for a high school’s musical. That was a fun week.

So, with all that, I love that people of any age never stop learning and trying new things and I hope that I am always that way. In fact, my father, who has a doctorate in music, went to the community college in their county when he retired from teaching to take Italian classes, just because he always wanted to do it.

• If the developer is here and can see these comments...

Why isn’t this a paid and fully functioning app made for iOS/iPadOS? After looking at your website, it’s clear most of the functionality for this app has been limited to drive traffic to desktop based software. Personally, I will probably never buy a breath-controller for my purposes and it’s an open question if i’ll ever buy a Mac again, but I would gladly pay to ensure you could offer an app which might end up competing against other apps in the modeled instruments category. I’d love to have more options for instruments when I record.

• @NeuM said:
    If the developer is here and can see these comments...

Why isn’t this a paid and fully functioning app made for iOS/iPadOS? After looking at your website, it’s clear most of the functionality for this app has been limited to drive traffic to desktop based software. Personally, I will probably never buy a breath-controller for my purposes and it’s an open question if i’ll ever buy a Mac again, but I would gladly pay to ensure you could offer an app which might end up competing against other apps in the modeled instruments category. I’d love to have more options for instruments when I record.

From an email which the developer, Rudy, sent out to his mailing list:

"This project was a new experience for me. I have now more expertise and hope to get to a point where I develop from ground-up a new PM/WT wind-synth for iOS. Right now my focus goes to the development of the Photon Editor app."

• edited April 2021

Fun fact folks: Cykle sequencer allows you to set a lane for Breath Control directly, (Control 2 Breath Control MSB - just select the Control option for a lane, click on the pencil option and scroll to MIDI cc #2- job done!) No alterations to Respiro required, and it works just fine in AUM. Luvverly! :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    Fun fact folks: Cykle sequencer allows you to set a lane for Breath Control directly, (Control 2 Breath Control MSB - just select the Control option for a lane, click on the pencil option and scroll to MIDI cc #2- job done!) No alterations to Respiro required, and it works just fine in AUM. Luvverly! :)

I’ll have to try GeoShred Pro with this to see if I can really get some variety out of it. Tried it with the GarageBand keyboard and found MPE was not really utilized at all.

• edited April 2021

Fun fact folks: Cykle sequencer allows you to set a lane for Breath Control directly, no alterations to Respiro required, and it works just fine in AUM. Luvverly! :)

Like this:

Everything set to maximum rando just for the hell of it. Never mind the, err... ‘music’, feel the app! :)

• @mrufino1 said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Forgive the ignorance.... Will I need to map this to a keyboard as a CC, or will it simply play the 6 instruments?

The App Store description said to set the GarageBand keyboard to aftertouch using the gear icon on the respire auv3 panel. I did that and it worked, but I’m not sure how you’d do it with other keyboards.

EDIT: I just used it with velocity keyboard and it worked well- just set velocity keyboard to AT2 as well. I guess that would be true of any control app.

I have Velocity kb controlling Respiro with the at2 setting, but there is no pitch bend. What am I doing wrong?

Nice synth, assuming I can get pitch bend working.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@mrufino1 said:

@LinearLineman said:

I have Velocity kb controlling Respiro with the at2 setting, but there is no pitch bend. What am I doing wrong?

Nice synth, assuming I can get pitch bend working.

I’m not sure, I don’t remember if pitch bend worked, I’ll try to remember to check today. I was impressed with the sounds though for sure. I hope my dad gets into it.

• Velocity keyboard works best with respiro in single channel mono legato mode.
    Send breath, by setting y distance to cc02.

• Wow will have to try this with my EWI on the iPad

• @Alfred said:
    Velocity keyboard works best with respiro in single channel mono legato mode.
    Send breath, by setting y distance to cc02.

Thanks very much, I’ve got breath working now by doing what you suggest. Have you managed to get pitch bend going?

• Yes pitchbend works. Set the range to two semitones.