Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Klevgrand Slammer 20 min video walkthrough (winners announced!)

Klevgrand Slammer 20 min video walkthrough (3 FREE copies to give away!)

Slammer (desktop/iPad) has memorably been described by one Audiobus Forum member as ‘like Ting’s plaid-wearing brother’ (ExAsperis 👍), which is a great description! Klevgrand do quirky instruments and Slammer is no exception, but has a bit of a harder edge to it than usual. It contains 30 multi-sampled instruments covering a bunch of stuff you don’t normally hear that much in plugins - crowbars, shovels, teflon trays and tuned pipes among them. Slammer also has a nice inbuilt compression and distortion which, like the other effects, can be applied with precision to individual sounds. I dig it, and am particularly fond of the tuned pipes.

In this video tutorial I walk you through the main features and let you hear the preset sounds, all 30 individual sounds, and some examples of what this can sound like in your compositions or mixed with other FX like delays. At the end I give a brief review and ask whether it matters that Slammer does not have multi-out. If you find this video useful, please remember to give it a like, folks. Thank you!

This video has thumbnails when viewed in Youtube. Please do remember to give it a thumbs-up if you find it helpful folks! 🙏

If you would like to follow me on Twitter, my username is @gavinski_s
I mostly only tweet iOS Music related stuff

Comments

• This will premiere in about 15 mins and is only 20 mins long.

• Might get there a bit late, but looking forward to this one!

• What's the verdict? Sounds great I reckon

• Definitely sounds good, nice demo too, I missed the premiere though, caught napping :)

• Klevgrand apps always make me think of taking a break from cooking and knocking out a beat on the pans with my wooden sppon.

• Thanks bro, always on time with the reviews :D. Also a sidenote, I endure this abomination of an ad just for you:

I think YouTubers would make more money if the ads weren't such utter trash, lol.

• Yeah, they are very hipster indeed, lol, but not in the annoying way 😜 @ashh

• @FloRi89 said:
    Thanks bro, always on time with the reviews :D. Also a sidenote, I endure this abomination of an ad just for you:

I think YouTubers would make more money if the ads weren't such utter trash, lol.

Hmm, youtube will basically reflect back your searches... You put shit in, you get shit out Flo. Or maybe their algorithm was just having a bad day 😜 thank u anyway 😉

• @Gavinski said:

@FloRi89 said:
    Thanks bro, always on time with the reviews :D. Also a sidenote, I endure this abomination of an ad just for you:

Hmm, youtube will basically reflect back your searches... You put shit in, you get shit out Flo. Or maybe their algorithm was just having a bad day 😜 thank u anyway 😉

Lol, that game add is a million times more entertaining than the unison chord pack crap that's almost impossible to get rid off...

• @Gavinski said:

@FloRi89 said:

No, I'm just falling into their target group for those bullshit games somehow, because in this case I never search for them, never click on them and also don't play them :D.

• @FloRi89 said:

@Gavinski said:

@FloRi89 said:

No, I'm just falling into their target group for those bullshit games somehow, because in this case I never search for them, never click on them and also don't play them :D.

Like I say, their algo is not perfect YET... Thank god 👻

• @Gavinski said:

@FloRi89 said:

This does not reflect the number of times Nigel f’ing Farridge’s frog mug gets placed under me nose!

I live with it to support you content creators - maybe with some swearing.

• Oh dear, well, look on the bright side, if you watch it you are costing Nigel Farage, and don't look in any danger of being converted 😂

In all seriousness though, I'm pretty sure youtube has a feature that will enable you to stop seeing specific ads you object to

• You dropped this fast. Too bad I couldn't be there for the live. Because... timezones. Had a few hours before wakey-time :lol:

Regarding the ADs, I would take that one before the Midi Chord Pack indeed :lol:
    But the worse are the investor/financial types here in Brazil. Long ADs with annoying people trying to be all coachy or guru-y.

• If I never see an ad for the Drip plug-in ever again...

• Come on bro, Drip is 🔥 and 🍝. Did I mention it's 🔥?

• edited April 2021

• Here is a link to the Drambo sequencer Aleyas made specially for Slammer, used in one of the audio examples in the vid: https://patchstorage.com/klevgrand-seq/
    It’s really good stuff @aleyas 👍👍👍

• @Gavinski said:
    Here is a link to the Drambo sequencer Aleyas made specially for Slammer, used in one of the audio examples in the vid: https://patchstorage.com/klevgrand-seq/

Thanks Gavinski

This sequencer is ready to go (plug and play) for all of Klevgrand's percussion apps - Ting, Slammer, Skaka. (it can be set for any other drum app too). The project takes full advantage of the strengths of Drambo as a drum sequencer (its initial conception). Care was taken to make sure that the sequencer was able to squeeze as much nuance and expression as possible from the great multisamples in these Klevgrand apps. Full description of the sequencer's functions on patchstorage!

Here is a little demo of it in action

• @aleyas I really love this demo, great work, kind of ambient hip hoppy. Definitely not mucky 🔥😛

• @aleyas said:

@Gavinski said:
    Here is a link to the Drambo sequencer Aleyas made specially for Slammer, used in one of the audio examples in the vid: https://patchstorage.com/klevgrand-seq/

Thanks Gavinski

This sequencer is ready to go (plug and play) for all of Klevgrand's percussion apps - Ting, Slammer, Skaka. (it can be set for any other drum app too). The project takes full advantage of the strengths of Drambo as a drum sequencer (its initial conception). Care was taken to make sure that the sequencer was able to squeeze as much nuance and expression as possible from the great multisamples in these Klevgrand apps. Full description of the sequencer's functions on patchstorage!

Wow, that's marvelous. Very impressed by the track there. And it's in the service of a drum sequencer in Drambo!? What a time to be alive.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@aleyas said:

@Gavinski said:

Thanks Gavinski

Wow, that's marvelous. Very impressed by the track there. And it's in the service of a drum sequencer in Drambo!? What a time to be alive.

Yes, all sequencing done by Drambo! The patch is pretty straightforward, and just ready to go. Give it a spin if you feel inclined!

• Of course peoplw are inclined, it has the words 'Euclidean' and 'Stochastic' written all over it.... Literally 😉😜

• @Gavinski said:

What an awesome combo of apps! Thanks Gav for the vid + Aleyas for the super cool sequencer.. 👍 🙏

• Someone was asking about whether this does round robins, I checked and it does 3 to 8 per layer depending on the instrument.

• @Gavinski said:
    Come on bro, Drip is 🔥 and 🍝. Did I mention it's 🔥?

Just two clicks...instant stardom!!

• edited April 2021

@Gavinski said:

Well, that’s good, because when you insert the chord progression, “whoah, dat’s cold!” So it all balances out.

I laugh a lot at the “Nico’s midi pack” commercial though because my friend Blake is the person that says “it’s INsane.” I text Blake every time it comes up. Blake is such a positive guy though that he’d even find a way to compliment The Drip.

• Hahaha, the damn thing is, these ads that annoy you rate onto something because they get people talking about them. I think they are intentionally annoying, they know that on some level it works....maybe....or maybe they are just unintentionally annoying, who knows. What’s your friend’s opinion? I’ll have to look out for him next time I see that ad, I can hear those words in my head but can’t picture the face.

@mrufino1 said:

@Gavinski said:

Well, that’s good, because when you insert the chord progression, “whoah, dat’s cold!” So it all balances out.

I laugh a lot at the “Nico’s midi pack” commercial though because my friend Blake is the person that says “it’s INsane.” I text Blake every time it comes up. Blake is such a positive guy though that he’d even find a way to compliment The Drip.