Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ruismaker with akai MPK pads

Hi,
I’ve been trying to map the pads on my akai MPK mini to ruismaker in AUM without any success.

Has anyone had success mapping midi cc to to ruismaker or is this not possible?

Best regards,
Asturoidu

Comments

• Hi,
    Ruismaker responds to MIDI notes, not CCs. And the Ruismaker sound pads are not published as MIDI parameters, so AUM cannot help with mapping them. You may need a StreamByter script to convert the messages from your controller to the expected notes.

However, you should be able to map any of the control parameters with no problem.

• You might be able to use Mozaic as a pass-thru, and remap the MIDI notes sent from the controller to the notes expected by Ruismaker.

• Maybe check this:

https://patchstorage.com/remap-multi-channel-midi-drums/

(You would also have to buy Mozaic if you don't already own it).

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

mfxConvert.

Just route your MPK to it. Route mfxConvert to Ruismaker. Now, engage learn in the From side of mfxConvert and hit the first pad on the MPK. Now, on the To side set the note you need (Db2). Keep learn engaged and hit the second pad. Map this to Eb2. Repeat for the rest of the pads, mapping to notes F#2, Ab2, Bb2, Db3, Eb3, and F#3 in turn. Disengage Learn. Test each pad. If you need to change a mapping, you can select a new note from the dropdown box. When all is good, save this as a preset in mfxConvert.

No coding and it'll only set you back a couple of bucks.

You can accomplish the same with a Streambyter or Mozaic script, but mfxConvert is easier to adapt to other drum machines and other uses.

• edited April 2021

Just turn off CC mode on the MPK mini so it sends note data from the pads and set up the note mapping in ruismaker.

Or You could just set up the MPK mini to send the default Ruismaker note assignments from the pads as a preset using the preset editing software if you have access to a pc or a Mac and you’re good to go.

• @uncledave said:
    Hi,
    Ruismaker responds to MIDI notes, not CCs. And the Ruismaker sound pads are not published as MIDI parameters, so AUM cannot help with mapping them. You may need a StreamByter script to convert the messages from your controller to the expected notes.

However, you should be able to map any of the control parameters with no problem.

Yeh, true. I can switch the mpk pads between notes and cc, and had a look at streambyter but seems a bit too complicated for me. Thanks for the suggestion.

@michael_m said:
    Maybe check this:

https://patchstorage.com/remap-multi-channel-midi-drums/

(You would also have to buy Mozaic if you don't already own it).

I wish that one worked but for some reason it doesn't. I think the problem is with the channel assignment.
    It seems to want to assign a channel per ruismaker instrument and I can't remap that it seems

@klownshed said:
    Just turn off CC mode on the MPK mini so it sends note data from the pads and set up the note mapping in ruismaker.

Or You could just set up the MPK mini to send the default Ruismaker note assignments from the pads as a preset using the preset editing software if you have access to a pc or a Mac and you’re good to go.

Thanks, I ended up using the preset config tool for the mpk to map a program to ruismaker like you suggested. That worked. :)