Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vote for a Klevgrand Slammer-like with a sample loader

The user and all related content has been deleted.
Vote for a Klevgrand Slammer-like with a .wav sample loader
  1. Check your favorite one :56 votes
    1. I want it !
      73.21%
    2. Leave Klegrand alooone !
      25.00%
    3. BCKeys You are really suck in English, I don't understand your question
        1.79%

Comments

• edited April 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited April 2021

I’m not sure I understand. There are plenty of other apps with similar features that allow you to add your own samples. What is unique about Slammer as it relates to this question?

• @wim said:
    I’m not sure I understand. There are plenty of other apps with similar features that allow you to add your own samples. What is unique about Slammer as it relates to this question?

@wim said:

the pan 😎

• edited April 2021

@mlau said:

@wim said:

@wim said:

the pan 😎

I’m with @wim here. Imo the highlight of Ting and Slammer are in the quality of their multisamples. I wouldn’t say there’s anything very special about the sample playback engine itself that can’t be done in Audiolayer or Flexi.

If you’d like, I can whip up a 12 voice sample player for you, with per voice eq, pitch, pan and velocity curves. Of course, it’d be in Drambo, which may or may not be your poison 😉

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I would LOVE that !
    If I were klevgrand, I just wouldn t do this : it's an easy way so sell multisamples packs at the cost of an iOS app, and it saves them all the headache of file format, file management and imports. It s very well put together.
    Audiolayer had a tough start before sfz was available, now it's kind of smooth sailing but it must have required a lot of work to pull this out.
    But I repeat :smile: I would love to have this app :-)

• when slammer was released that was my first thought to. same framework as slammer that allows you to load your own samples would be fantastic

• EG Pulse is great drum sampler.

• edited April 2021

@eross said:
    when slammer was released that was my first thought to. same framework as slammer that allows you to load your own samples would be fantastic

@auxmux said:
    EG Pulse is great drum sampler.

There’s always at least 6 or 7 different solutions. EG Pulse or even sEGments?

@aleyas said:

If you’d like, I can whip up a 12 voice sample player for you, with per voice eq, pitch, pan and velocity curves. Of course, it’d be in Drambo, which may or may not be your poison 😉

I wouldn’t mind taking that for a spin. I’m sure I could build it myself, but I’d be interested in seeing how you would put it together. Patchstorage?

• @Intrepolicious said:

@eross said:
    when slammer was released that was my first thought to. same framework as slammer that allows you to load your own samples would be fantastic

@auxmux said:

@aleyas said:

I wouldn’t mind taking that for a spin. I’m sure I could build it myself, but I’d be interested in seeing how you would put it together. Patchstorage?

Give me a day or two 😉
    I’ll post the patchstorage link here and tag you when it’s done.

• edited April 2021

On Windows I'm using a drum sampler plugin called "Poise" for years.
    It's an MPC-style 16-pad-sampler with ( imho ) unrivaled simplicity and ease of use. Super fast workflow.

Each pad can load up to 8 samples, you can choose between layering/round robin/velocity. Pitch/FX/envelope per pad ( even per sample! ).
    Choke groups, filter, humanise features, LFO, it's all there.

You can build a fairly complex and realistic sounding drum kit in under a minute, it's insane. No bloatware. For me it's the ultimate drum sampler.
    Sadly the developer stopped working on it a few years ago but I still use it, it works rock solid in Reaper / Win10.
    It's free now:

https://www.onesmallclue.com/

After all these years I'm surprised that there's nothing on IOS which is even remotely close.

Still missing the ultimate drum sampler on iOS.

• @auxmux said:

it is on ipad, but sucks on iphone. the interface needs to be fixed. all the sample import controls are all over the place, and nearly impossible to change sounds. hoping for a update so i can use it on iphone more

• @SFXGuy said:
    It's an MPC-style 16-pad-sampler with ( imho ) unrivaled simplicity and ease of use. Super fast workflow.

Each pad can load up to 8 samples, you can choose between layering/round robin/velocity. Pitch/FX/envelope per pad ( even per sample! ).

You can build a fairly complex and realistic sounding drum kit in under a minute, it's insane. No bloatware. For me it's the ultimate drum sampler.
    Sadly the developer stopped working on it a few years ago but I still use it, it works rock solid in Reaper / Win10.
    It's free now:

After all these years I'm surprised that there's nothing on IOS which is even remotely close.

That’s cool, “Grace” looks interesting as well! I’ll give both a shot on my Windows machine in Live or Reaper. Thanks for the heads up on these.

