Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Buchla Dreaming - 3 instances of ID700, Slammer, Autony, and Drambo Drambo Drambo...

Playing with the new ID700 synth here. 3 instances, the first one is sequenced by Autony, the “unreliable sequencer”, with a graphic modulator on the main for volume swelling for this track.

Also on Track 1 are two more G-mods (graphic modulators) one controlling Autony’s transpose knob, and the other controlling an index in the ID700.

Tracks 2, 3, & 4 Drambo “Drums on Keys” (Some of the best drum sounds on iOS live here IMO)

On the main, I did use a set of 2 G-Mods on the Hats. One to control the pan of the hats, and the second one to control the speed of the pan. Playing with two of these set up like this can yield very interesting results where the pan will drift, and stop certain places, then start moving again... it’s really neat!

Track 5 “ Jon Bass”! I’m really starting to love this module! Been using it in a lot of things.

Track 6 The Amazing “Tines [INVIS] 5” module! (Wavetable synth IAP)

Track 7 Ravenscroft 275 and some Eventide Blackhole (always a winning combo!)

Track 8 Slammer - Love these cymbals! Also using a shovel lol

Track 9 ID700 - another random preset chosen for a small melody line.

Track 10 ID700 - On this instance I did a little tweaking on a random preset and dialed in a new preset of my own. “Intrepolicious_1” which I’d be willing to share if someone could show me how.

Anyway, I’ve been having a ton of fun making music lately with all of these amazing tools we now have!

And I know I could probably count on one hand the amount of listeners that will sit through my pieces, but you guys are all I’ve got! Nobody else in my “real life” knows or cares anything about synthesizers, iOS production, or much less, my music. Well, the GF acts like she cares sometimes, but most of the time she says it’s all stupid and that I’m wasting my time (I guess because I’m not making money at it, nor do I have any top 10 hits or gold records behind me on the walls.)

She doesn’t understand how therapeutic it is. It’s a very rewarding escape for me, to get lost in some sounds and beats, and be able to manipulate everything until music emerges.

I’m a manager for a full service restaurant in Florida and I work my ass off, sometimes several 12-13 hour double shifts back to back where I’ll go all day without touching a synth or any music apps. Then, I’ll come home, take a long hot shower, eat, smoke, grab the iPad, and start composing. This is my music life nowadays. It used to be electric guitar, but that’s hard to do late at night when everyone else is asleep, so it’s the iPad on the couch with headphones these days, only getting the guitars out now and then when I need them.

This is where everything that I had on my mind throughout the day, every worry, every problem at work, everything... just flies right out the window, and I’m now in my happy place, right here with you guys!

You guys (and gals) are what keeps me creating! Every now and then someone will leave a very nice comment, compliment, or just some kind words, and that’s all it takes! Just knowing that there’s someone out there that will listen.

So please enjoy the piece! This is another one from the heart ❤️ I spent almost my entire day off today working on it, so any feedback or comments will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Really identify with your thinking about music making. The track sounds gorgeous, a therapeutic listen, and the buchla really works, kind of ‘nostalgic-futuristic’.

• edited April 2021

Nice vibe - Great music for heading into Summer!

• edited April 2021

@Intrepolicious : mellow, sophisticated stuff, beautifully done. Thank you :) And I can relate to the motive too. Luckily, I am now retired, but the motive is the same: no hope or expectation of fame, or ‘success’, just for the love of it. Knowing it has been heard, maybe even liked, by at least a few people. And isn’t that the best, the purest reason?

• Some great stuff going on in this track here @Intrepolicious i really love how musical you’ve made the ID700 sound. I can’t get it to sound good for me.

I get this nice reminder of Frazier Chorus on the track...feels like a nice ARP could live in the piece as well. FWIW, i really love how well formed, structured and thought out your tracks are. They are complete songs which is wonderful.

I hear you on the therapy part. I can’t live without making music nowadays.

Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing. As far as the GF, bring home some nice flowers and her favorite beverage and just thank her and love her.

Peace unto you and yours brother 🙏🏼💕

• @Tickletiger said:
    Really identify with your thinking about music making. The track sounds gorgeous, a therapeutic listen, and the buchla really works, kind of ‘nostalgic-futuristic’.

Thank you! I really enjoyed putting this one together.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Nice vibe - Great music for heading into Summer!

Thanks for listening!

• @Svetlovska said:
    @Intrepolicious : mellow, sophisticated stuff, beautifully done. Thank you :) And I can relate to the motive too. Luckily, I am now retired, but the motive is the same: no hope or expectation of fame, or ‘success’, just for the love of it. Knowing it has been heard, maybe even liked, by at least a few people. And isn’t that the best, the purest reason?

Yes! Exactly, I like to think that while I might get a handful of listens now, then it’ll die off and fade away... But then someone will run across it one day. Maybe after I’m dead and gone? Maybe one of my future grandchildren will have a kid that’s into music and will be able to pull up these “vintage” tracks by his great great grandfather, and load them up into his Apple i-contact lens synth?

