Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mozaic script to record CC, PW,.. as notes and back to normal(1.0 beta)

edited April 2021 in App Tips and Tricks
// CC2Note 1.0.0  -  Mozaic 1.3.9

@OnLoad
  CC_64 = 0 // use midi note 0 = lowest note = C-2 (cubasis,drambo) or C-1(aum, atom)
// for continuous CC it would be better to use a few notes, using 1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5...
  CC_1 = 1
  // for pitch bend we need a 14 bit value, so we use 2 notes
  PITCH_1 = 2
  PITCH_2 = 3

// for continuous CC we need a note off time
  CC_NoteDuration = 64  // 1/64 use 64, 1/32 use 32, .., 1 Beat use 1
  // make sure to set QUANT to OFF in atom when recording, unless that's what you want
  SetShortName {CC-2-N}
@End

@OnMidiInput
  if MIDICommand = 0xB0 // CC
    if MIDIByte2 = 64 // Pedal
       SendMIDIOut 0x90 | MIDIChannel , CC_64, MIDIByte3
    elseif MIDIByte2 = 1 // ModWheel
       v = MIDIByte3
       Inc v, 127
       SendMIDIOut 0x90 | MIDIChannel , CC_1, v
       SendMIDIOut 0x80 | MIDIChannel, CC_1, 0, Round(QuarterNote*4 / CC_NoteDuration)
    else
      SendMIDIThru
    endif
  elseif MIDICommand = 0xE0 // Pitch Bend
     v = MIDIByte2
     Inc v, 127
     SendMIDIOut 0x90 | MIDIChannel , PITCH_1, v
     v = MIDIByte3
     Inc v, 127
     SendMIDIOut 0x90 | MIDIChannel , PITCH_2, v
     SendMIDIOut 0x80 | MIDIChannel , PITCH_1, , Round(QuarterNote*4 / CC_NoteDuration)
     SendMIDIOut 0x80 | MIDIChannel , PITCH_2, , Round(QuarterNote*4 / CC_NoteDuration)
  else
    SendMIDIThru
  endif
@End

Comments

• edited April 2021
    // Note2CC 1.0.0  -  Mozaic 1.3.9

@OnLoad
     // TODO you can add any other CC // it needs some extra coding
      CC_64 = 0 // use midi note 0 = lowest note = C-2 (Drambo, cubasis) or C-1(aum, atom)
    // for continuous CC it would be better to use a few notes, using 1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5...
      CC_1 = 1
      // for pitch bend we need a 14 bit value, so we use 2 notes
      PITCH_1 = 2
      PITCH_2 = 3
      LAST_CC = 3
    // End of TODO
      SetShortName {N-2-CC}
      // some pitch wheel flags
      p1 = -1
      p2 = -1
    @End

@OnMidiInput
      if MIDICommand = 0x90 // Note On
        if MIDIByte2 = CC_64 // Pedal
           SendMIDIOut 0xB0 | MIDIChannel , 64, 127
        elseif MIDIByte2 = CC_1 // ModWheel
           v = MIDIByte3
           Dec v, 0
           If v = 126
             v = 127
           endif
           SendMIDIOut 0xB0 | MIDIChannel , CC_1, v
        elseif MIDIByte2 = PITCH_1
          p1 = MIDIByte3
          if p1 < 127
            DEc p1, 0
          endif
          if p2 >= 0
            SendMIDIOut 0xE0 | MIDIChannel, p1, p2
            p1 = -1
            p2 = -1
          endif
        elseif MIDIByte2 = PITCH_2
          p2 = MIDIByte3
          if p2 < 127
            DEc p2, 0
          endif
          if p1 >= 0
            SendMIDIOut 0xE0 | MIDIChannel, p1, p2
            p1 = -1
            p2 = -1
          endif
        else
          SendMIDIThru
        endif
      elseif MIDICommand = 0x80 // note off
        if MIDIByte2 = CC_64 // Pedal
          SendMIDIOut 0xB0 | MIDIChannel, 64, 0
        elseif MIDIByte2 <= LAST_CC
          exit // no use of note off for other CC
        else    
          SendMIDIThru
        endif
      else
        SendMIDIThru
      endif
    @End

• @mbncp Nice and usefull idea for a script. Since the normal midi notes run through, one script can be used ‚before‘ sendeing to record the data in Atom converting CC-1 and PitchBend to low notes. And the second script is placed ‚after‘ Atom to re-generate CC-1 / PitchBend before driving an instrument.

Just some minor remarks for polishing:

• In OnLoad add SetShortName {CC-2-N} and SetShortName {N-2-CC} to add an icon name that also helps identifying the scripts in AUMs midi matrix.
    • Add a @Description block at the top, containg the script‘s name and a short usage instruction. Then in each OnLoad add a ShowLayout 4 to show this description when loading the script.

It would be cool if you also could publish these to PatchStorage. I suggest combining both into a zip since they belong together and diffferent versions of each could be problematic.

• No way, I’ve been wanting a way to record automation in Mozaic. It be cool if you took @_ki notes and put on Patchstorage. Thanks for the great work.

• _ki_ki
    edited April 2021

@Poppadocrock The recording / replay takes place in Atom or Atom ² , not in the script itself.

These handy scripts convert ModWheel/PitchBend to low notes to be recorded in addition to the normal notes. For playback playback, feed the recording into the second script to convert the low notes back to ModdWheel/PitchBend and passing on the normal notes :)

• @_ki
    I did this just to try the concept. The scripts are badly written, making it difficult for the end user to add or remove a "CC".
    I don't think I will go any further with this, though it could be interesting in a specific situation.
    If cc recording wouldn't come on atom2, it would be something else, but I don't mind waiting a bit longer, and have an integrated solution.

• edited April 2021

@_ki said:
    @Poppadocrock The recording / replay takes place in Atom or Atom ² , not in the script itself.

These handy scripts convert ModWheel/PitchBend to low notes to be recorded in addition to the normal notes. For playback playback, feed the recording into the second script to convert the low notes back to ModdWheel/PitchBend and passing on the normal notes :)

Oh, ok, my mistake, I thought I was off about something because @wim told me recently that would be very difficult and tedious, or something to that effect.

Recently realized MidiMixer has 3 custom CC’s you can draw in automation.