• @aleyas said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@eross said:

@auxmux said:

@aleyas said:

Give me a day or two 😉
    I’ll post the patchstorage link here and tag you when it’s done.

Schweet!

• @Intrepolicious

@BCKeys

Don‘t want to spam this thread with too much unrelated stuff but there‘s a nice 4-part tutorial series for Poise:

Maybe a good source for inspiration, too. ( Hello, developers 😉 )

• OboObo
    edited April 2021

@BCKeys said:

@auxmux said:

I own this one, tried a few months ago, it wasnt intuitive enough for my taste 😔

I know what you mean with wanting it setup how KLEVGR does it. I can’t really put my finger on it but it does “feel” different from any others I know of. Hypertron is solid for loading your own sounds IMO but I haven’t tried it AUV really (yet). I did just check and it loads as a “sender” in AUM (not positive on how that differs from other designations like say instrument...). Might be worth a look.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hypertron/id1468266608

Edit... this is not AUV3. It loads in AUM as inter app audio. My bad!

• @BCKeys said:

@wim said:

4pockets apps ? Next....
    These apps are the perfect model of a messy app

Slammer UI is simple.

Ahh. Thanks. That gets to the root of it nicely. I see what you mean. Just the sampler and nothing but the sampler and some basic, effective controls. EG Pulse and DigiStix try to cram a lot more in.

I get it. 👍🏼

• edited April 2021

I'd take LogicPro's Drum Machine Designer any day...

(Each pad can use any available plug-in for sound generation, not just samples with full track effects etc.).

Think about it...
    ...GarageBand with an empty kit and drag'n'drop of samples would go a long way as it's already built around the drum machine designer.

• I’ll vote for one with several real Multisampled drum kits, maybe some real drum kits from different era’s, different genres, different brands, and the ability to pitch them.

• @Samu said:
    I'd take LogicPro's Drum Machine Designer any day...

(Each pad can use any available plug-in for sound generation, not just samples with full track effects etc.).

Think about it...
    ...GarageBand with an empty kit and drag'n'drop of samples would go a long way as it's already built around the drum machine designer.

The ability to build custom kits would be a perfect upgrade for iOS GarageBand AND if they offered playable guitars combining both strumming and the ability to convincingly play individual notes would be fantastic (not to mention I have a dream that one day they’ll give each virtual guitar a Tone control knob and switch for the pickups).

• My issue with a lot of the sample based drum machines that allow user samples is the sample import functionality. It's one thing to be able to load a sample its another to be able to import whole folders of organised samples into the app and pre-hear quickly and easily before selecting one of your own samples. The native file system does seem to be great for that.

I found Drambo to be my preferred solution on iPad for import and organising and pre-hearing samples. On top of that I can design my own drum rack/it interface on one channel that just has the controls that I need.

• Has my vote. A nice designed app with parameters and great looking like slammer would be downloaded upon arrival

• Hell, I wish Klevgrand would just rent out their app designing services to other devs, they have the most beautiful interfaces!

• No point for me. Plenty of other options out there to load and manipulate samples for my needs.

• With electronic drum machines, drum synths or more or less simple one-shot samplers you're more than covered on iOS.

If you want to build a half-decent realistic acoustic drum kit iOS is still quite a bit of a desert imho.

• @SFXGuy said:

It's free now:

Tried DrumPerfectPro?

• @SFXGuy said:
    With electronic drum machines, drum synths or more or less simple one-shot samplers you're more than covered on iOS.

If you want to build a half-decent realistic acoustic drum kit iOS is still quite a bit of a desert imho.

Agreed.
    I commented on the Slammer thread yesterday

@tahiche said:
    I love the concept behind these sampler apps.
    Do I need it?
    I have various sampler libraries that include these kind of sounds.
    I can build Drambo kits with them and add all the effects and stuff.
    Would I rather pay 8€ to have a curated set of excellent sounds and have everything working smoothly out of the box?. Totally!. For that small price you save a ton of work and obtain a far superior result.

That said, I wish they’d release this multiple velocity very well laid out UI as an app where you could load your own samples. The only dedicated app that can do this in a similar fashion that I know of is DigiStix, great app but very intuitive UI.

Drambo as of today is complicated and time consuming to setup. Round robin, velocity layers, choke groups,..
    You need velocity layers, round robin and choke groups at least. This rules out EGPulse and others.
    Slammer has got a great UI, as much I respect 4Pockets, DigiStix doesn’t. A good UI is crucial, makes the experience enjoyable and speeds things up. Slammer gets it right.