Idk, I think the purest reason is not the finished piece really, but more the journey. And it continues..

• I love this music. Keep going!

• @echoopera said:
    Some great stuff going on in this track here @Intrepolicious i really love how musical you’ve made the ID700 sound. I can’t get it to sound good for me.

I get this nice reminder of Frazier Chorus on the track...feels like a nice ARP could live in the piece as well. FWIW, i really love how well formed, structured and thought out your tracks are. They are complete songs which is wonderful.

I hear you on the therapy part. I can’t live without making music nowadays.

Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing. As far as the GF, bring home some nice flowers and her favorite beverage and just thank her and love her.

Peace unto you and yours brother 🙏🏼💕

Thank you for this!

This ID700 synth reminds me mostly of Aparillo’s FM engines (another one that IMO is also hard to tame) or Addstation with all the harmonic indexes, though I know this isn’t additive. It’s definitely unique!

I used two presets that I thought sounded good for the first two instances in this piece, then I decided I was going to try to create my own sound for the third instance.

I don’t remember which preset I started with, (and if there’s an init preset, I couldn’t find it) but I went through and changed a bunch of things around (having no real clue what I was doing) and ended up with a sound I was satisfied with. I think I spent over an hour just tweaking this one particular sound! Sort of like a pluck with a long release that takes a dive at the end.

I had to look up Frazier Chorus. (Thank you!)

I think I’d only call some of these complete songs though. I mean they’re “complete” in terms of having a full stack, where I’ve composed the entire band’s parts (drums and percussion, bass, mid voice instruments for rhythm parts, chord progressions and such, then lead instruments for melody lines and everything else), but I rarely write songs any more the way we used to back in the day where you had an intro, a couple verses, maybe a pre-chorus and then the chorus, more verses, chorus, bridge, key change, chorus, etc.

That’s why I just refer to these as “pieces” of music, or instrumental compositions? Most of the time lately, it’s started with experimenting with an app or synth, then it starts turning into something. I have been trying to make a “beginning” and an “end” for most pieces.

Thank you so much for giving my music a spin!

• Just found this video from Mister Bowie himself:

• Great stuff! Cool to read about your thought and mindset. Thank you :)

• Great stuff, mate
    Loved it.
    And thanks for the breakdown... this is a true work of love :wink:
    Well structured stuff :heart:
    And sorry about your GF not giving enough support.
    Mine is the opposite. She says I should post stuff, but I only have unfinished crappy loops :lol:

Back to track (pun intended), got no criticisms or suggestions. It's well mixed, fun and making me wanna buy ID700 :tongue:

• @Intrepolicious said:
    Playing with the new ID700 synth here. 3 instances, the first one is sequenced by Autony, the “unreliable sequencer”, with a graphic modulator on the main for volume swelling for this track.

Also on Track 1 are two more G-mods (graphic modulators) one controlling Autony’s transpose knob, and the other controlling an index in the ID700.

Tracks 2, 3, & 4 Drambo “Drums on Keys” (Some of the best drum sounds on iOS live here IMO)

On the main, I did use a set of 2 G-Mods on the Hats. One to control the pan of the hats, and the second one to control the speed of the pan. Playing with two of these set up like this can yield very interesting results where the pan will drift, and stop certain places, then start moving again... it’s really neat!

Track 5 “ Jon Bass”! I’m really starting to love this module! Been using it in a lot of things.

Track 10 ID700 - On this instance I did a little tweaking on a random preset and dialed in a new preset of my own. “Intrepolicious_1” which I’d be willing to share if someone could show me how.

Anyway, I’ve been having a ton of fun making music lately with all of these amazing tools we now have!

And I know I could probably count on one hand the amount of listeners that will sit through my pieces, but you guys are all I’ve got! Nobody else in my “real life” knows or cares anything about synthesizers, iOS production, or much less, my music. Well, the GF acts like she cares sometimes, but most of the time she says it’s all stupid and that I’m wasting my time (I guess because I’m not making money at it, nor do I have any top 10 hits or gold records behind me on the walls.)

She doesn’t understand how therapeutic it is. It’s a very rewarding escape for me, to get lost in some sounds and beats, and be able to manipulate everything until music emerges.

I’m a manager for a full service restaurant in Florida and I work my ass off, sometimes several 12-13 hour double shifts back to back where I’ll go all day without touching a synth or any music apps. Then, I’ll come home, take a long hot shower, eat, smoke, grab the iPad, and start composing. This is my music life nowadays. It used to be electric guitar, but that’s hard to do late at night when everyone else is asleep, so it’s the iPad on the couch with headphones these days, only getting the guitars out now and then when I need them.

This is where everything that I had on my mind throughout the day, every worry, every problem at work, everything... just flies right out the window, and I’m now in my happy place, right here with you guys!

