Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drumpad sampler with midi pedal

Hi, I need to play some stickers (~10 seconds) with a midi controller pedal and I'm looking for a lightweight app (compatible with iPhone 5s iOS12.4) that works in the background.
I thought of a drumpad, with a midi that can be mapped and that accepts external commands. Ex. DrumPerfect Pro 2 but this only runs on iPads.
Thanks

Comments

• Koala maybe ?

• @jazzmess said:
    Koala maybe ?

I didn't know this app. Thanks. 👍

• Does anyone know if MidiPad2 receives external midi commands? 🤔

• @ronaldobc said:
    Does anyone know if MidiPad2 receives external midi commands? 🤔

Even if it does, how does that help you? It doesn't play samples.

• In addition to Koala, EG Pulse seems like a good choice, provided your controller can send notes rather than cc's.

If you have AUM, it has a file player built-in. You would have to load each audio clip on a separate AUM channel, whereas with Koala or EG Pulse you could have several loaded into one instance of the app.

• @wim said:

@ronaldobc said:
    Does anyone know if MidiPad2 receives external midi commands? 🤔

Even if it does, how does that help you? It doesn't play samples.

I thought he worked with audio too :-/

• Digistix should work

• Any more suggestions? 🤔

• DrumJam maybe. Since both the device and the OS is older your options will be limited. You best bet will Probably be an app that’s been around awhile, that will let you download an older version.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    DrumJam maybe. Since both the device and the OS is older your options will be limited. You best bet will Probably be an app that’s been around awhile, that will let you download an older version.

I have DrumJam and he just drums. I use Band Helper which has a built-in player and midi controller, but it's by subscription. I'd rather buy than pay rent. ;-)