Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

cMemory changed? At least for me it has...

They even say in the App Store description "Attention cMemory does not provide the memory cleaning function"
I risked the 99 cents for the IAP in hopes that it would bring back the memory cleaning function. All that does is remove the ads.
You're welcome! :-)

Are there any of these performance enhancing apps that really work?

Comments

• Still works for me with current update. No probs at all here

• Still works for me after last update.

• At least, it SAYS it's working anyway :)

• edited May 2014

Guess I'm wrong. It was seeming like it just scanned and reported, but didn't actually change anything.
    Sorry for the misinfo!

• edited May 2014

Gives the same results as SYS Memory (couple of megs either way)

Edit: I meant SYS Activity

• You can set it for auto scan and recover.

• edited May 2014

Before run cMemory: 205 Mb free RAM.
    After, 558 Mb
    Deep refresh: 613 Mb
    Works OK on iPad4, latest iOS update.

• There is now only one button, that says "scan". Deep refresh is gone. There are no settings to make that I can find, just the option to rate it or share on FB. Are there other options hidden somewhere?

• edited May 2014

Strange. I have this.

• Thanks for confirming.
    What tha hell?

• The other thread ruined this app for me. I no longer believe in its mystical powers from the Far East.

• edited May 2014

It appears there are two apps, I searched "cmemory" in the AppStore; one labeled cMemory for iOS7 and then one with Japanese or Chinese writing. The one labeled for iOS 7 just had an update that removed deep cleaning but if you download the the other all, blue icon with shield and lightning bolt, it works properly and will translate all the writing into your local language...

Here's a link...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ji-su-nei-cun-zhu-shou/id784596968?mt=8

• It is Chinese. The name means "JiSu RAM assistant".

• In UK there is cMemory Pro and cMemory HD both look exactly the same. Using either it's not clear if the memory is being recovered after cleaning.

• edited May 2014

I never could understand how apple would let a third party app flush the memory usage of other apps.

• edited May 2014

So is the Chinese one that JMsexton brought up legit? Anyone use it?

• Maybe it depends when it was downloaded? All my apps are up to date, but I still have the deep refresh button in cmemory - but I remember that the version I have was pulled from the Appstore by Apple and then the new version re-appeared a few weeks later.

My hunch is that the "old" version simply hasn't been updated, which is why the new version, which claims to be for iOS 7, no longer works in the same way, they probably had to do that to get back on the app store.

• cMemory and the "Chinese" one are by the same seller. It looks like the Chinese language one is the full version. It has all the features without the need to buy the upgrade. It works and looks exactly the same.

• Both the Chinese language version and cMemory show updates around the same day

• Thanks @thinds

I took a closer look and searched the web for Chinese app security, it appears there have been some issues raised by a couple of countries, and china and Apple are not friendly right now, kinda like the Volkswagen thing I guess. I better talk to a coder first.

• @Zymos said:

Guess I'm wrong. It was seeming like it just scanned and reported, but didn't actually change anything.
    Sorry for the misinfo!

We both know what that's like. :)

• I don't think there is any need to be paranoid about the app being written by a Chinese person. It went through Apple's inspection just like every other app. Some Android apps on the other hand, Chinese or not, have been known to cause grief. Many people in China jailbreak their phones and use cracked apps. Not good.

• +1 for @MrNezumi comment.

• edited May 2014

Yeah I guess your right @MrNezumi about the approval process. It's not that the dev is Chinese but rather I can't read the chinese words.

@Tarekith said:

I never could understand how apple would let a third party app flush the memory usage of other apps.

This is a good point. I must ask someone who knows about code, as I am merely an end user.

• @WMWM - 没事。 很多中国人看不懂英语。

• Them's fighting words...

• edited May 2014

lol, I understood that (translated). Hilarious.

• @PaulB said:

@Zymos said:

Sorry for the misinfo!

We both know what that's like. :)

Except it turns out my what I thought was misinformation is actually correct- the version I'm talking about IS different- see screen shots. I was wrong in thinking I was wrong ;-)

I do have the Chinese one too, but got worried and deleted it when people raised concerns in the other cMemory thread.

• I've only changed the thread title 3 times, but now I'm sticking to my story!