You guys (and gals) are what keeps me creating! Every now and then someone will leave a very nice comment, compliment, or just some kind words, and that’s all it takes! Just knowing that there’s someone out there that will listen.

So please enjoy the piece! This is another one from the heart ❤️ I spent almost my entire day off today working on it, so any feedback or comments will be greatly appreciated!

Enjoyed that and also reading about your musical release at the end of the day, can relate :smile:

• @Intrepolicious

Listening to your track as I type.
    Sounds really good, very chilled with nice textures.
    I think this is the third piece I’ve heard from you so far.
    Very cool.

I also like the accompanying description that you’ve written.
    Straight from the heart.
    Encouraging for many especially the ones who can empathise.

Nice music.
    Looking forward to hearing your next piece.

• Great track!!! For some reason it really triggered an emotional response in me.... I think when the piano came in for some reason it threw me back to some MTV days in the 80’s.... and I mean that in a great way!!! I loved the Bass and piano interaction...

• @Svetlovska said:
    :)

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I love this music. Keep going!

Thanks!

@echoopera said:
    Just found this video from Mister Bowie himself:

I can totally relate. Especially how he talks about the struggles of finishing something.
    And yeah, you’ve got to be a little looney!

@Pxlhg said:
    Great stuff! Cool to read about your thought and mindset. Thank you :)

Oh, thank you!

• @senhorlampada said:
    Great stuff, mate
    Loved it.
    And thanks for the breakdown... this is a true work of love :wink:
    Well structured stuff :heart:
    And sorry about your GF not giving enough support.
    Mine is the opposite. She says I should post stuff, but I only have unfinished crappy loops :lol:

Back to track (pun intended), got no criticisms or suggestions. It's well mixed, fun and making me wanna buy ID700 :tongue:

Thank you!

@muzka said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Enjoyed that and also reading about your musical release at the end of the day, can relate :smile:

Thanks for listening! (and reading!)

• @Gravitas said:
    @Intrepolicious

Listening to your track as I type.
    Sounds really good, very chilled with nice textures.
    I think this is the third piece I’ve heard from you so far.
    Very cool.

I also like the accompanying description that you’ve written.
    Straight from the heart.
    Encouraging for many especially the ones who can empathise.

Nice music.
    Looking forward to hearing your next piece.

Thank you so much🙏

I’m always learning from you all

@onerez said:
    Great track!!! For some reason it really triggered an emotional response in me.... I think when the piano came in for some reason it threw me back to some MTV days in the 80’s.... and I mean that in a great way!!! I loved the Bass and piano interaction...

I’m really glad you liked it! Thank you!

• The story arcs in your music are like beautiful mathematical trajectories... always a magical journey with great scenery.

• @McD said:
    The story arcs in your music are like beautiful mathematical trajectories... always a magical journey with great scenery.

Thank you @McD

Between you, @echoopera, @LinearLineman and a few others, I’ve learned so much! Thank you for being here!

And as always, thank you for lending an ear 👂🙏❤️

• I can relate, Ed. My exwife gf has listened to maybe a dozen tracks I’ve made and relatively underwhelmed or put off. I consider it excellent spiritual training and recommend the approach. > @Svetlovska said:

Totally agree with Svetlovska. So much music in this world of tomorrow and billions of ears. Even hundreds of thousands of listens is piddly these days. I make no effort beyond these imaginary walls.
    As I said, it is a spiritual exercise to interface with nothingness and a few ABF stalwarts.

Btw, Ed, do you post to BandCamp? Totally free and lasts for internet forever. Much more likely for your stuff to be trod upon in a hundred years by a cyborg musicologist. Assemble into an album and archive for the ages. What I do. Very satisfying.

Good production on these. You could easily lay a guitar on top for good measure.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I can relate, Ed. My exwife gf has listened to maybe a dozen tracks I’ve made and relatively underwhelmed or put off. I consider it excellent spiritual training and recommend the approach. > @Svetlovska said:

Totally agree with Svetlovska. So much music in this world of tomorrow and billions of ears. Even hundreds of thousands of listens is piddly these days. I make no effort beyond these imaginary walls.
    As I said, it is a spiritual exercise to interface with nothingness and a few ABF stalwarts.

Btw, Ed, do you post to BandCamp? Totally free and lasts for internet forever. Much more likely for your stuff to be trod upon in a hundred years by a cyborg musicologist. Assemble into an album and archive for the ages. What I do. Very satisfying.

Good production on these. You could easily lay a guitar on top for good measure.

Thank you Mike!

No, for whatever reason, I’ve yet to look into this bandcamp thing. Think it’ll outlast YouTube or SoundCloud?

• @Intrepolicious said:, (and if there’s an init preset, I couldn’t find it)

Found it!!!

I swear this wasn’t here the other day... :wink: